Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wizard King

Default Wizard King

There's a secret door halfway up to one of the named bosses in the Wizard King. Every time i have opened up this door, there has been a mob behind the door. I was told that there is sometimes a chest behind the door. Is this true? I have never seen a chest behind the door at all.

Malachii - Completionist/Farenon/Watery Tart/Sparty Rules/Escalade/Pigguts/Mothra

Community Member

Yes there is a chest behind the door occasionally.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Never seen the chest either, but I haven't run it so often (only like 4-5 times).

Have had a chest 2 times out of the 20 or so times I've run it.

Backspace while standing near the door. If 'Chest' comes up, there is a chest in there (about 25% of the time in my experience). If nothing comes up, there is a mob.

Is the Loot in that chest usually better.....? Or is it the same as all the rest?

edit: And thanks for the responses!

Malachii - Completionist/Farenon/Watery Tart/Sparty Rules/Escalade/Pigguts/Mothra

There is no effort. If there is a chest, there is no mob. If there is a mob, there is no chest.

Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar
    in the dark...cold...UnderWater places...

Sneak and look for red footsteps...
    red means undead...
    none means loot pulling fun!
    not better, just more...and less likely to be ransacked!
    Rogues:Sheillea & Sheilleah Noonscense, Yarrelle Clerics: Juin Muddawber Bards: Sequestria Isolatine & Gheorghe Zamfir Ranger: Eloah Farfletcher Fighters: Yvonniva, Ocksocks & Goodgame The Improper Sorceress: Blastrine Meanase Barbarians: Espresso Breve & Mkthirtyfour, Boomshakalak Wizards: Clairity of Merk & Misstickle Fingersofdeath

Spot the door first, then backspace.

if no chest the mob is usually a mummy avenger or a clay golem
    If you want to know why...

To use backspace on the door to see what is behind it, you must find the door first. Detect secret doors, face the door, then use back space. If the chest appears in your target window there is a chest. If nothing shows up, there is a mob to kill. (don't open and move on)
    Ooglys Pet WF 18Wiz/2Rogue, Oogli 18 Bard/2Fighter, Ooog Ly 12 fighter/6 Ranger/2 Monk, Ogly 20th Cleric, Oogly 20th Rogue, Ooogly 20th Paladin, Oooogly 20th Fighter , Gallion 20th Sorcerer

Default Re:

You don't actually have to ever detect the secret door to backspace on the chest. And our regular group liked getting that chest- 2 vorpals and a smiter came from there over the +1 weekend.

We are one of the groups that seemed to spend every waking hour in the wretched place over lootapalooza.

700+ damage firewalls, a pally with a smiter and distruptor and a couple ancestor rings we learned you could duo Elite fairly easily.

Ya, the chest is random. I "think" if you have found a random chest in one of the "lore" rooms then it won't be in there (aka there is only one random chest in the dungeon it just varries in location). The lore rooms seem to be the other location it shows up. I just open the secret door, its only one monsters so its not a problem.

BTW: Biggest tip I've had for WK is keep greater heroism on if you can. Not only does it help with fighting and saves but it adds fear immunity so no dispair. This can save you all kinds of trouble. Also, don't fight stuff you don't need too, especialy those irritating archers. If you want to go quickly you can dodg most of the traps with practice and a jump spell, but I like disarming traps personaly as they are kind of fun.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

You can get more than 1 random chest here i've gotten up to 4
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

3 chests in the treasure room, 1 for raiyum, 3 for the djinni/efreeti, 3 possible randoms in the rooms with the stone tablet, 3 possible randoms on the steps, 1 possible random in the secret room. total = 7 - 14 chests
    If you want to know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Galanodel View Post
    Backspace while standing near the door. If 'Chest' comes up, there is a chest in there (about 25% of the time in my experience). If nothing comes up, there is a mob.
    QFT
    Backspace is your friend.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    3 chests in the treasure room, 1 for raiyum, 3 for the djinni/efreeti, 3 possible randoms in the rooms with the stone tablet, 3 possible randoms on the steps, 1 possible random in the secret room. total = 7 - 14 chests
    This is correct. My group ended up with 12l of the possible chests last night. No chest is more special than the others accept (always that acception) the 3 in the treasure room where you can pull named items out of.

One thing to note. If there is the stairwell chest, there will be an arcane as well.

Community Member ChildrenofBodom's Avatar

my guild leader pulled a vorpal falchion out that chest :-D but its no better then the others, they are all the same, sometimes i think that the raiyum chest is the worst lol, but its not true, i have just never seen anyone lucky enough to pull something out of it, and the update for mod 4 reavers bane is taking a very long time lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    700+ damage firewalls, a pally with a smiter and distruptor and a couple ancestor rings we learned you could duo Elite fairly easily.
    Yep, that was alot of fun, eh? A little tricky shield-blocking (or NOT shield-blocking) the Djinni, but fun the whole time, everytime.

BTW, crazy fireworks show, I have yet to see duplicated, my friend...nice.

I was quite surprised that you didn't burn the whole place to the ground!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Combat): You hit Drow Necromancer with Fear.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled a +2 para bow out of the chest behind raiyum....I thought that was pretty good(first loot weekend)
    In Game- Hsc, Malcis, ESD, Narsfilth, Nashnarlar, Axeslar, Darksilence, Nullnvoid, Norvex, Takanobu, Warzerk, Harshnarlar, Antibio, Zintarnarlar, Zorest, Axenroses and Intherear Originally Posted by kaidendager "I find a larger flaw with gathering data from dissatisfied customers and forcing proposed changes on a satisfied player base"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast