Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Nomar will be out this eve.. Home issues.. Also I got an email earlier from verlan. He will also be out with back problems
    Guild Leader of "Rest in Pieces" Sarlona RP guild
    Officer of Dedicated Teams Guild be a part of a larger community

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I can't get into the game. I've been trying for nearly half an hour now, hehe.

Are you guys in? Or are the servers just down?
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

No nomar again tonight. Sick kiddo see ya next week

Sorry guys, I think I'm out tonight. I've been putting in very late hours trying to get this project done over the last week, and it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm going to go read a book and probably be asleep in the next half hour
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

So I was thinking about our discussion last night and figured we could start coordinating. Now, I'm willing to play whatever role we need to be an effective team, so if we are missing a particular spot, I am happy to fill it. My top choices would be doing something I haven't really done before. In that light, my top three (in no particular order) would be:

Bard
    Monk
    Favored Soul (if we don't otherwise have a band-aid)
    [ADDED]Wizard/Sorc (if we don't already have one)

The first two I've never played, so it would be a learning experience for me. The third I have some experience in as a soloist, but not in a party setting.

Those are my top three, but again, if we need some other role that isn't filled, I am totally willing to do whatever we require to fill in any gaps.

I will be there next week, but will not be there the week after (London, baby!).
    Last edited by Ron; 09-29-2011 at 10:34 AM.

As I said I would like to play an Artificer, which will take up traping and support roles, and I would take on the "healer" role for anyone in our group that wanted to play a warforged. I have not yet played one but it looks fun so I would like to try the behind the lines spot instead of the group frontrunner.

I would like to mention that we should make sure that we all are 32 point builds already, so when we TR we will all have 34 points to build from. Just a thought, not saying we should require it.
    The Arrow Clan >>>----->
    Dantaous Arrow - Paladin 16(Argonnessen) Co-Founder: Grounded Aces
    Gordan Arrow - Ranger 20 (Sarlona) Member of Dedicated Teams

Excited about the TR talk. I’m ready when everyone is got the Turbine points a waiting.

Since I have currently in DED. Teams

Nomar, cleric=20
    Shippy Fighter =20
    Evasion, rogue=20
    Arano= 19=wizzy
    Bahala= 8 monk
    Toiya= 8 FvS

I’d like to run something different. Here is my list in-order of preference.

1) Artificer
    2) Barbarian
    3) Bard (tried a few times hard for me to get into them..lol)

My thoughts on it is: we don’t all have to be different classes if some of us wanna try bard or arty That’s cool, those are pretty flexible classes and can do lots of different things.

Good point on 32 point builds Gordan I think Nomar is still 28

Default Tr

First off, I too will be gone on 10/10 - Lions on Monday night!!!!!! I would love to try a spell caster, but have failed miserably when doing it on my own (it has never been any fun). That leaves ranged/support or tank. I was thinking about a Half-Orc Monk (with maybe some FS thrown in to help with the healing) who uses a quarterstaff (Half-Orcs are good with two handed weapons). If no one else wants to run the band-aid, that is probably a good place for me to learn more about spell casting. Let's hear from everyone before we descide. Looks like Kor and Pyr are the only ones not to at least voice an opinion.
    So many squishies, so little time..... Sarlona.Teams:Verlan Hellfire WF Ftr 20/ True Res into 1/2elf Monk 2

Would it be useful to try to come up with a general party makeup, and then try to fill those roles? i.e. we need 2-3 front line melee types, 1-2 ranged, a healer, a nuker, a trap monkey, etc.

Or is that too restrictive?

I notice we don't yet have anyone wanting to be a caster (wiz/sorc). That is probably a pretty important role (IMO, you guys can tell me if you think we can live without it). Since Pye is filling that role currently, my guess is she will want to do something different (Pye?). If so, that leaves Kor. If he is not interested, then I can take it over, you can add that to my list of potential archetypes.

[Oh, and BTW, I don't think it matters if you are a 28 or a 32 point build in terms of TR. All first time TRs start out as 34 point builds. There is no such thing as a 30 point build. This point came up when we were programming in TR to the planner. Now, you should CONFIRM that, because I've never personally TRed a 28 point build, so I don't have any first-hand knowledge one way or the other. But if that is not true, then the planner is coded incorrectly, and no one has ever bug reported it otherwise ]
    Last edited by Ron; 09-29-2011 at 02:25 PM.

My mistake, I thought that if you TR'ed a 28 point build it just started you with a 32 point build, not 34 but according to the wiki "The first true reincarnation gives a 34 point build (30 for Drow), even if the character was initially created as a 28 points." so yea forget what I said earlier.

More TR info here

http://ddowiki.com/page/True_Reincar..._Reincarnation
    The Arrow Clan >>>----->

Community Member shimiha_kakita's Avatar

I was thinking of an Archmage for myself so the arcane would be taken care of. The only thing we should really worry about is covering stats for runes along the way. With an artificer and Wizard we would have Int covered but the rest we would need to fill.
    Argonnessen - ??? (Wizard 15); ???? (Rogue/Ranger 14/2) - Founder of Grounded Aces
    Sarlona - ???? (Wizard 16) - Officer of the Dedicated Teams Guild

Community Member Dozen_Black_Roses's Avatar

Well in terms of past life feat, my current life would help me in the future best as either a caster again or a cleric/fvs for the evocation focus. It does not bother me which one, I prefer playing a caster, and obviously have more gear for one, but will make it work for the party make up.
    Shogyo Mujo (Nothing lasts forever and everything must change).
    @>---Fuhgly, Suzee, Blohnde, Shakkei, Redhawt, Sanctified, Punkrawk, Gaelsong, Deviliscious, Liethal----<@

Cool. If I read everyone's thoughts right, this is our potential cast list:

Bard - Jherdon, Nomar
    Monk - Jherdon, Verlan
    FvS - Jherdon, Pyre, Verlan
    Cleric - Pyre, Verlan
    Artificer - Gordan, Nomar
    Barbarian - Nomar
    Wizard - Kor, Pyre
    Sorc - Pyre

I think we could make that work where everyone gets to play what they want while still having a viable party makeup, yeah?

If we went with everyone's FIRST choices, we'd have:
    Bard - Jherdon
    Monk - Verlan, Jherdon
    Wizard/Sorc - Kor, Pyre

I put me in there twice because it is a dead tie on Bard or Monk for me as a first choice. The only problem is that unless we were all WF, that would leave us without a healer. We could do this instead:
    FvS - Jherdon
    Monk - Verlan
    Wizard/Sorc - Kor, Pyre

What do you guys think? Might be a bit light on the front-lines (Arty's a more a ranged class, right? They don't go toe-to-toe? I have no feel for that class yet and what they can do). Verlan would be up there all by himself. Although I guess he'd have the two mech dogs as backup. And maybe that's fine with two arcanes and two ranged characters.

Anyway, I'm just playing around with combos just for the fun of it. Are there better combinations we can come up with where everyone gets to play their first or second choices?

My gosh! I'm surprised that anyone now-a-days would want to play like this.
    I played in the '70's and have been looking for this type of play on a PC since day one.
    Gee, I'd love to join a dungeon crawling group. Who do I contact? Send me a PM or e-mail if you want an old 63 year old guy that loves to play, 'the old way'.
    I'm retired, I can play anytime.
    Last edited by thegrindre; 10-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    They call me Rick, when they're not mad at me...
    At age 63, this old fart is havin' a ball!
    Although, at my age, Happy Hour is a nap...
    And, remembering what the frog said, "Time's fun when you're having flies..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

What do you guys think? Might be a bit light on the front-lines (Arty's a more a ranged class, right? They don't go toe-to-toe? I have no feel for that class yet and what they can do). Verlan would be up there all by himself. Although I guess he'd have the two mech dogs as backup. And maybe that's fine with two arcanes and two ranged characters.

Anyway, I'm just playing around with combos just for the fun of it. Are there better combinations we can come up with where everyone gets to play their first or second choices?
    I'd have no problem playing a Barb or Fighter Hybrid. My cleric past life really does not give me much. wouldn't mind being at the front instead of the back of the fight :P see everyone tonight.

So final party make-up for our first TR.

Nomar - Barbarian (or Barbarian/Fighter?)
    Kor - Wizard (Archmage)
    Verlan - Horc Monk
    Gordan - Arty
    Pyre - FvS or Cleric
    Jherdon - Bard

Seems pretty decent, eh?

For my Bard, do you guys have any preferences or thoughts on Spellsinger vs. Warchanter? I'm leaning toward the former (more of a CC/Backup healilng/spells sort of bard), simply because I think of Warchanters as melee types, and that's not the direction I think I ought to go with this. On the other hand, I've seen some Warchanter builds speced out as casters that seem pretty capable in that capacity. So I'm torn on which way to go.

yep Nomar will be going Barbarian THF. thinking either Dwarf or Half-Orc. did we decided on if we can use items that our toons already have. Nomar has a Antique Great Axe that would be a great Starting Weapon for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    For my Bard, do you guys have any preferences or thoughts on Spellsinger vs. Warchanter? I'm leaning toward the former (more of a CC/Backup healilng/spells sort of bard), simply because I think of Warchanters as melee types, and that's not the direction I think I ought to go with this. On the other hand, I've seen some Warchanter builds speced out as casters that seem pretty capable in that capacity. So I'm torn on which way to go.
    Have not played alot of Bards to higher levels. for my Barb personally either would be cool. I know i'll be partly a Mana sponge with healing, and the Warchanter has nice buffs for Frontline PPL . CC from spellsinger is great too for me. lol alas I know I'm not helping with your descision.

so when can we TR? jkjk i'm excited though.

If its between warchanter and spellsinger I would go with Spellsinger, but the better CC is Virtuoso I think. Spellsinger has the mana buff which is awsome and would help all four casters, including yourself, and with kor being a Wiz he wont get as many SP that Pyr had so that will help him continue blasting stuff. I will be providing buffs for the frontline groups with my infusions so that takes that slot. My arti will be focusing on traps, buffing, and crafting with some slight ranged support. I am thinking of making dog an intimipup but I have read that they dont live long in the higher level quests so I might change him to a sneakydog later.
    The Arrow Clan >>>----->

Community Member shimiha_kakita's Avatar

Ok, so now that we know the classes what about races?
    Argonnessen - ??? (Wizard 15); ???? (Rogue/Ranger 14/2) - Founder of Grounded Aces
    Sarlona - ???? (Wizard 16) - Officer of the Dedicated Teams Guild

Half Orc barbie here

Quote Originally Posted by shimiha_kakita View Post
    Ok, so now that we know the classes what about races?

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast