Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

you dev did it again now I have to reroll all my guy again. tks

rlol

Quote Originally Posted by Samera View Post
    It has just come to our attention that a high diplomacy skill DOES affect the loot given in chests. We have done extensive testing on this and we have come up with the following procedure to guarantee that you get the best possible loot every single time:

1) Equip all of your best +CHA items
    2) Circle the chest three time moving counter-clockwise.
    3) Use your Diplomacy skill
    4) Open the chest from the north-facing side of the chest.

Also, "looking for ham" may, in some cases, affect loot-gained. We still aren't sure at what point in the process you should turn on /lfh though. As soon as we know, we’ll be sure to let you know.

We apologize for the confusion on the matter and we are truly sorry that you have gotten any less than the maximum loot for the past year. Following the steps above should ensure this doesn't happen again.
    Don't forget casting bless on the chest.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Proud bearer of the WI Flag~

**I would definitely like to see things scaled back. A 38 AC being insigificant at level 14 is ridiculous.-Seneca Windforge

It works! It works!
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

Community Member Chelcio_Sargana's Avatar

It has just come to our attention that a high diplomacy skill DOES affect the loot given in chests. We have done extensive testing on this and we have come up with the following procedure to guarantee that you get the best possible loot every single time:

Also, "looking for ham" may, in some cases, affect loot-gained. We still aren't sure at what point in the process you should turn on /lfh though. As soon as we know, we’ll be sure to let you know.

We apologize for the confusion on the matter and we are truly sorry that you have gotten any less than the maximum loot for the past year. Following the steps above should ensure this doesn't happen again.

Aw man you could have posted a way better April Fools than this!

*NEW* - Fixed a bug that was causing players to deal damage.
    Adar

Sutra -- Elven Ranger 7 / Rogue 6
    Sucrose -- Drow Sorceress 10
    Coconut -- Halfling Fighter 10 / Paladin 3 / Ranger 1

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."

-------------------

Hunting these bows (RR Halfling or None):

+X Wounding Long/Shortbow of Greater XXXX Bane (Starting bid 160k PP (Longbow) / 150k PP (Shortbow) Bonuses by monster type)
    +X Cursespewing Long/Shortbow of Destruction (Starting bid 160k PP (Longbow) / 150k PP (Shortbow))

I'm so tired of being jerked around by Turbine. How many frickin' chests did I fail to get maximum returns on because they DENIED this for so long?!?

I quit. Consider this my 2 week notice. Best of luck to you all. Pfft.

Community Member

You know....I find it disturbing when Samera starts a new thread and posts a bunch of untrue things. What has this game come to?

Kwon-Wizard 20, Gibbons-Rogue 20, Czech-Paladin 20, Sutton-Bard 20, Monalisa-Sorcerer 20, Martha-Paladin 8/Rogue 9, Hobbledy-Ranger 18/Rogue 2, Jonahs-Cleric 20, Fuss-Monk 20, Staash-Fighter 20, Whapper-Favored Soul-20

Quote Originally Posted by psmith1981 View Post
    You know....I find it disturbing when Samera starts a new thread and posts a bunch of untrue things. What has this game come to?

Please tell me you are kidding. You are kidding right? This is April 1'st after all. You know....April Fool's day?

thanks for the grin - between that and the announced updated to lotro, it's been a fun day!

Talking

In the case that our best +CHA items are less than +4, is an Eagle's Splendor an acceptable substitute? In the case say a +2 or +3 item, which is better, the item or Eagle's? Finally, do odd numbers count. Eagerly awaiting further details.

Community Member

That totally makes sense! In addition, I've found that characters who have had their first name rerolled over 100,000 times get capped level loot in all chests! (Or was it 100,000,000 times?)

Ah....I believe you have this backwards Samera.

Circling counter-clockwise produces a "dispelling" effect in pagan rituals, while a clockwise pattern would produce the "summoning" effect desired for the appropriate kewl lootage. Unless the dispelling portion of the ritual is intended to work with the "looking for ham" step to get rid of any icky smoke flavoring that may remain in the ham material component. (Since we all know that "smoked ham is not real ham" around here...)

I will immediately forego levelling up any of my characters for the next month in order to devote all my time to field tests of this procedure. No, no, don't thank me: all for the greater good of an improved DDO experience.
    ~Thus we are met, in a time that is no longer a time, at a place that is no longer a place, for we are between the worlds and beyond.~

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Yay, Charisma!

Default Of course

Quote Originally Posted by Vardak View Post
    /me rolls eyes

This is compleatly silly, everyone knows all you need to do is /sleep with a chest to bypass all this nonsense.
    two characters.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

And also, to have better loot, after you done the following steps, /death when targetting the chest also gives better loot. You must refuse the rez 4 times and accept the fifth, and the rez must come by scrolls, not from spell points or rings, otherwise you will get masterwork.
    The Ashen, Riedra (now Khyber) ~ Raika halfling rog20 ~ Carolanne human brd20 ~ Coriza drow wiz20 ~ Alexandra elf rgr20 ~ Samara human ftr20 ~ Zaretta human clr20 ~ Katina elf brb20 ~ Carelle human pal20 ~ Nathalya halfling mnk20 ~ Rosanna elf fvs20 ~ Venusia halfling ftr20 ~ Kristina human sor20 ~ Nausikaa halfling rog13 ~ Carietta halfling rog1/rgr9/mnk1

I'm not sure about the LFH aspect, but I can add that coming into a quest late because RL "happened", especially to FBTG, guarantees better loot. Last week I saw a +5 dex ring and a shortsword banisher come out (the banisher was even the correct rr for said late person).

The corollary is that all the people who did the work while you were away, got items of deception, power III, or gear 6 levels lower than the effective quest level. My specific pain: "Oooh... dextrous boots and no worthless modifiers... hello +4 and or +5 stat item... +3... L7??!!! You have got to be !&#*(%@#%."

Also, let's not forget about improving your von6 raid loot by first ddooring to the front of von6 before opening the chest. The entire raid should do this to ensure the best loot. There's also something about getting hit by the Titan laser repetitively, though only Kargon knows the correct formula.
    Last edited by Gratch; 04-01-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Somewhere in Limbo just watching Slaads be Slaads

Default Jokes are made for laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Kisaragi View Post
    You guys are terrible. Making all the newbs frantic to test out this cool loot strategy
    I love it. I knew at least someone in Turbine had a good sense of humor

I like their LOTR april fools joke a little better, but this one is still pretty good.

Question though, are you sure we shouldn't be flanking the chest?
    Cutedge
    Stormreach's worst Cleric

Company of the Phoenix

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEagle View Post
    Please tell me you are kidding. You are kidding right? This is April 1'st after all. You know....April Fool's day?
    Yea, I realized that shortly after I posted. See how easy I am to fool .

Kwon-Wizard 20, Gibbons-Rogue 20, Czech-Paladin 20, Sutton-Bard 20, Monalisa-Sorcerer 20, Martha-Paladin 8/Rogue 9, Hobbledy-Ranger 18/Rogue 2, Jonahs-Cleric 20, Fuss-Monk 20, Staash-Fighter 20, Whapper-Favored Soul-20

HAHAHAHAHAHA......
    R.I.P. Xoriat 8/2/07 ______________[]Ninja Posts:726.5 bunninja is watching
    Information from devs ______________Member of Cupcake's Muskateers!____
    /wearing a Jiffy Pop pan tinfoil hat made by shecky

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisaragi View Post
    You owe me a katana for this...
    Does it really matter *why* they owe us a katana? <. .> My thoughts are "Gimme!" <,<

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast