Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTRYDER View Post
    i can kind of (not really) understand why people have a problem with LFM's for trading items...but what can it possibly hurt for someone to put something like "trading +1 cha tome for +1 str tome" in their little personal space in the WHO tab?
    Although it is still against the rules, I really don't care if they do that.

But I believe that most people don't do that anyway simply because it's not a widely seen advertising medium like LFM is.

Most everyone sees LFM's. Most everyone do not see LFG's. That's why people abuse LFM's for WTT/WTB'/WTS.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post

But I believe that most people don't do that anyway simply because it's not a widely seen advertising medium like LFM is.

Most everyone sees LFM's. Most everyone do not see LFG's. That's why people abuse LFM's for WTT/WTB'/WTS.
    well they are certainly "banning" the use of the who tab for such purposes as well..which seems a little ridiculous, if this was allowed that would allow people who ARE interested in seeking trades, to simply browse through the who panel to see if there's anything of interest to them listed, or if someone is looking for something that I have and am willing to trade, but wouldnt force anyone to have to "filter" through anything to find group members or groups to join like people claim the trading LFM's do...there is already an empty box below everyone's name, what would it hurt to put such comments there devs?

Default Perhaps because...

... the plat farmer avoid the cost of selling items which gives them more plat to sell for real dollars later. :/

Forcing them, and us, to use the AH, and Forums ensures that either trades happen slower and eventually plat gets pulled from the economy.
    from here to there
    from there to here
    funny things are everywhere

http://www.theblackcompanyonline.com

Community Member Balthazar_No_Oni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercules View Post
    Trade channels, from my experience in other games, become global spam channels.

"WTT +4 Vorp LS - >+3 Vorp BA"
    "Buy Plat a @#$$%bay.com. New accounts get 5kPlat free with purchase!"
    "**** N3wb no1 want ta trade yur lowbie @$@#%"

So on and so forth.
    Q-F-T squared

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    and yet not a single dev will stand up and say why they are adamant about not wanting to add in a global chat channel (optional of course).
    Is it not Obvious???

THe Devs want us to use the Auction House...... Thats were the Money Pit is....

There is no way for the Devs to Control trade outside of the game.. But they have provided us with a somewhat functional in-game sales tool..... The Auction House...

Trading does not take money out of the game..... ANd WIth so few Money Sinks inthe game as it sits, Idont see us getting a Trade board until we have Crafting and Housing.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Advertising for trades is against the rules in your Bio Tab? Hmmm...... I put tradeablesin that tab all the time... Never been asked to remove them....

SOmeone looking at your Bio had to initate the look..... as long as I dont have anything offensive in there, I dont see the problem.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

The problem is they would be giving you a method to circumvent the AH and it's Stormreach Excise Tax of 30%.

I do think the following would be interesting:

Have an extra tab on the auction house window called Trading.

A "seller" can put items up on the trading window just like any other auction, for a fee of perhaps 10%. The auction can be marked public or private.

The "buyers" would be able to browse the items using the same crappy AH interface, and place a "bid" for the item that includes items or plat. The bid would take the items and plat immediately, and would have a time limit (8 hours, 1 day, 2 day, 3 day).

The "seller" can then see on the trading window what items have been bid for his item and can choose to accept, reject or let them expire. Accepting a bid transfers the items through the mail the same way AH does it

Same as AH, no names would be shown, and outstanding bids would be visible if the auction was public, otherwise you would only see your own bid.

Perhaps any plat bid will get 30% deducted before going to the "seller" for the Stormreach Children's Charity if it exceeds the 10% posting fee.
    I rather like this idea, and it is well thought out. Should be easily implimented too, I would think.
    SARLONA roleplayer

Dedicated Teams Guild | Ivress | Rishkin

The Forsworn | Annihilator

Community Member

"but what can it possibly hurt for someone to put something like "trading +1 cha tome for +1 str tome" in their little personal space in the WHO tab?"

"Advertising for trades is against the rules in your Bio Tab?"

They are not talking about the bio tab, they are talking about the notes you put in when you're LFG....and shown in the LFG/WHO window.
    Last edited by Raath; 03-22-2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Exodus

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

i put offers in my space on the "who comments" all the time with a special item to offer.... when i am looking for groups people can see it ....is this the end of the world and a violation?

Community Member

Honestly, this is pointless. Give me a place in-game to trade items, and maybe then you'll see those people trading items gone from the LFM. It hinders people gaming experience in no way, whatsoever.

Seems to me that the devs are either too lazy to implement this, or would rather ban everybody than lift a finger to make trades easier.

Marketplace forums are worthless.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

if they dont want items to be traded..make them bind..and then once you sell it to a vendor or it goes through a full transaction at Auction House it rebinds to the new player...that will stop all trades and passing down of items to new characters

Default Trader Tab

In the social panel why not add a live trader list. If people are doing it, doesn't that represent a need. Shoot, sometimes I look in the LFM groupings to see who's selling high end weaps.
    I am Drev.
    Stormbringer
    Mortal Voyage
    TheCore (Kyber)

Angry Banned

I posted A trade in the LFM and was not notified this was a problem and was just banned. I have seen people do this and didn't know it was forbidden. It would have been nice if the DM would have said something to me instead of banning me. What is their problem! Could I please play again?
    Last edited by zelindale; 04-23-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zelindale View Post
    I posted A trade in the LFM and was not notified this was a problem and was just banned. I have seen people do this and didn't know it was forbidden. It would have been nice if the DM whould have said something to me instead of banning me. What is there problem! Could I please play again?
    I would be quite surprised if you got no notice to take down your LFM before getting banned.

Perhaps you missed it so the GM thought you were blowing him off and had no choice but to ban you for not following a GMs instructions.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Default ?

I was watching very closely due to the telling with peaple over the trade.

I would be quite surprised if you got no notice to take down your LFM before getting banned.

Perhaps you missed it so the GM thought you were blowing him off and had no choice but to ban you for not following a GMs instructions.
    Why can't we ban GM's who don't answer help requests for 4.5 hours?

Just throwing that out there.

Default If it were plat farmers, would it still be alright?

I bet if the plat farmers sold stuff in the LFM most people that don't see a problem with this would change there minds. When a plat farmer sends you those tells or in-game mails does it hurt you? There may be a "pro spam mail/tells" forum somewhere, but for the most part it seems that people don't like it.

Does selling things in the LFM or LFG hurt anyone, no. Does it annoy a lot of people, yes. As stated earlier, imagine if everyone did it. That's the whole point, everyone would do it if it wasn't against the game rules. What would be the point of the LFM?

I don't like getting spam tells/mail or seeing the garbage people are selling on the LFM. Once just to be stupid I put up a LFM "trading my +1 spot goggles/rr halfling for your +1 search goggles/rr dwarf"

I have to say, it would be nice if there was an in-game trading post. Don't even have to add a trade tab or anything of that nature, just a building where people can talk. You know, something like a tavern.....where people could hang out and trade stuff. Perhaps a bizaar/tent like structure where people could meet in the town center and trade. Everyone would know where to go to trade. Just another thought.
    Last edited by UriahHeep; 06-12-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Community Member

To be honest I am irritated by the LFM trades. I would like a Trading Post to be set up.

After playing MapleStory I realize just how large the "Plat Spammer" community is. I also realize it is comprised mainly of foreigners trying to circumvent their country's taxes, or those that can't find jobs in their areas. They do it to stay alive. They will never stop.

Essentially, let's stop exchanging liberty for security and set up measures to help the gamers exchange goods. The plat sellers will just keep doing what they do.

Community Member

Also, the LFM works GREAT. The LFG could work better, but I can't think of how atm. The only way it would work better would be to reinstate the class level numbers again.

I would like a Stat Sheet available for the LFG though, simply select and Examine to see stats(base, modified, etc), Skills, and Equipment. On the side a tab with "I am bringing this with me" with a Total Account Hours Logged display(stored client-side), to indicate just how experienced the player is. This way we can grab a newbie to run with if we want, or decline a person we expected to be of great help because they are unprepared, or better yet log to an alt to grab the cleric with 6 hours of playtime logged(new account!) some wands so we don't get beaten up when he/she runs out of mana. This way, we can also pick a newbie to dote on with our lowbie gear we won't use for a good while(easily replaceable).

I know, counterpoint. LFG Newbies aren't exactly appealing, and there are elitists in the game who will refuse a person for not having a +5 Holy Burst Righteous Maul of Superior Undead Bane with a Minimum Level of 6(an exaggerated example). I would, however, like the true main player base of this game: Casual Gamers, the opportunity of not going into a quest underprepared or with a Fighter designed to pick locks and use bows(no offense) when all you need is a meatshield aggrograbber.

Default The Rule is.

That has allways been the rule for as long as I can remember, back in Riedra I tried posting an item on LFM and was told to get my add down! the server wide channel your talking about is here in the forums and in the AH,what more do you want.I dont think that is so important as to get a channel to talk about itmes 4trade/sale.Turbine has allot more important things to be thinking about in terms of producing a good game for us to enjoy.
    Dirtyone/Fighter/Pali/Monk Completionist Apache/Favored Soul TR VIIApachekid/Ranger/Fighter 32PtCap.Truegod/FavoredSoul/Wiz/Monk TR VIII Powwow/FighterTRVIII Indio/Pali 32Pt Cap. Tuko/Barb 32Pt Cap. Redhook/Bard/LR 32Pt Cap. Guiseppi/Ranger 32Pt Cap. Shortyrock/Rogue/Rangers/Barb 32Pt Cap. DirtyHo/Monk TR VI Dirtyblade/Pali TR V
    VIP/2006 Brooklyn N.Y.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast