Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Truth to be told, I am actually not sure what you mean by 'epic' item. I was more wondering about things within the characters level range.

I am fine with the no auction policy though too. The alternative, which I'd have suggested is 'only with group approval'.

Two more questions:
    * Seeing a lot of us are making characters/toons of classes they haven't played on DDO before (Mar a Ranger, I am likely to go with a wizard and a friend of mine /might/ try himself at a Cleric for the first time), what about if a toon/character does not work out for someone? Character switching (and trying catch them up with the group) permitted?

* We are only 3 (maybe 4), do we want to meet today nevertheless or give it another week to see if we can find at least a forth or fifth? Now, seeing it is sort of short notice I anyway will pop on my wizard real quick around 8pm (EST). Name is Mabrook. I'll do the tutorial with him and leave him at (after) the tutorial exit in Korthos.

My meaning of epic was like a tome or some ML16 item that you have been saving on another toon (keen smiter, WoP, etc.)

I have made my Rogue, but have not done anything on Korthos since I did not know if we were doing the tutorial or not. Toon's name is Sumati but doubt I will make it tonight at 8pm EST, maybe on later.

As for rerolling, I say it should be up to the group. I doubt my rogue will be an optimal build nor planned out through 20th level, like what skills and feats I will take.

I might be able to get us a forth, possibly a fifth from my friends, will just have to see if the time fits their schedule.
    3 Rules to Life

1.) "Dont teach a pig how to sing because it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    2.) "Never wrestle a pig in mud, because you get dirty and the pig enjoys it."
    3.) "Never argue with an idiot because people watching cannot tell the difference."
    Krago - Dwarven Barbarian

Oh yeah, none of our characters (not even our primary toons) are that far that they have access to such items, so I didn't even think of them.

I was more thinking along the lines of a ring of waterbreathing (in case a character has a hard time finding one) and in those cases make it a group specific decision - as said though, I am fine and game either way.

Me and Marenka didn't do the tutorial with our new characters/toons either. Hmm, how about that, we look to see if we see your character on or if you see Berunger or Marenka, feel free to give us a quick tell and we switch into our new skins. Then do the tutorials together? It might make for a good, nice and relaxed first adventure.

Community Member

Yeah, I admit I had two items that I was hoping to pass to a new toon. Underwater action and feather falling. I'm a class A klutz when moving my toon around and can't even count how many times Marenka died because of my inability to maneuver on ledges or underwater.
    CHARACTERS ON SARLONA
    Marenka: Human Sorcerer, Meranwen Amandil: Human Cleric, Sybila Willowbottom: Halfling Rogue

Alright, no twink at all. I have my toon at Korthos and have skipped the tutorial as well. Toon's name is Sumati.
    3 Rules to Life

1.) "Dont teach a pig how to sing because it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    3.) "Never argue with an idiot because people watching cannot tell the difference."

Community Member

Question Marenka the Sorcerer had too much to drink....

"You ok?" Theft waves his hand in front of the dazed Sorcerer...
    "Bartender, I think she may have had too much to drink...."
    "Miss, you had better sit down."

================================================== ==
    I was waiting in the Bogwater Monday night, Theft's favorite tavern, for my team to all get online and noticed Marenka there. She was deep in thought... and seemed nonresponsive

Just checking in have you decided on Fridays? It might be best to break out to a new team post and set a definite target start date.
    Dedicated Teams Guild be part of a larger community... and Roleplayers Sarlona RP Channel

Marenka claims she never drinks (too much). It's a good thing too, seeing what puny, frail human she is.
    I too noticed her doing that from time to time. Simply zones out and stands there with this empty look in her face. Claims she is contemplating the mysteries of the universe.
    Me? I think she is just daydreaming.

=========================================

I actually meant to post this earlier. Yes, it seems Friday it is. There are more good news too. Two more player have voiced their interest (as in, said they will join in). Although, I spoke with one of them today and he said he is sick RL (the player, not the character).

I can be on early tomorrow, so will try see if I can catch either of them. That'd put our numbers to five. I'll have Mabrook on call tomorrow, should we miss another - feel free to send Berungar a tell. I'll definitely be there the whole night in either of those skins.

I will be on tonight as well.

Sumati - Halfling Rogue
    3 Rules to Life

Community Member

While the player is blushing in embarrassment , Marenka really was just meditating to enrich her spells and be a better caster to keep everyone elses butts out of the frying pan when we all go adventuring.

Sorry about missing you. Hope to catch you another time. And I too will be on tonight. Hoping to start going with the team as I've been looking forward to it.
    CHARACTERS ON SARLONA
    Marenka: Human Sorcerer, Meranwen Amandil: Human Cleric, Sybila Willowbottom: Halfling Rogue

I thought to add a quick update.

It looks like the group is taking off. There was looting, lewd remarks and other good stuff.

First night was a success, a little short but overall a real great time. So far, the team has four members, all set to go again next Friday.

Current roster is:
    Mabrook (Human Wizard)
    Meranwen (Drow Ranger)
    Sumati (Halfling Rogue)
    Riemmer (Dwarf Barbarian)
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Default hope this gets to you all

i am unable to connect to the ddo servers this evening of monday, February 9. Not really sure why. I was just on last night.

Default Indeed it has...

we are all experiencing the same disorienting effects! Keep trying, and perhaps soon we shall be cleared of this awful fog!

(( Yep, all servers are down, posts all over the place about it, but at least two of the DDO/Turbine Development Team have posted that they are working on it. If we can't get in tonight, perhaps next week we can finish. ))

Default Static Group

Hello, I'm not sure this is the correct way to do this; but I'm looking for a static group to play with. I haven't played DDO in a very long time and I would like to find a static group to start with. I'm not to concerned about which class I would need to play, or which server since I would rather start from level 1. I would even be willing to join a group and do Perma-death rules. If anyone has a group starting or a group with a spot in it I would appreciate the invite.

Any weeknights or weekend days other then Friday would be good for me. (I actually run a D&D game on Friday nights so that would be out.)

Thanks
    Joras

Community Member

Default I am so Jealous !

Well I was to suggest the newest Friday light Roleplay team but since you can't play on Friday because you have a Real PnP D&D campaign ( I am so Jealeous ).

For Permadeath Static Teams you might want to contact KGWiking

Sehenry03 is currently in the planning stages on a brand new group and will be running under our Guild Banner
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=172221

Check out the First Post in this thread for a listing and links to all our Dedicated Teams
    Dedicated Teams Guild be part of a larger community... and Roleplayers Sarlona RP Channel

Community Member

Talking Dedicated Teams!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    With the forum redesign, I guess we are now called "static" groups, I like Dedicated Teams better !
    I like the way you think!

Community Member

Exclamation Most US States 'Springing Forward' ...

So for our Team Members in far off lands like Peru, some parts of Australia, and ... Arizona remember we set our meeting time FORWARD 1 hour so...

For an example an 8PM EST start time in the US is Your time!

The change from Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time
    will occur on Sunday, March 8th.
    Last edited by thalion; 03-08-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: added timeanddate.com EST link

Default Still room?

Looking to get back into DDO, been gone for a year. Only had characters on Ghallanda so would have to sign up for a new group on Sarlona. Noticed you're starting a new Friday Night Friends dedicated group. Still have room for one more? I'd love to start up again and playing Friday nights and maybe once in a while fits into my busy RL schedule. I could play catchup real quick probably to level 4 or so if needed.

Let me know. i'll check the forum the next few days. Thanks.

Default Re-New Player looking for static...

After baiting the waters for a daytime US group (and seemingly failing), I figured maybe this would be a better place to troll the waters. I'm seriously and severely interested in rejoining the ranks of DDO, but can't stand to solo and love static group play. Dedicated Teams definitely seems the way to go and I'd love to join like minded players in this. Suddenly, I also have Thursday nights free, so that helps...

Times: Mon - Fri, 1pm - 7:30pm EST; Thurs 1pm - 2am EST
    Type of Group: Light RP (but flexible), prefer no twinking, AH, etc.
    Levels: Would KILL to get in with a group that started from 1 and worked all the way through raiding.

Nibbles?

Community Member

Smile There are more of you out there!

Do you realize we have Eight (8) Dedicated Teams running under the guild banner! In addition to that we have at least two potential teams that have been looking for addition solid players.

You have a few options;

A) That ALT, you know, the one that is dying to join a steady group of comrades every week - our mid-level teams have a few openings.

B) Get on the waiting list or become an ALT for the initial level teams that are full.

C) Become a new Team Lead and start your own new Dedicated Team.

D) There have been additional inquires for some new team starts - I have some PM's out to them (let me try and get a status on those)

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

I would be interested in joining a dedicated group. I currently have no characters on Sarlona, so is it an obstacle to be on a 28 pt build? I assume not but ... you never know. LEt me know what is available when you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by thalion View Post
    Do you realize we have Eight (8) Dedicated Teams running under the guild banner! In addition to that we have at least two potential teams that have been looking for addition solid players.

You have a few options;

A) That ALT, you know, the one that is dying to join a steady group of comrades every week - our mid-level teams have a few openings.

B) Get on the waiting list or become an ALT for the initial level teams that are full.

C) Become a new Team Lead and start your own new Dedicated Team.

D) There have been additional inquires for some new team starts - I have some PM's out to them (let me try and get a status on those)
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast