Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Lfg,lfm

Does this the WHO menu in the social panel?

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Quote Originally Posted by Badbill View Post
    Does this the WHO menu in the social panel?
    Looking For Group (LFG) & Looking For More (LFM) are in the grouping section of the social panel.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    This is a friendly reminder to players regarding LFG and LFM:

Please do not add buy, sell, or trade messages in the LFG and LFM comment areas. They directly impact players who are trying to use the LFG and LFM areas for their intended purpose: LOOKING FOR GROUP and LOOKING FOR MORE messages.

You can post buy/sell/trade messages on the appropriate server Marketplace threads found under the Servers sub-forum. You can also join one of the user created chat channels to trade; check with your local server-mates for the popular trade channels. Of course, you can use the Auction House to actively seek nifty loot, or sell that prized Tasty Ham you might still have in your backpack.

GMs will ask you to remove LFG and LFM messages not consistent with their intended use, and continued misuse of the LFG and LFM areas will be considered violations of the Code of Conduct.

Thank you everyone!
    as stated above LFM stands for looking for MORE players does that apply to guild LOOKING FOR MORE members? i've got a gm threatened me today over that.

Community Member

Default Guild recruitment gets you banned on LFM

Really can't understand that the cod of conduct says nothing about posting guild recruitments on LFM, but they ban you for looking for other players; is the grouping not for better fourming of parties and guildies alike, furthermore they give no warrnings to being banned as the emails say " repeatedly told not to do so". Selling prodcuts on LFM i can understand but to recruit, come on!

You do realize this thread is 3 years old right?

And as far as guild recruiting in LFM's, it's not permitted. That's why a GM sent you a message. If your guild was half decent people would want to join it anyways, so no reason to advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post

And as far as guild recruiting in LFM's, it's not permitted. That's why a GM sent you a message. If your guild was half decent people would want to join it anyways, so no reason to advertise.
    You know, it may be three years old, and while I'd been told usign the /lfm window to guild recruit or sell was against the rules. I don't know that I'd ever seen the dev quote before.
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post

the gm gave me link to this page and please tell me which part of this thread says Looking For More members is against the rule? if he cannot provide me with anything that can back up his statement what is there to argue? obviously somebody is not understanding their own statements/agreements.

Looking For More (party members), stop trying to assume it's anything more than that.

If you want clarification, send in an email to Turbine.

LFM (Looking For More) is under the GROUPING tab, not the GUILD tab. If it was meant to be a guild recruiting tool there would be a LFGM (Looking For Guild Members) tab.

Perhaps it's time for the Devs/GMs to update the statement on page 1 of this thread to include that.

As was stated, the GROUPING tab is intended for groups to find more players for their current quest(s). The WHO tab is to show who is online AND who is LFG (Looking For Group). They were NOT intended to be used as guild recruiting billboards or trading (there is a seperate chat channel for that now).

Maybe.....just maybe....the Devs could put in a Guild Recruiting Chat Channel similar to the Trade/Advice Channels. Call it the Recruiting channel.
    The Misfit Toys
    Nerate, Tarene, Lupina, Satina, Throckmorton, Dramain, Yarka, Unka, Cryptstalker, Scurd, Steadyhanded, Zonaari

Armor Dye Kits?

Default New Social Tab

Yeah, I read earlier about having a trading post. That would be cool, I wouldn't really use it but a bunch of my friends would. Trading Large Shroud items for stuff they need to craft with. Barter system baby!!!

I've been hit with the rules myself on LFG/LFM Tab. I saw some people set up some post looking to recruit for their guilds. I thought that was a great idea. So I did it myself and got 10 new members in two days. On the third day a GM sent an ADMIN tell and said that was a No No. I really didn't know it was against the rules. I really don't read the small print. I just play for the enjoyment. I know know and don't do it anymore. I think a Guild Recruitment Tab be set up. Limit it to just Guild Leaders (So it doesn't get flooded).

But to get back on the matter at had, a trading post in each house would be great and could be fun for crafters.

In my server theres a certain guild that uses the LFM for showmanship. They have the 12 spots filled by guild members and just stay there polutting the social panel.

My questions:

- They are not using the LFM system for the intended purpose. Are they breaking the code of conduct?

- If they are to be reported, how do I report them? I tryed to use the in game report system for harassment, but that did no avail, as well it might not be the appropriate tool. What do I do?

It is inconvenient and somewhat annoying to see LFMs posted by people trying to sell their stuff or get new members for their guilds. When I open the LFM window, I'm searching for groups I could join, and not anything else. Having to scroll down a long party list with 5 actual questing / raiding groups and 10 sellers / buyers / guild recruiters is not something I find acceptable. Use the trade channel, the AH, or the forums. If you're not using the LFM window for the purpose of finding party members, you're spamming. As simple as that.

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Quote Originally Posted by joaofalcao View Post
    In my server theres a certain guild that uses the LFM for showmanship. They have the 12 spots filled by guild members and just stay there polutting the social panel.

My questions:

- They are not using the LFM system for the intended purpose. Are they breaking the code of conduct?

- If they are to be reported, how do I report them? I tryed to use the in game report system for harassment, but that did no avail, as well it might not be the appropriate tool. What do I do?
    If there are 12 people (or even 6) in the group and the LFM is still up it is bugged and not their fault. LFM's automatically come down when the group is full but occasionally bug out and stay up.

Unguilded of Orien

Community Member

GMs will ask you to remove LFG and LFM messages not consistent with their intended use, and continued misuse of the LFG and LFM areas will be considered violations of the Code of Conduct.

Thank you everyone!
    So this is what GM's are for.

I always wondered why Turbine had them. To Police the LFM's. They generally dont do anything else...

_
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    If there are 12 people (or even 6) in the group and the LFM is still up it is bugged and not their fault. LFM's automatically come down when the group is full but occasionally bug out and stay up.
    2 Weeks straight of bugged up LFMs?

Its not the case. Theyre showing off. I am positive of it.

So, can anyone point me out a report tool for this?

Quote Originally Posted by joaofalcao View Post
    2 Weeks straight of bugged up LFMs?

Its not the case. Theyre showing off. I am positive of it.

So, can anyone point me out a report tool for this?
    OK, I am curous how this constitues showing off? "Look at me, I have 11 friends!!!"

Do you mean it was up straight for 2 weeks wthout a break? I would find a bug easier to believe then 12 players staying logged in for 2 weeks straight.

Unguilded of Orien

OK, I am curous how this constitues showing off? "Look at me, I have 11 friends!!!"
    Exactly. And "We are doing quest X on Epic/Elite/Zuber".

See, I am not old scrooge that hates when people are happy. You done something and wanna celebrate? Cheer up, why not.

But everyday showing off? Its a disrespect to the community that uses the LFM. Imagine if everyone did that sort of thing? LFM crowded with non-questing calls... We wouldnt be able to use the social panel. =/

They might bug out occasionally, but you can also put your LFM back up after it fills (unless they 'fixed' this recently). I do this occasionally when I am leading PUGs so that I can see at a glance what house everyone is in as they make their way to the quest entrance. There have been times I've forgotten to take it down.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Default I agree

This is a friendly reminder to players regarding LFG and LFM:

Please do not add buy, sell, or trade messages in the LFG and LFM comment areas. They directly impact players who are trying to use the LFG and LFM areas for their intended purpose: LOOKING FOR GROUP and LOOKING FOR MORE messages.

You can post buy/sell/trade messages on the appropriate server Marketplace threads found under the Servers sub-forum. You can also join one of the user created chat channels to trade; check with your local server-mates for the popular trade channels. Of course, you can use the Auction House to actively seek nifty loot, or sell that prized Tasty Ham you might still have in your backpack.

Thank you everyone!

I totally Agree and i have never used the lfm for those purposes but sense you brought it up it would be nice for there to be another tab for Trading purposes the trade channel doesnt seem to be used that much and the Auction house takes a HUGe cut makes it almost not worth using.

Default In Game Support - Worthless!

Why would I say this? I have been playing this game Since 2006. This is the FIRST post I have ever made and I am really upset with INGAME (worthless) Support! Here is why. Today (23 Jan 2013 1230 am EST) Greatrenown on the Argo server has had an LFM up for 3,242 mins active! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? The better question is why has DDO In Game support not done ANYTHING about it? I have submit trouble tickets.

ID#2836263 Status: Closed Updated: 01/21/13 08:25 PM

Description:
    As per the Social panel Greatrenown has had an LFM up for 1,491 mins! How is this Possible and why cann you all not fix the empty group postings? Please have a GM fix these issues today.

History:
    01/21/13 08:25
    The issue you have described is not an issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php? to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.
    +Ogdred+

~So I have an in game problem that an in game GM can not fix! WORTHLESS! I think the real issue is that some people just don't like doing their job! Either way, it doesn't matter what I think. You all need to hire people to actually fix in game issues such as this. But while we are at it, when are you going to follow through with the blank LFM's? You know, instead of fixing the minor issues that you all have as your agenda try fixing some of the issues players really have issues with!

Minatos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast