Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Depends.

I was toying with a Bardcher (16/2/2 Ba/F/Ra), and if I do that, I will go Elf or Half-Elf. But so far I can't make it work (well, I can, but it's more of a AA than a Bard, and that's not what I'm after).

If I give up on that and go straight 20 Bard CC spec, I'll probably go Human, just for the extra feat/skills (both of which are starved in a Bard char, IMO).

So yeah, one of those.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

eh all..looks like i missed everyone by 8 mins..lol sorry for the lateness. any talk of TRing?
    Guild Leader of "Rest in Pieces" Sarlona RP guild
    Officer of Dedicated Teams Guild be a part of a larger community

Community Member Dozen_Black_Roses's Avatar

Yes we are planning on meeting up next week as level 1's
    Last edited by Dozen_Black_Roses; 10-18-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    Shogyo Mujo (Nothing lasts forever and everything must change).
    @>---Fuhgly, Suzee, Blohnde, Shakkei, Redhawt, Sanctified, Punkrawk, Gaelsong, Deviliscious, Liethal----<@

So when we TR we should all pick sunny Korthos that way we are all on the same side and can go to the harbor whenever we want to. Are we thinking that we want to go for an elite streak or just keep it safe with a hard run??
    The Arrow Clan >>>----->
    Dantaous Arrow - Paladin 16(Argonnessen) Co-Founder: Grounded Aces
    Gordan Arrow - Ranger 20 (Sarlona) Member of Dedicated Teams

Is there any chance of an opening for another dungeon crawler?
    I'd like to run a barb or a fighter, if at all possible...

Thank you.
    They call me Rick, when they're not mad at me...
    At age 63, this old fart is havin' a ball!
    Although, at my age, Happy Hour is a nap...
    And, remembering what the frog said, "Time's fun when you're having flies..."

Def leet. we should have no problem with that especially if we can hand down items as we lvl character. i'll be ready with my 18 barb 1/sorc 1/cleric sword and board drow for monday!!!

Ok my Arti is ready and waiting on Sunny Korthos for the rest of the team. See everyone on monday.
    The Arrow Clan >>>----->

I just did a rough plan of my build this morning. I'm going to look it over again and probably do a final build before I take the plunge. I've got a pure bard spellsinger CC specced.

One thing I thought about as I was selecting spells, should we try and coordinate them? Since I think all of us have static spell lists (FvS, Wiz, Arty, and Bard), we may not want to overlap them and waste slots (esp party buff spells). Although I guess we can still swap them out over time.

Pyre: I set up absolutely NO healing capabilities on my bard. Are you okay with that? Although I could wand-whip if needed for emergencies. But I could swap in some healing spells if you want backup.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member shimiha_kakita's Avatar

I'm still doing a little bit of planning with my build as well. I will see how I feel about a WF archmage so i might be a bit more self sufficent but if I'm not entirely convinced I'll do Human.

Also thegrindre, I'm sorry but we are currently full at the moment.
    Argonnessen - ??? (Wizard 15); ???? (Rogue/Ranger 14/2) - Founder of Grounded Aces
    Sarlona - ???? (Wizard 16) - Officer of the Dedicated Teams Guild

Default half orc or half elf?

Ok I am going to play around with my monk build this weekend and be ready to go on Monday but I have a question: Half-Orc with THF - staff or Half-elf TWF? If you only use wraps does the TWF feats do you any good? Also as long as you use KI weapons (staff/kama) then all the cool attacks (energy, death, stunning blow) work with those weapons right? Ron's builder is awesome, but it can't answer those 2 questions for me. If I go Half-elf, then I will be taking the Ranger dilettante so I will able to use CLW wands to help with healing too (at least between battles). Since these are the next step in our current characters, then I see no reason that all our stuff should not be usable, as should any money gained from the sale of items we will no longer be able to use (vendor sales only right?). I think we should elite everything early on, I know we can handle it. And lastly, I am sure we are all aware that the following week is Halloween. Can't wail.
    So many squishies, so little time..... Sarlona.Teams:Verlan Hellfire WF Ftr 20/ True Res into 1/2elf Monk 2

Quote Originally Posted by thor6478 View Post
    If you only use wraps does the TWF feats do you any good?
    I've never played a monk, so I can't really answer most of your questions. The only thing I can say definitively is that you cannot duel wield hand wraps, and I'm pretty sure you cannot even put a secondary weapon of any sort in your other hand (although I can double check that). So I don't think TWF would apply to them.

[EDIT: Confirmed, you cannot put another weapon in your off hand when you have handwraps equipped]

Community Member Dozen_Black_Roses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I just did a rough plan of my build this morning. I'm going to look it over again and probably do a final build before I take the plunge. I've got a pure bard spellsinger CC specced.

One thing I thought about as I was selecting spells, should we try and coordinate them? Since I think all of us have static spell lists (FvS, Wiz, Arty, and Bard), we may not want to overlap them and waste slots (esp party buff spells). Although I guess we can still swap them out over time.

Pyre: I set up absolutely NO healing capabilities on my bard. Are you okay with that? Although I could wand-whip if needed for emergencies. But I could swap in some healing spells if you want backup.
    (1) I am ready to tr, as I have my heart of wood, just did not have time to actually do the tr process. Will do it tomorrow.

(2)I would agree on spells, but early on I wouldnt worry about overlap, later on is where coordination matters if more than one person can cast certain spells.

(3) I would prefer if you had some healing spells yes. Even my very melee warchanter bards still fit in healing spells, even if they are not that potent, it still helps, so I am confident you will be able to fit them in, it may not be every level, but here and there as it were. Also later on you being able to cast gh, blur, and fom, helps the casters also as they can carry more offensive vs. buffing spells. On those melee bard builds of mine, healing is minimal but with umd there is always the ability to raise dead or use heal scrolls, or restoration scrolls which can help in a pinch. One class I really feel I know well is bards so if you need any help/tips along the way, please ask.

(4) Verlan, I really always hated monks, from the start so cant help you here, monks use TWF, but you may want to check on the build sections of the forums and see what feats most monks typically take to be sure and get some answers hopefully to your questions. You also have to think about gear, probably alot easier to get wraps then staffs, there are a number of named wraps now in the game and built into chain end rewards, where as with staffs there are only 2 or 3 I can think of.

(5) We can definitely handle elite from the start, I dont see the issue with it, and frankly to miss out on elite bravery bonuses would make me a sad panda, it has helped tremendously this past life with my multi TR toon, it definitely sped things up for her, even with a good chunk of my normal play time taken out for work, I think I was able to cap her much more quickly than last life when I did not get bravery bonuses until the last few levels of her life.
    Last edited by Dozen_Black_Roses; 10-23-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    Shogyo Mujo (Nothing lasts forever and everything must change).
    @>---Fuhgly, Suzee, Blohnde, Shakkei, Redhawt, Sanctified, Punkrawk, Gaelsong, Deviliscious, Liethal----<@

If you only use wraps does the TWF feats do you any good?
    yep check out the TWF feat on wiki it will explain but it is a must i feel for monks.

Also as long as you use KI weapons (staff/kama) then all the cool attacks (energy, death, stunning blow) work with those weapons right?
    yes all cool attacks will work with your weapons, but Stunning blow will work with any weapon wraps/kamma/shortsword of going ninja spy. Stunning Fists will only work with wraps if you are thinking taking that.

Mabar event is comming up nice wraps from there as well. but need to fig out if your going STR or Wis based monk.

Nomar is set and ready to rock. I did do the SOLO only quest just to check him out. see everyone tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozen_Black_Roses View Post
    (1) I am ready to tr, as I have my heart of wood, just did not have time to actually do the tr process. Will do it tomorrow.
    Me too. I have actually talked to the TR guy, so the next login I'll be going through the actual rebuild and then I'll run through the beach quest and be ready before tonight.

(2)I would agree on spells, but early on I wouldnt worry about overlap, later on is where coordination matters if more than one person can cast certain spells.
    Okay

(3) I would prefer if you had some healing spells yes. Even my very melee warchanter bards still fit in healing spells, even if they are not that potent, it still helps, so I am confident you will be able to fit them in, it may not be every level, but here and there as it were. Also later on you being able to cast gh, blur, and fom, helps the casters also as they can carry more offensive vs. buffing spells. On those melee bard builds of mine, healing is minimal but with umd there is always the ability to raise dead or use heal scrolls, or restoration scrolls which can help in a pinch. One class I really feel I know well is bards so if you need any help/tips along the way, please ask.
    Fair enough, I'll rework my spell selection a bit then. I wasn't happy with it anyway. I did take gh, blur, and fom already. Oh, and my base UMD is in the 30s, so scrolls should be no problem.

And yeah, I'd love advice, especially playtips. Never having played a bard, this is going to be a learning process for me. So to have help would be invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by tcmexman View Post
    yep check out the TWF feat on wiki it will explain but it is a must i feel for monks.
    Really? Even for a handwrap-only monk? What does it do for them?

Really? Even for a handwrap-only monk? What does it do for them?
    From Wiki : Two Weapon Fighting reduces the to-hit penalty when using two weapons at the same time. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off-hand lessens by 6, so it becomes -4 (main hand) / -4 (off-hand) (instead of -6/-10 without this feat). If the off-hand weapon is light, the penalties both decrease by another 2 points, down to -2/-2 (instead of -4/-8 without this feat).

After Update 5, an off-hand attack would have a chance to proc on any main hand attack now, instead of being predetermined on certain attacks. The default chance to proc an off-hand attack is 20%.

Two Weapon Fighting increases the chance to proc an off-hand attack by 20%, bringing the total chance to 40%. Having more TWF feats increases the percentage chance of proccing an off-hand attack by 20% per level, to a max of 80% with Greater Two Weapon Fighting.

This feat also works for unarmed Monks, and has the same effect.

So fighting with handwraps (or unarmed) is considered fighting with two weapons then? I did not know that.

thank you nomar, very helpful.

As we are taking halloween off, where does everyone stand on allowing us to run the solo harbor quests before the next session? I know there are not very many left, and not worth a whole lot of xp, but they do help.
    So many squishies, so little time..... Sarlona.Teams:Verlan Hellfire WF Ftr 20/ True Res into 1/2elf Monk 2

Community Member shimiha_kakita's Avatar

The problem with that I think is if you do the solo quest your Elite streak will end and you won't get the bonus XP for the streak.
    Argonnessen - ??? (Wizard 15); ???? (Rogue/Ranger 14/2) - Founder of Grounded Aces
    Sarlona - ???? (Wizard 16) - Officer of the Dedicated Teams Guild

nope streak wont end..you just wont get it. you can even redo quest like on hard or normal ..wont break streak. you just don't get the extra XP.

Bravery Bonus Overview
    The bravery bonus only applies for the first completion of a quest. Running the quest additional times will not affect the bravery bonus nor give the bonus experience points. Thus, after the first run, you may run the quest on any difficulty and it will not affect your bravery streak.

Breaking Streaks
    All streaks are broken when the following are true:

◦You are running a quest for the first time
    ◦The quest difficulty is Normal or lower

Ok I went strolling through stormreach last night and went and got myself some spell components for casting the better spells so now we can have some damage buffs, armor buffs and elemental buffs on the group next week as we clean out the waterworks. I apologize for not getting these components quicker.
    The Arrow Clan >>>----->

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast