View Poll Results: The Next Full Expansion?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • City of Waterdeep/Undermountain/Skullport

4 15.38%
  • Planescape/Astral Plane/Outer Planes

10 38.46%
  • Spelljammer

1 3.85%
  • Something Else (Mention Below)

11 42.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Next Full Expansion?

The Isle of Dread is (almost) confirmed for 2022, and a Ravenloft Domain of Dread mini-expansion will likely come sometime in 2023. So, following the release schedule I predicted awhile ago, we should have another full expansion in 2024. What should it be? It's not too early to ask as these major updates have to be scheduled well in advance.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    The Isle of Dread is (almost) confirmed for 2022, and a Ravenloft Domain of Dread mini-expansion will likely come sometime in 2023. So, following the release schedule I predicted awhile ago, we should have another full expansion in 2024. What should it be? It's not too early to ask as these major updates have to be scheduled well in advance.
    Honestly, I would rather see a Bank/inventory overhaul, not just a temporary fix to current inventory issues, than another expansion. Stop releasing new content that is full of bugs, and maybe address some of the more serious problems this game has currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Abilbo View Post
    Honestly, I would rather see a Bank/inventory overhaul, not just a temporary fix to current inventory issues, than another expansion. Stop releasing new content that is full of bugs, and maybe address some of the more serious problems this game has currently.
    We all know this, but which of the following do you think will get more sales though?

Lagless package: Your character is automatically selected to a lag free (*ahem*) or lag less instance on a separate server along with the rest of your party. Your account's shared bank space is now at 1000 items/ 10,000 slots crafting and have the option to buy more; they are stored on Tier 1 SSDs fast storage instead of normal disks. Your character bank is doubled in sized. Ladder bug is fixed as long as you purchased this package.

price: $129.99USD

Isle of Dread expansion: level cap has been increased to 32, new class and new race, new iconic, and 12 new quests, 2 new raids, and 2 7500 kills 12 players explorer areas. dozens of new legendary items.

Ultimate fan edition w/ +9 supreme tomes and +2 destiny AP tomes for everyone of your characters and new class hirelings. $129.99USD

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

i'd like this too, while new content is always nice, the idea of having to create yet another mule it's nauseating

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    We all know this, but which of the following do you think will get more sales though?

Lagless package: Your character is automatically selected to a lag free (*ahem*) or lag less instance on a separate server along with the rest of your party. Your account's shared bank space is now at 1000 items/ 10,000 slots crafting and have the option to buy more; they are stored on Tier 1 SSDs fast storage instead of normal disks. Your character bank is doubled in sized. Ladder bug is fixed as long as you purchased this package.

Isle of Dread expansion: level cap has been increased to 32, new class and new race, new iconic, and 12 new quests, 2 new raids, and 2 7500 kills 12 players explorer areas. dozens of new legendary items.

Ultimate fan edition w/ +9 supreme tomes and +2 destiny AP tomes for everyone of your characters and new class hirelings. $129.99USD

who said that for a QoL update they have to forget about the cash? nope, they should not.

let's open our minds, cash does not come for content only, it comes also from e.g. consumables. release a QoL update while offering in the store a 1-time bundle limited release of exp\slayer\loot pots at some attractive price. and throw in something else, like a mount\cosmetic\pet available for gold roll only, i mean, stuff that is already in game, zero effort. but bundled for thousands of ddo points. how many people constantly use pots? how many times you heard some players say "i buy to support the game"? well then, done. sold!
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    [...]
    [...] but bundled for thousands of ddo points. how many people constantly use pots? how many times you heard some players say "i buy to support the game"? well then, done. sold!
    Thousands of DDO points does not generate revenue LOL. People that do tons of TR already have thousand of points and how much cash revenue does it generate? zero. that's right, zero $.

I do not have a pie chart, but AFAIK from public information EG7 that most of DDO revenue comes from Whales and expansion sales to Whales.

TR'ing is actually loosing money for them; since people get free points and needs to support lots of bugs from TR'ing and reaper'ing...

People like me also already have like 20 Major Slayer elixirs and 10+ Sovereign II Elixirs and will not buying that... even with points.
    Last edited by Tyrande; 11-18-2021 at 02:22 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Dragonlance with dragon riding. Could redo the wizard enhancement trees with the Towers of High Sorcery.

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member

Default Banktopia

An exciting adventure into bank sorting and storage solutions.

6 quests where you empty a resurrection cache .

A raid where you have to search through 4 bank ALTs to see which one has that item you have been saving.

A pay to play quest where you can get a special reward that gives you enough space to store a quarter of the items you might need .

Thousands of DDO points does not generate revenue LOL. People that do tons of TR already have thousand of points and how much cash revenue does it generate? zero. that's right, zero $.

I do not have a pie chart, but AFAIK from public information EG7 that most of DDO revenue comes from Whales and expansion sales to Whales.

TR'ing is actually loosing money for them; since people get free points and needs to support lots of bugs from TR'ing and reaper'ing...

People like me also already have like 20 Major Slayer elixirs and 10+ Sovereign II Elixirs and will not buying that... even with points.

when you are out of points, you need to buy more. you have thousands now? if you spend them today and not giving cash today....you'll do it tomorrow. there are players full of points cause tr you say, well, then make em burn em! lure em in some attractive one-time offer and then...and create the need to buy em later like introducing....tomes +9? just an idea.

you are talking about whales, do you think a whale just buy an expansive bundle and pays vip and that's it? a "whale" is constantly burning cash. 500 points from vip? some favor freebie? a drop in a lake for a "whale"! beacause tr is making money for them, not loose, the "whale" play constantly on pots and store consumables. tr means grind and grind means sell consumables to make it quicker. like boxes.

it seems like to me, from what i am reading, people like you (and like me btw) are not the target audience anyway for this game and how it goes...
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Astral plane please, that would be my next request now that Isle of Dread is confirmed for 2022.

Community Member

For me, Lagles Package wins every time. That's a better poll though, IMHO.

Hearing we'd be getting a mini-expansion back to Ravenloft warms my heart. My preference after Isle of Dread and MORE Ravenloft would be Sigil, in Planescape but honestly I would not turn down Expedition to Barrier Peaks or something more Eberron themed like in the Mournlands.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

How about a trip to Mechanus. Surely those wacky modrons are up to something interesting...

My main thought instantly went to Sigil. Secondary, into Myth Drannor.

Classic module-wise Barrier Peaks.

I would much rather prefer original adventures located here:

On Eberron
    - Talenta Plains (dinosaur riding halflings),
    - Zilargo (more gnomes),
    - Argonesson (more Dragons)

On Toril
    - the Inner Sea (sea elves, sharks)
    - Zhentil Keep (zhentarim)
    - anauroch (netherese, sand worms)
    - Bloodstone Lands (Witch King)
    In DDO terms, "[x] Pass" means "[x] Changes" not "[x] Improvements"

THANK YOU SO MUCH

So much this

Only one of those updates will give the game much more longevity and increase future sales exponentially

It could and should be an entirely free lag/storage QoL update

Quote Originally Posted by TophatAces View Post
    An exciting adventure into bank sorting and storage solutions.

6 quests where you empty a resurrection cache .

A raid where you have to search through 4 bank ALTs to see which one has that item you have been saving.

A pay to play quest where you can get a special reward that gives you enough space to store a quarter of the items you might need .
    Lol

They want to go over level 30? Sigil is almost called for.

Just be careful what you believe in the planes. You might get it.

I would buy both of those.

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks!

Voted the fifth greatest adventure of all time!

Also, I'd like for them to fix Reincarnations so that you don't have to play bank shuffle and waste TONS of time each time its time to restart. Make it quick, not work.

More Ravenloft!

Less other stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast