Thread: Wizard King

Hybrid View

Default Wizard King

There's a secret door halfway up to one of the named bosses in the Wizard King. Every time i have opened up this door, there has been a mob behind the door. I was told that there is sometimes a chest behind the door. Is this true? I have never seen a chest behind the door at all.

Malachii - Completionist/Farenon/Watery Tart/Sparty Rules/Escalade/Pigguts/Mothra

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Never seen the chest either, but I haven't run it so often (only like 4-5 times).

Community Member

Yes there is a chest behind the door occasionally.

Have had a chest 2 times out of the 20 or so times I've run it.

Backspace while standing near the door. If 'Chest' comes up, there is a chest in there (about 25% of the time in my experience). If nothing comes up, there is a mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Galanodel View Post
    Backspace while standing near the door. If 'Chest' comes up, there is a chest in there (about 25% of the time in my experience). If nothing comes up, there is a mob.
    QFT
    Backspace is your friend.

Is the Loot in that chest usually better.....? Or is it the same as all the rest?

edit: And thanks for the responses!

Malachii - Completionist/Farenon/Watery Tart/Sparty Rules/Escalade/Pigguts/Mothra

There is no effort. If there is a chest, there is no mob. If there is a mob, there is no chest.

Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar
    in the dark...cold...UnderWater places...

Sneak and look for red footsteps...
    red means undead...
    none means loot pulling fun!
    not better, just more...and less likely to be ransacked!
    Rogues:Sheillea & Sheilleah Noonscense, Yarrelle Clerics: Juin Muddawber Bards: Sequestria Isolatine & Gheorghe Zamfir Ranger: Eloah Farfletcher Fighters: Yvonniva, Ocksocks & Goodgame The Improper Sorceress: Blastrine Meanase Barbarians: Espresso Breve & Mkthirtyfour, Boomshakalak Wizards: Clairity of Merk & Misstickle Fingersofdeath

Default Chest

Quote Originally Posted by sparty55 View Post
    There's a secret door halfway up to one of the named bosses in the Wizard King. Every time i have opened up this door, there has been a mob behind the door. I was told that there is sometimes a chest behind the door. Is this true? I have never seen a chest behind the door at all.
    You can backspace the door and look for chest. If no chest, dont open. If you open i have seen a mummy prince and a clay golem.

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    Ya, the chest is random. I "think" if you have found a random chest in one of the "lore" rooms then it won't be in there (aka there is only one random chest in the dungeon it just varries in location). The lore rooms seem to be the other location it shows up. I just open the secret door, its only one monsters so its not a problem.
    I have seen a chest in alot of random spots. Over the +1 weekend we had, about, 13 chest including 3 at bottom and 3 at genies.
    Last edited by Kamboe; 04-13-2007 at 12:22 PM.
    THE Hand of the Black Tower Member
    Kamboe ~ 16.9 Drow Sorc 35 Cha 2195 Sp [=+=] Inflict ~ 16.9 Dwarf Cleric 418 Hp 1535 Mana
    Camboe ~ 16.9 Bard/Fighter 32 Str [=+=] Minimum ~ 16.9 Halfling Ftr 384 Hp