Thread: Sirocco

Default Sirocco

I pulled one of these from the wiz king and the description of it's attributes looks interesting. Looking for someone who uses/used one to comment on it's effectiveness and if in fact it is a nice weapon to have.

Thelanis: Rogosh, Dhragkar, Dhrakian, Meridion, Maherellen.

Its broke.. Doesnt do a thing.. You should mail it immediately to my Cleric so he can Purify it and attemt to fix it for ya.

Seriously though.... Its a great weapon.... THe Blindness works perfectly, the Telekenenesis doesnt work very often....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.

Community Member

what he said. The blindness is very nice to have, the trip is a bonus. It's a sweet weapon to use if you have another fighter type in your party. Not so good if your'e the only fighter in a group full of ranged types.
    Roenyn 14 ranger, Thelanis
    Stompage 11ftr/3pal, Thelanis
    Roenan 12 ranger, Thelanis (retired )

Community Member

I pulled one from same run and handed it down to my lower level fighter ... went ahead and invested heavily in improvements to her slashing weapon attacks right before hand

I must say, I love it. The blindness does seem to be making a difference in runs, and I'm quite frequently able to knock various mobs on their bums (casters in particular). It's very nice to be able to walk into a pack of mobs who aren't crowd controlled yet, or resisted the attempt at crowd control, do a whirlwind attack, and blind about 4 outta 5 in one fell swoop.

I really enjoy the fact that it also works against undead. A blind mummy is a lil more dealable and if you have any sneak attackers, this weapon only gets better I'm sure!
    Thank you all!
    INTRODUCING: Thelanis Thursdays (Sarlona Sundays now up and running too!)
    The Thelanis Mass Event Schedule - what's happening on server
    "Ask Mer'lask" of DDO Podcast Roleplaying advice for the community

Your best bet....

Make a fighter rogue TWF type character. Give them that and an off hand weapon with a generous sneak attack bonus. You get sneak attacks on blinded targets... Very very nasty! I have just such a character but don't have that nifty scimitar yet.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

I use it on Fricken all the time. It lets me solo a lot of content most rogues can't normally do. Once the mob is blinded, you get your sneak attack, whether you have aggro or not. Whenever I have to use a shield (like when I'm the main tank) I usually slap that sirroco on and I'm good to go.

Very nice weapon - gratz on the pull.
    Josah the Deceased - Cleric
    Vyyk Draygo - Pally
    Alema Draygo - Rogue
    Hey You - WF Wizard
    Jenos Idanian - Ranger
    Fricken Warforged - Pseudo Rogue