Update 52 Release Notes
Here are the release notes for Update 52, released on Thursday, December 9th, 2021.
Of Special Note
A new free quest is available!
A new Free to Play quest is available called Dread Sea Scrolls! Foxpaw the Gatekeeper has a plan to destroy Codex Pages once and for all - what could possibly go wrong? Encounter pirates, raptors, and even a mysterious island appearing off the Stormreach Harbor! Speak with Iris Joll inside of the Hut from Beyond in The Harbor to begin the adventure. This quest is level 6 on Heroic and level 32 on Legendary.
News and Notes:
- Diversion from Ninja Spy now adds its five Sneak Attack dice without requiring you to be using a Quarterstaff.
- The Crown of Summer from the Druid's Season' Herald tree is now: "You have a +15 Enhancement bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, a +15 Enhancement bonus to Melee Power, and a +10 Enhancement bonus to Ranged Power."
- Leap of Faith's Feather Fall duration is now 15 seconds.
- Draconic Incarnation
- Bring About Destruction now applies its 10 Universal Spell Power.
- Exalted Angel
- Abilities in Exalted Angel now allow you to move while using them.
- Exalted Angel’s Leap of Faith now recharge if you are not a Favored Soul.
- Fury of the Wild
- Unbridled Fury now allows you to be moving while it activates.
- Depths of Darkness now stacks as intended.
- The Jester of the Festivult arrives soon! This year will feature new cookies with new benefits that the Jester claims taste better and have fewer calories! We hear the Jester will arrive on December 9th.
- There are new Reaper Bonus Effects that can drop on gear while in Reaper Mode. You may also now speak to the 2nd Reaper Vendor in the Hall of Heroes to enhance your gear with Reaper Bonuses.
- Lightning Storm Runearms now display fewer light particles.
- You no longer need to unequip and re-equip Minor Artifacts and Sentient weapons when you log in to get their bonuses.
- Fixed an issue where the Temperance of Spirit benefit was being erroneously removed upon death.
- Pierce Adamantine and Pierce Cold Iron acquired from items now function.
- The Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds is now Bound to Account.
- The Epic, Legendary, and Perfected Bloodstone now have their correct icons.
- Several new augments are now available in-game: Healing Amplification, Repair Amplification, Negative Amplification, Melee Power, Ranged Power.
- The Crown of Summer item enchantment is now: "You have a +15 Enhancement Bonus to Positive Healing Amplification, a +10 Enhancement Bonus to Melee Power, and a +5 Enhancement bonus to Ranged Power."
- Several weapon effects now apply their proper visuals.
- The Armor of Celebration is now Bound to Account.
- Planar Shards are now Bound to Account.
- Eternal Flasks, Coffees, and other non-potion "Potions" can now be used while moving.
- Teleport Items (such as the Bottle of Mist from the Ravenloft Expansion Pack) are now Bound to Account.
- Upgrade Tomes of Fate are now able to be turned into Purified Eberron Dragonshards.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- The Chronoscope has reopened.
- Sleeping in Brawnpits' bed no longer spams a voice line repeatedly.
- Undead and Necromancers in the Forgotten Realms will no longer congratulate you on finding Ahraatz-ri's Treasure Hoard.
- The Gianthold Augment traders now have their correct descriptions.
- The voice lines in Let Sleeping Dust Lie are now correct.
- Enervation and Rend the Soul no longer apply through Deathward.
- Enervation now takes Metamagic feats properly.
- While a character is dead and warded from being raised their health bar icon in the party window will now display a teal skull. Once the raise ward wears off, the skull will return to its normal red visual.
- You can now swap a Minor Artifact with another Minor Artifact in the same item slot without needing to unequip one item then equip the other separately.
- Augments can now be slotted while inside dungeons.
- The Comment Field in a Public LFM entry is now saved between the automatic Public LFM listing and delisting.
- Resetting a group of enhancement trees (Reaper, Enhancements, Destinies) no longer increases the cost of resetting other groups of enhancement trees.
- Your character's percentage bonus for Maximum Hit Points is now available to view in the + tab of the Character Sheet.
- The Bravery Bonus for the Quest Difficulty UI now displays bonuses more than four digits long.
- Universal Enhancement Trees are no longer slotted as active trees by default. You may find them in the dropdown menus of your Enhancement Windows.
- There is a new UI option checkbox to hide all buffs on your character that have Infinite Duration.
- The dice UI now displays Spell Resistance Failure! all on one line instead of being cut off.
- Earning a Reaper Action Point now briefly displays visuals on your character.
- Ponytail animations have been added during dual crossbow locomotion.
- The Beckon animation (used for mounting, intimidate, and the /beckon emote) now blends with movement.
- Aasimar's beckon emote does not blend.