Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default A Successor is named

Happy Independence Day to the US players!

I wish to salute all my Guilds officers and members - we have grown from a small group of regular players to an entire guild of static play teams.

I believe we consider our Guild of "like minded players" a successful and rewarding enterprise and as such I feel a successor needs to be announced to assure continuation of this fine community. One of our own does us service as both officer and team member on multiple groups. I respect his Dedication, and his multiple Playstyles ranging from nonRP to light and higher Roleplay group engagements. That DDO player is TCmexman. His overall support of our Guild's growth has been very important to us all.

Shippy Alebreath has been promoted to Guild Successor.
    -Thalion
    Dedicated Teams Guild be part of a larger community... and Roleplayers Sarlona RP Channel

"Ehh?! Shippy Alebreath has been named the heir apparent?" sputtered Kantarou as he hurriedly placed his ale mug back on the table in the Rusty Nail. "Err, you know sir, that, um, well, Shippy's last name is more of a description than a family name, don't you?"

((Congrats TCmexman. Now don't let the power go to your head. And, Thalion, I hope this isn't some crazy foreshadowing, right?))
    Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Who is this Shippy that you speak of? Clearly his proper name is Nomar, the most awesome cleric who has kept me alive more times than I can count!

Grats, TC. I'm not entirely sure what a Guild Successor is, but I'm sure you'll do well in the post.

Oh, and can I get a Lesser Restore?
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Thumbs up Thank you

Thanks all! It is an honor to be named to the position. I have really enjoyed playing with everyone on all my teams. Made good friends, and for me, it has taken the experience of DDO to a new level! Teams everyday of the week! It’s great!

Thanks again to Thalion for creating a place for all us like minded individuals to enjoy the game!

Yur Dwarf who’s always saving ya a seat in the Tavern!

-Shippy

Aka TC
    Guild Leader of "Rest in Pieces" Sarlona RP guild
    Officer of Dedicated Teams Guild be a part of a larger community

hey guys, i'd be interested in joining a dedicated team with my lvl 7 ftr on Sarlona, or rolling a new character on any server. please pm.

Community Member

Default Theft raises a toast...

Well, battered and a little scorched by the looks of his armor Theft raises a glass, "May I be a little quicker the next time a giant the size of Sor'jek falls" and begins laughing... then cringes and and puts a hand on his painful rib cage.

Examining the crowd, Theft looks around, "Where is this Barbarian that Yetta speaks of..."

========================
    Thanks for the Tempest run it was my pleasure attending the Warforged Sunday team's raid event and playing with members from Thursdays team as well!
    Dedicated Teams Guild be part of a larger community... and Roleplayers Sarlona RP Channel

Quote Originally Posted by thalion View Post
    Well, battered and a little scorched by the looks of his armor Theft raises a glass, "May I be a little quicker the next time a giant the size of Sor'jek falls" and begins laughing... then cringes and and puts a hand on his painful rib cage.

Examining the crowd, Theft looks around, "Where is this Barbarian that Yetta speaks of..."

========================
    Thanks for the Tempest run it was my pleasure attending the Warforged Sunday team's raid event and playing with members from Thursdays team as well!
    I's right here. What do you need killed? BUUUUUURRRRRRPPP..... Wench mor drink!!!
    Thelanis
    Mysterio 20th lvl Wizard "officer of Ravenspittle" main character

Community Member

Default What about their skulls?

Theft, raises an eyebrow and examines the Barbarian....
    Beckoning the Barbarian forward Theft raises his voice to be heard above the crowd "Up here, come forward."

"I have heard a lot about you, your abilities, and how you help keep our other Guild Members focused and ready for battle!" Throwing a sideways glance towards Yetta, Theft grabs the Barbarian's shoulders, "I appreciate these actions, you make us stronger!"

Theft barely in a whisper then continues "... You don't really eat Kobold brains raw do you?"

====================================
    Krakenskullz has been promoted to officer.

Default Yum brains... do you have any

Quote Originally Posted by thalion View Post
    Theft, raises an eyebrow and examines the Barbarian....
    Beckoning the Barbarian forward Theft raises his voice to be heard above the crowd "Up here, come forward."

"I have heard a lot about you, your abilities, and how you help keep our other Guild Members focused and ready for battle!" Throwing a sideways glance towards Yetta, Theft grabs the Barbarian's shoulders, "I appreciate these actions, you make us stronger!"

Theft barely in a whisper then continues "... You don't really eat Kobold brains raw do you?"

====================================
    Krakenskullz has been promoted to officer.
    They are best when the kill is fresh. But day old brains arer just as good.
    Thelanis
    Mysterio 20th lvl Wizard "officer of Ravenspittle" main character

Community Member

Default Missive from Baenadal

Reapent Calvin'efiver places a document on the table where Shippy and Theft are sitting and then states with what noticibly seems to be a heavy heart, "Idn't it jes like the "order" er the "high counsel" er whaddever 'e called it ta make sech a change. Did they nay think of the impact this decision has on ennybody??"

Theft examines the document and then looks up "Please sit Master Dwarf". Theft then hands the document to Shippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Missive from Baenadal View Post
    Dearest Comrades,

It is with happy heart that I write to you all, to announce that my prayers have finally been answered, and the Undying Court, in its infinite wisdom and benevolence has summoned be back to fair, fair Aeranal to serve as the page for my most noble ancestor Gatarathnea Sollegond, who will be ascending to the Court and take up the mantle of the Deathless when the Spring blossoms next come! Although I will certainly not miss this forsaken scrap of rock that my ancestors rightly fled so many eons ago, I shall still hold fond memories of the associates--and yes, even friends--among the lesser races that I have met while serving my holy masters' will here in Stormreach. Please know that I believe you all to be shining and heroic examples of your kind, and that long after the brief spark of your short life has been snuffed, I will still sing your praises and remember your deeds in the hallowed halls of Shae Mordai. Indeed, I can think of no greater honor! Farewell, and know that you walk with the blessing of the Deathless.

written, signed and sealed by

Baenadal Sollegond,
    Page to Gatarathnea Sollegond,
    Deathless Champion Elect,
    Civil Flight of the Lower Undying Court,
    Theft motions to the barkeep to deliver a flagon of ale for the now seated Dwarf, "Reapent you have served your comrades well, I have often referred to you as the Anchor. As second in command of your team you have often been the reason your comrades made it back home ....", then retrieves the missive back from Shippy glances at it and then continues, "...to this forsaken scrap of rock to fight another day."

Community Member

Thumbs up Another Year of Dedicated Teams!

I would like to wish all a Happy New Year especially the fine Team Leads and Members that make our static groups the best.

/toast Dedicated Teams
    To another fun year of ahead of us!
    - Thalion

Yes, to another year of fun and friends in Dedicated Teams!

*raises beer mug*

Prost!
    Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

a Gul farrenglos vel gelm, gullend, gulm, ver aur, var nar mer!
    (( Good new year, with Peace, Luck, Health and Wealth, my Brave and Loyal Friends! ))

Gulm! *raises glass to Arbelest, Thalion, an ennyone else crazy enough to be up now!*
    (( Salute! ))

(mord-der! me tankards dry agin!) Skully Boneshards I be needin anudder round! Oh en while yer at it, an ale'll dew nicely too!
    Last edited by S1gma; 01-01-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Oi! *rubs eyes, and looks for mug*
    There are good ships,
    and there are wood ships,
    The ships that sail the sea.
    But the best ships, are friendships,
    And may they always be.

*looks for pants* to a new year! *smiles*

-Shippy
    Guild Leader of "Rest in Pieces" Sarlona RP guild
    Officer of Dedicated Teams Guild be a part of a larger community

Default looking for static group

I've been playing ddo for about two years, with a recent four month lay off. I'm getting back into the game but I came from a static group experience that was absolutely awesome. We were super strategic, didn't rush at all, no tweeking/auction houses etc. In all, it was an amazing experience yet we disbanded because three people decided to become parents.

After this experience, I've have found PUGs to be horribly disappointing. I have certain things that I like to see in a group and have certain expectations about how I like them to run. Those are:
    1. Strategy/team-oriented- discussing battles or having one player give out the orders for the group. Alot of direction and almost militaristic in approach. It allows a group to take on much more powerful enemies when every action is maximized and every player knows there role.
    2. No tweeking, auction houses- the economy of the game is part of the fun but these aspects upset the balance and give an unfair advantage to the player. I earn what I play with and it makes end rewards that much more exciting. In essence, I like to pretend that my group are the only adventurers in Stormreach.
    3. No spoilers- i pretend as though I and my companions have never been to Stormreach before. A few spoilers are ok...like after 2 or 3 party wipes. Usually everyone agrees that its ok to get direction from someone in the group who may know the quest at that point. However, I am ok with failing at times. Many times actually.

So I was thinking about trying to start a new group but it is incredibly difficult to put one together.Plus, I am really tired off the lower level content, and twice, throughout my two year playing period, I have started new toons for new groups; only to have them disband at level 11. Needless to say, I'm ready to explore higher level content.

Here's what I have to offer:
    1. 11 level dwarf fighter...a killing machine. Currently on Ghallanda but transferring to Sarlona.
    2. Very committed to a group...like to have fun and build relationships with my companions.
    3. Completely into experiencing the quest without spoilers and becoming totally absorbed in the environment and emotions.
    4. A pnp background. Not a massive wealth of dnd knowledge yet enough to maximize my toon.
    5. Flexible schedule for gaming...p.s.t. located. Looking for 1-3 nights a week.
    6. 34 years old...mature...etc.
    7. Haven't ever played 'roll-playing' style but am fiwilling to try out some light RP. I probably won't give voice to my dwarf but I will play like he would act, which is to swing his axes with all fury.

Message me if you have ideas or have a group that would welcome me.

Default Looking for group/team

Hi!

We are two players relative new to DDO (started in December), who used the holidays to get thoroughly addicted to the game and now are looking for a (light) RP group/team. I read through the thread, but with it being said there are scattered openings and all, I was not really sure if there is room some place for two low to mid-level characters and/or with whom to get in touch with.

Me and my wife are both playing on Sarlona, our general availability is 7pm (EST) to 11pm (EST) weekdays, mostly any time Saturdays and Sundays usually afternoon and evenings (again until about 11pm EST).

Our current character's are:
    Berungar Stoneshoulder (Dwarf, Fighter 1/Cleric 5)
    Marenka (Human, Sorcerer 6)
    We are both close to leveling, so it's likely that we hit level 7 (Fighter 1/Cleric 6 respectively Sorcerer 7) very soon.

If there is any group/team that could fit them, whether casual, dedicated or whatnot, please, let me know.

Community Member

Default Examines Guild's First Post...

and looks over the team links. Hmmm 8 Dedicated Teams (Roleplay and NonRoleplay Groups) most are full... and none in that level range.

• Perhaps a new 7th level Group could be started, would you be willing to consider that?
    • We have a couple stragglers from an experimental looser structure Wednesday light RP group
    • I have had some inquiries regarding starting a new team but there needs to be one who steps forward as the Team Lead.
    • You could consider joining Rest in Pieces ( quite a few Guild Members are in that RP Guild ) while options are considered?

Starting a new group/team would be fine with me. I am not exactly sure what all being Team Lead entails, but certainly willing (and happy) to take over organizing, scheduling, keeping track of things and whatnot, if it helps (I am less sure if I'd be the best choice to lead during quests, playing the game only for a little more than a month).

Also, just to throw it out there; obviously any solution allowing me and Mar to use our current characters would be preferred, but we would not be totally objected to rolling up new ones if it need be for a starting characters team.

Thanks for the advice regarding Rest in Pieces. That was another thing, we looked at the Sarlona Guild list but had a hard time figuring out which Guilds still are active, what the rp guilds are and all. So, this helps a lot. I'll drop Rest in Pieces a message.

Default Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Starting a new group/team would be fine with me. I am not exactly sure what all being Team Lead entails, but certainly willing (and happy) to take over organizing, scheduling, keeping track of things and whatnot, if it helps (I am less sure if I'd be the best choice to lead during quests, playing the game only for a little more than a month).

Also, just to throw it out there; obviously any solution allowing me and Mar to use our current characters would be preferred, but we would not be totally objected to rolling up new ones if it need be for a starting characters team.

Thanks for the advice regarding Rest in Pieces. That was another thing, we looked at the Sarlona Guild list but had a hard time figuring out which Guilds still are active, what the rp guilds are and all. So, this helps a lot. I'll drop Rest in Pieces a message.
    Ive been looking for a group to game with every other week.I plan on roleing a toon on Sarlona. I live on kyber but i plan on roleing a toon for a new group if you decide to make one ill roll a fighter/barb or a cleric if you like

Puby
    Last edited by Puby; 01-20-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I'm also not mean, just honest.

Community Member

Question A new team

We have another player expressing interest in an new EST Based Starting Group- Thursdays from 8 PM, Fridays from 9 PM, and Saturday 3 PM would be their current availability...

What might your preferred day/times be Puby?

Quote Originally Posted by Puby View Post
    Ive been looking for a group to game with every other week.I plan on roleing a toon on Sarlona. I live on kyber but i plan on roleing a toon for a new group if you decide to make one ill roll a fighter/barb or a cleric if you like

Puby

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast