Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Customer Service Supervisor Kosmo's Avatar

Default LFG and LFM comment areas

This is a friendly reminder to players regarding LFG and LFM:

Please do not add buy, sell, or trade messages in the LFG and LFM comment areas. They directly impact players who are trying to use the LFG and LFM areas for their intended purpose: LOOKING FOR GROUP and LOOKING FOR MORE messages.

You can post buy/sell/trade messages on the appropriate server Marketplace threads found under the Servers sub-forum. You can also join one of the user created chat channels to trade; check with your local server-mates for the popular trade channels. Of course, you can use the Auction House to actively seek nifty loot, or sell that prized Tasty Ham you might still have in your backpack.

GMs will ask you to remove LFG and LFM messages not consistent with their intended use, and continued misuse of the LFG and LFM areas will be considered violations of the Code of Conduct.

Thank you everyone!

sure would be great to have a server wide marketplace channel IN GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    You mean the auction house?
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    You mean the auction house?
    No, I mean a channel for people to discuss it in, that people can choose to be in or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post

Please do not add buy, sell, or trade messages in the LFG and LFM comment areas. They directly impact players who are trying to use the LFG and LFM areas for their intended purpose: LOOKING FOR GROUP and LOOKING FOR MORE messages.

You can post buy/sell/trade messages on the appropriate server Marketplace threads found under the Servers sub-forum. Of course, you can use the Auction House to actively seek nifty loot, or sell that prized Tasty Ham you might still have in your backpack.

GMs will ask you to remove LFG and LFM messages not consistent with their intended use, and continued misuse of the LFG and LFM areas will be considered violations of the Code of Conduct.

Thank you everyone!
    Nice to have "Clarification" but this should have been up about 7 months ago.

I have suggested this idea well over 20 times. Each with great input. There has been no confirmation by any developers that this is within development.

They directly impact players who are trying to use the LFG and LFM areas for their intended purpose:
    I don't understand what the impact is on players looking for a group, please explain.
    Unbreakable

Bloodburn- 14 Sorceror
    Alisandra- 14 Fighter
    Kholrielle- 12 Cleric
    Finch- 8/2 Rogue/Paladin
    Cali- 5 Bard

"Okay, so the scariest environment imaginable. Thanks. That's all you gotta say, scariest environment imaginable."

Quote Originally Posted by Amaras View Post
    Nice to have "Clarification" but this should have been up about 7 months ago.
    It's been against the rules for less than 5 months, and has been discussed to death since then.

Here for instance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    You can not trade items in the Social panel. If you violate this, action may be taken against your account. Warnings will be issued as we do not want to ban players for this, but if a player continues to break the rules we will ban the account.

Whether you agree or disagree with the rule is irrelevant, you still must abide by it. LFM is intended for players that are trying to form groups, not for players trying to trade items. You can use the forums to trade items, you can not use the Social panel.
    Code:

and yet not a single dev will stand up and say why they are adamant about not wanting to add in a global chat channel (optional of course).

and yet not a single dev will stand up and say why they are adamant about not wanting to add in a global chat channel (optional of course).
    They're too busy putting out new content and nerfing us to worry about such mundane things as chat.

After all, don't you like the "fix" they put in for the "cannot enter x chat channel" bug? Rather than fixing it, lets just enter the channel twice.
    Code:

I don't see what the big deal about this is... I could less if people put posts about what they have to trade or went to trade for in the LFM board ..... I mean if that bugs you that people do that you should get a grip...how does that affect your enjoyment of the game...... now someone will flame on that it against the rules... I know this ...the rule is stupid.. again how does this harm or make the game not fun for someone????...btw I don;t trade in game via this method...and have never posted my own looking for or wtt .... but it doesn;t bug me that others do
    In Game- Hsc, Malcis, ESD, Narsfilth, Nashnarlar, Axeslar, Darksilence, Nullnvoid, Norvex, Takanobu, Warzerk, Harshnarlar, Antibio, Zintarnarlar, Zorest, Axenroses and Intherear Originally Posted by kaidendager "I find a larger flaw with gathering data from dissatisfied customers and forcing proposed changes on a satisfied player base"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywade View Post
    I don't see what the big deal about this is... I could less if people put posts about what they have to trade or went to trade for in the LFM board ..... I mean if that bugs you that people do that you should get a grip...how does that affect your enjoyment of the game...... now someone will flame on that it against the rules... I know this ...the rule is stupid.. again how does this harm or make the game not fun for someone????...btw I don;t trade in game via this method...and have never posted my own looking for or wtt .... but it doesn;t bug me that others do
    OK then, lets open it up and let everyone do it.

ALL 300-500 or however many of us logged on at once will put up a couple of our items for trade.

Then lets see if you still think it's no big deal.
    Code:

You can post buy/sell/trade messages on the appropriate server Marketplace threads found under the Servers sub-forum. Of course, you can use the Auction House to actively seek nifty loot, or sell that prized Tasty Ham you might still have in your backpack.

Thank you everyone!
    You can't be serieous(sic), It "directley impacts players lfg/lfm"? Make a Trade window if you don't want people using it. please?
    M.A.C. The only way to go!
    In honor of General Dane McArdy:
    FOR PUDDING!

Quote Originally Posted by woodspider View Post
    You can't be serieous(sic), It "directley impacts players lfg/lfm"? Make a Trade window if you don't want people using it. please?
    Dont let logic cloud this discussion.

Comon Turbine give us a world trade channel or a similar akak LFG/LFM board in game to help us trade.
    Hunter Dredian Moonshadow Lvl 16.4 Ranger
    Vorpax 2Hander DPS Lvl 16.4 Barbarian
    Anarchic, Prince of Chaos, DW expert Lvl 14.1 Barbarian

The Free Companions on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Fura View Post
    Comon Turbine give us a world trade channel or a similar akak LFG/LFM board in game to help us trade.
    The problem is they would be giving you a method to circumvent the AH and it's Stormreach Excise Tax of 30%.

I do think the following would be interesting:

Have an extra tab on the auction house window called Trading.

A "seller" can put items up on the trading window just like any other auction, for a fee of perhaps 10%. The auction can be marked public or private.

The "buyers" would be able to browse the items using the same crappy AH interface, and place a "bid" for the item that includes items or plat. The bid would take the items and plat immediately, and would have a time limit (8 hours, 1 day, 2 day, 3 day).

The "seller" can then see on the trading window what items have been bid for his item and can choose to accept, reject or let them expire. Accepting a bid transfers the items through the mail the same way AH does it

Same as AH, no names would be shown, and outstanding bids would be visible if the auction was public, otherwise you would only see your own bid.

Perhaps any plat bid will get 30% deducted before going to the "seller" for the Stormreach Children's Charity if it exceeds the 10% posting fee.
    Code:

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    The problem is they would be giving you a method to circumvent the AH and it's Stormreach Excise Tax of 30%.

I do think the following would be interesting:

Have an extra tab on the auction house window called Trading.

A "seller" can put items up on the trading window just like any other auction, for a fee of perhaps 10%. The auction can be marked public or private.

The "buyers" would be able to browse the items using the same crappy AH interface, and place a "bid" for the item that includes items or plat. The bid would take the items and plat immediately, and would have a time limit (8 hours, 1 day, 2 day, 3 day).

The "seller" can then see on the trading window what items have been bid for his item and can choose to accept, reject or let them expire. Accepting a bid transfers the items through the mail the same way AH does it

Same as AH, no names would be shown, and outstanding bids would be visible if the auction was public, otherwise you would only see your own bid.

Perhaps any plat bid will get 30% deducted before going to the "seller" for the Stormreach Children's Charity if it exceeds the 10% posting fee.
    How about a trade chanel just like the lfm tab instead.
    M.A.C. The only way to go!
    In honor of General Dane McArdy:
    FOR PUDDING!

Yes it does directly impact me looking for LFM. I look at 6 possible groups I am eligible for, 1 is from someone who obviously hasn't set the specifics yet, 3 I can join and 2 that are LFM trades. I still have to scan through the trade LFMs to get to the actual LFMs. That is a direct impact on my looking for a group. Is it a huge impact, no, but it is a direct one.

If you don't like the way Turbine provides to trade your equipment you know where the cancel account button is. Can I have your stuff? You know, so I can put it on the AH or advertise on the server forums for trades.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

Trade channels, from my experience in other games, become global spam channels.

"WTT +4 Vorp LS - >+3 Vorp BA"
    "Buy Plat a @#$$%bay.com. New accounts get 5kPlat free with purchase!"
    "**** N3wb no1 want ta trade yur lowbie @$@#%"

So on and so forth.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but as I said in the first line above "The problem is they would be giving you a method to circumvent the AH and it's Stormreach Excise Tax of 30%.".

You have to remember that the primary function of the AH from Turbine's point of view is not to buy and sell stuff between players, it's to take plat out of the economy.
    Code:

Default ok

i can kind of (not really) understand why people have a problem with LFM's for trading items...but what can it possibly hurt for someone to put something like "trading +1 cha tome for +1 str tome" in their little personal space in the WHO tab? and how does that effect ANYONE who is looking for members or groups?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast