Community Member

Default I know the reason to take rogue first level, but why last aswell?

I can't seem to figure out why one would put rogue in the last part of their build, is there something that I'm missing out on?

Community Member

nvm, found out why.

why?

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Quote Originally Posted by willphase View Post
    why?

Garth
    Evasion

Community Member

I suspect another reason to choose it last would be to catch up on skills they got behind in. Taking the last level as rogue will give them extra skill points, which can be put in Disable Device, Open Lock, UMD, etc etc. It would allow them to max out ranks in whatever they need. If they only take a 2nd level of rogue for Evasion, I would see getting more benefit taking it earlier to get more use from it. Taking 1st and 6th level as rogue and rest for paladin would give you Evasion for levels 7-12th, but if you wanted to max out UMD then you'd want to take 2nd level of rogue on your 12th.

You also need to take the bonus of Intelligence into factor so you have enough points you can catch back up (15 ranks max).

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Shagn View Post
    I suspect another reason to choose it last would be to catch up on skills they got behind in.
    QFT.
    If you're a multiclassed rogue there is a risk of not having enough skill points to max out all rogue skills. If you want to get them maxed at the level cap, taking your last level as rogue is a must.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    QFT.
    If you're a multiclassed rogue there is a risk of not having enough skill points to max out all rogue skills. If you want to get them maxed at the level cap, taking your last level as rogue is a must.
    Taking rogue as last level, based on how much intelligence you have, may not give you enough skill points to max out ranks. It depends on how many skills you want to max... I'd suggest using a character generator to make sure. Eventually the level cap may raise again. Take care and hope it works out for you!
    Last edited by Shagn; 01-31-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Community Member

... or you could just actually take rogues on quests with you and not have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhrobbins View Post
    ... or you could just actually take rogues on quests with you and not have to worry about it.
    Would be nice if there were rogues on line when I played (I play off hours)

Also I play with just one other person at times. I play a UMD Rogue/Cleric, He plays a Fighter/Paladin. We're only 8th level atm, but other then a few quests that require more members, we're having fun.

Default AS of right now...Wiz/rog 11/1

I would rather keep my one level of rogue and have the extra spells and spell points....thk u very much. I can open, search, spot, and disable any trap currently. 975 sp with a 48 disable and 49 search with a 40 open locks. Yeah, spot suxs at at 30....cant have everything but i have corrected that problem with my new and improved build.

Community Member

I run a wiz10/rog2 on xoriat (Ssimyth) ..I took rog as first level for max skills [44 at first], with a high int was able to max DD, OL, and switch between spot and search every wiz level, then took level 12 as rogue and got evasion and maxed DD,OL,search, spot, and UMD. It was really the UMD and evasion I was looking for.