Update 65 Release Notes
Here are the release notes for Update 65, released on Wednesday, December 6th, 2023.
Of Special Note:
The 9th Season of The Hardcore League Begins at 3pm Eastern on December 6th!
Learn more about the Hardcore League on DDO.com! The season ends when we bring the game worlds down for maintenance at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Wednesday, February 7th, 2024. The 9th Season brings a return of the third season of the Hardcore League called Saving Grace. This season features a +4 level lockout in addition to the ability to earn additional lives at levels 8 and 16 and more!
A rogue dragon acting unnaturally has been causing chaos in Stormreach, the Agents of Argonessen seek your assistance in helping to contain the Dragon before it can do more damage!
Earlier this year some of us on the DDO team gave a presentation at PAX East and we announced that we would be making a free dungeon based in part on your ideas and show you how it's made! That series called The Joy of Deving is available on our YouTube channel, and the dungeon itself is now live! This FREE DUNGEON can be found in The Marketplace just outside of the House Phiarlan Gate. Speak to Lady Nilith to get started. The quest is level 4 on Heroic difficulty and 34 on Legendary difficulty.
The Jester of Festivult has arrived!
The Jester of Festivult is now available in-game! Earn Copper, Silver, and Gold Festivult Coins throughout the game and turn them in for fun cookies! Read more about Festivult on DDO.com. The cookie list has been updated to swap out some effects for other and new effects.
A Festivult Curse!
This year a curse has settled on the lands during Festivult season! Cards from the Deck of Many Curses have begun appearing in more places . . .
- The Festivult Jester now has a chance to give Accursed, Uncanny, Otherworldly, or Forbidden Cards.
- The number of Cards that drop in chests (both end and optional) in Pilgrims' Peril, Stolen Power, Horde of the Illithid Controller, and Astral Ambush have been doubled at all difficulties.
- The end reward lists for Legendary Sagas now offer Cards as an option. (Numbers are Normal/Hard/Elite/True Elite):
- Legendary Mists of Ravenloft: (30/60/90/120) Accursed Cards
- Legendary Fables of the Feywild: (30/60/90/120) Accursed Cards
- Legendary Masterminds of Sharn: (30/60/90/120) Uncanny Cards
- Legendary Cogs Explorer Dungeons: (30/60/90/120) Uncanny Cards
- Legendary Haunting of Saltmarsh: (30/60/90/120) Otherworldly Cards
- Legendary Isle of Dread: (30/60/90/120) Otherworldly Cards
- Legendary Vecna Unleashed: (30/60/90/120) Forbidden Cards
News and Notes:
- Chronoscope Rewound now properly displays in the Adventure Compendium.
- Legendary loot in Chronoscope Rewound now appears with its proper Mythic and Reaper bonuses.
- Core 1 of Dire Thaumaturge now correctly provides its maximum Spell Points while in Reaper difficulty.
- The Vision of Wealth in the quest "Desire in the Dark" is now correctly flagged as a Construct.
- Fixed the tooltip of the Icon of the Lord of Blades.
- Removed weird extra tooltip info from Kensei's improved dodge
- The W score of some Gianthold raid items has been adjusted.
- Fixed a ton of typos in recent quest dialogues and effects
- The tooltip for Nightmare Lance is now more accurate
- Hood of Unrest now has a 10 minute cooldown. It also has a better icon and description.
- The quest "Repossession" now has a rest and resurrection shrine.
- The quest "Come Out and Slay" now has an additional resurrection shrine after the final fight ends.
- The Dominated Cloud Sentry in the quest "Horde of the Illithid" no longer uses its global lightning attack against the party when fighting other enemies. The global lightning party attack now has a 60 meter range. However, the giant's lightning strikes against its current target still has an unlimited range.