Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I for one no longer call out 'voices on'. Anyone stupid enough not to fulltime it should only make that mistake once or twice and I'm not holding up completion by 5 seconds for all the non-idiots.
    You seem to have a problem differentiating between someone making a different choice than you, and someone being "stupid" or an "idiot".

Believe it or not, there are actually players who don't care about wringing every last possible drop of XP out of the game, because it simply doesn't make any difference to how they play. If you added up all of the XP I've lost out on due to not having my voice in place at the ends of quests, it probably amounts to less than an extra hour spent in the Vale at level 18.

I'd rather spend dozens of hours with my character properly geared.

(I rarely use XP pots either, and never buy boxes or whatnot. Wow, it's a miracle I even know how to breathe!)

Community Member

Given how easy it is to find random loot with a colorless slot, I don't see why people wouldn't just socket The Master's Gift in an item with an open slot.
    It's also relatively cheap to unsocket it again with a Jeweler's kit to move it to another item when you upgrade.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Thoughts? Any better ideas?
    I don't know about better, but I used Boots with just a Colorless, starting at level 1 with
    Featherfalling Boots
    upgraded at level 11 to
    Featherfalling Boots of Good Luck +2

Alternatively, instead of Good Luck, you could do Resistance +5.

Boot slot isn't usually a key gear slot for me anyway, so I can just put it on and leave it on. In the past, I had been running the same thing, without an augment, and upgrading at 9 instead of 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    I have a ML: 9 Featherfall of Resist +5 with a colorless slot on one of my toons.
    Wait a minute here how are you doing this? Via Cannith Crafting this would come at ML11 with Masterful Craftsmanship, is it a random lootgen item with Wondrous Craftsmanship on it or something?

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    Guess I've been hallucinating the past three lives...

Mass delusion, everyone! Hurry!
    Ok... I had to stare at that picture for a long time in confusion. How on earth do you have CRAFTED Axeblock II? I was under the impression that none of that roman numeral BS was craftable.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Rings

I sometimes forget to switch my trinket, so I usually plant them in the main hand ring slot, so I don't have to worry about the switchup. I just don't have a heroic ring image handy, but heres an image I made for another post as an example. When I get to L20 I switch to this. The rings I swap around during game play are in the off hand ring slot (use hotbars) so this always stays equipped. Same concept if I had an image of a heroic ring handy.

Unhappy

Okay, asking just in case I am an idiot... my impression is that in order to create the master's gift augment you need to have 20 of the epic raid tokens and both the cloak and the trinket, yes? As that is my current understanding I have never created one, as I rarely run raids and even more rarely run epic ones. This reality caused me to shift from great joy when I read the release notes to great sorrow when I went to create one only to find they required raid tokens.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Okay, asking just in case I am an idiot... my impression is that in order to create the master's gift augment you need to have 20 of the epic raid tokens and both the cloak and the trinket, yes? As that is my current understanding I have never created one, as I rarely run raids and even more rarely run epic ones. This reality caused me to shift from great joy when I read the release notes to great sorrow when I went to create one only to find they required raid tokens.
    Close: it requires both items and just 5 Greater tokens. 20 would be an agreeable pain the butt, but 5 you can pretty effectively get from just 5 runs of say epic Chronoscope. You might even be able to do it in less than that if you ask people for tokens(ask nicely, it sometimes works)

I totally get not liking certain things/not wanting to grind content you find boring(don't even talk to me about "challenge" gear...), so if 5 is still too many to grind out then don't bother. Its nice but probably not worth it. That being said, the drop rate of epic tokens in epic Chronoscope is VERY high, to the tune of its unusual not to get one. It would take you perhaps 6 runs max.

Default 5 Greaters

What you do is farm a Voice of Master from Delara's (end reward item) and the Mantle of the Worldshaper (end reward item) from the Thernal chain. And you need to get 5 Great Tokens of the 12, which can be had from Epic Chronoscope (raids), etc. http://ddowiki.com/page/Token_of_the_Twelve

Then head over to the 12 to the Alter of Epic Rituals next to Lahar. Put your Voice, Mantle and 5 Greater Tokens of the 12 into the device, and crunch. The end result is the Master's Gift, http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Master%27s_Gift
    Last edited by Livmo; 10-09-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Ok... I had to stare at that picture for a long time in confusion. How on earth do you have CRAFTED Axeblock II? I was under the impression that none of that roman numeral BS was craftable.
    It's one of the undocumented... CC changes...
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

I rarely run raids and even more rarely run epic ones.
    If you have a caster you can solo farm the tokens on EN ADQ pretty easily.

cna't use the minos to slot it, i'm using the helm of free will slotted with full fort&20hp thoughness.

I have a nasty habit of forgetting my FF item after the ring nerfidge, still able to cap 4 times, picking up ff with the canith propulsion boots.
    The 5% exp augment is realy nice, there some decent trinkets out there
    (using cloack slot for greensteel hp)

Default Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    cna't use the minos to slot it, i'm using the helm of free will slotted with full fort&20hp thoughness.

I have a nasty habit of forgetting my FF item after the ring nerfidge, still able to cap 4 times, picking up ff with the canith propulsion boots.
    The 5% exp augment is realy nice, there some decent trinkets out there
    (using cloack slot for greensteel hp)
    That helm is very nice for L10. I would slot L12 auggies into it tho, which would bump of them min. level. I had to look this item up since I hand't come accross it yet. Now I know why!

Its from the The Twilight Forge. I own the pack, but never seen any LFMs for it and last life I got one breeze thru with an uber player on the team. However, we failed on the Titan raid. I can't seem to get my VIP friend to run this pack either :/ Gonna have to solo it, but I don;t think I will be able to solo the Titan Raid based on 1 and olny exp in there.

The mace that can drop in that quest is nice too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Wait a minute here how are you doing this? Via Cannith Crafting this would come at ML11 with Masterful Craftsmanship, is it a random lootgen item with Wondrous Craftsmanship on it or something?

Stoner81.
    You're correct on the ML. I must have misspoken on that earlier. I swap to this on that toon when I hit 11 and start wearing my GS cloak instead of the Mantle of the Worldshaper.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If you have a caster you can solo farm the tokens on EN ADQ pretty easily.
    EN Chronoscope is also easily soloed, if longer than DQ2. 50% chance at tokens I believe.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    That helm is very nice for L10. I would slot L12 auggies into it tho, which would bump of them min. level. I had to look this item up since I hand't come accross it yet. Now I know why!
    It's generally viewed as a minos legens upgrade because you can slot minos's heavy fort and toughness in the two slots and then get fear immunity for "free."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    You're correct on the ML. I must have misspoken on that earlier. I swap to this on that toon when I hit 11 and start wearing my GS cloak instead of the Mantle of the Worldshaper.
    Ah got you now it makes sense

Stoner81.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123