Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U51 Preview 2: Overall Info

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2* of Update 51 is open! Changes from Preview 1 appear in blue. It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern Time) of Thursday, October 7th. This will include a dev event on Wednesday, the 6th from 8pm-10pm, where designers will be on hand to discuss your feedback.

This preview contains the following features:
    Epic Destiny Overhaul Overview
    Feat and Level-Up Changes for Epics
    Divine Crusader
    Draconic Incarnation
    Fatesinger
    Fury of the Wild
    Grandmaster of Flowers
    Legendary Dreadnought
    Magus of the Eclipse
    Primal Avatar
    Shadowdancer
    Shiradi Champion
    Unyielding Sentinel

Notes on what to expect from Exalted Angel during the next preview (not playable in this preview)

In addition to these major features, the preview also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Several SLAs in the Favored Soul and Eldritch Knight trees now properly enforce their global cooldown
    • Creeping Doom + Enveloping Swarm are now internally typed as Acid spells
    • Vistani's Deadly Blades no longer sticks around far longer than it should
    • There is a new Epic Past Life feat, to accompany the new Magus of the Eclipse Tree. Eclipse Power: Arcane Past Life Stance: +1 Spell Penetration per stack of this Past Life. Passive Bonus: +1% Absorption of Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage per stack of this feat. Like other Epic Past Life feats, this can be acquired up to three times.

Spells
    • Several changes and optimizations have been made to spells that can affect multiple targets. This should resolve several issues with AoE spells connecting while impacting with shallow water, as well as having a much better time making contact through uneven terrain.
    • Alchemist's Sanctified Vial spell now requires 1 level of Cleric, Favored Soul, or Paladin OR any points spent in the new Divine Crusader, Exalted Angel, or Unyielding Sentinel Epic Destinies

Items
    • Sovereign lightning strike now definitely works 100% of the time
    • Random loot and crafted items now have their correct weapon damage set
    • A variety of heroic red fens items now have correct stats and set bonuses
    • The Truthful Blow set now provides the correct amount of fortification bypass
    • The Mantle of Suulomades set now provides the correct amount of doublestrike
    • A variety of weapons now have their corrected material typing in the durability window
    • Epic Flameward can now be restored at the Legacy Altar of Epic Rituals.
    • Several more options for the Gem of Many Facets have been added
    • Fixed typos in certain standalone distant diversion effects
    • Several scaling alignment-based burst effects now properly change the base alignment of the weapon they're on
    • Mind and Matter set bonus now provides its listed MRR cap
    • Deathward now properly protects you from everything that Deathblock does.
    • Threads of Fate are now a little more eye-catching visually
    • New copies of the Precision Lenses from White Plume Mountain now have the correct version of Manslayer
    • Dripping with Magma now applies on ranged attacks and harmful spellcasts
    • Void, the Endless Cold is now dealing Cold damage again since the bug that prevented that from working has been fixed
    • A variety of setbonus tooltips have been corrected
    • Crocodile Maw handwraps now properly take sentience
    • Feather Fall augments and items no longer toggle off Warlock's Celestial Spirit
    • Items in your inventory are no longer affected by random durability loss from the combat flow

Misc
    • Potions may now be used while moving
    • Typos have been corrected in the Altars of Epic and Legendary Rituals
    • Shared crafting storage no longer visibly cuts off the max capacity if you've got a lot of max capacity
    • Toggles now remember their state better through logout and login
    • The Fatespinner will now remind you when you haven't unlocked all the new ED trees
    • The arrow for Horizon Walker's Mark Target skill should now properly appear on Orc and Half-Orc enemies
    • Pressing Loot All in a chest will now also loot bound but unpassable ingredients such as Threads of Fate and Raid Runes without requiring you to loot them on their own individually

Known Issues
    n/a

* Our initial preview was before Update 50, so we're referring to that as our early preview and numbering these current previews accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    [*]Several changes and optimizations have been made to spells that can affect multiple targets. This should resolve several issues with AoE spells connecting while impacting with shallow water, as well as having a much better time making contact through uneven terrain.
    Torc- this is almost working correctly now from what I've tested. My FvS beacons are now hitting me correctly now for self-heals =) but FvS heal wall still has an issue with the targeting changes. If I self-target the heal wall, then others around me will get healed but I won't until I move out of it and then back in; and if I target someone else with it, then they have to move out/back in to get the heal ticks while it'll heal me without issue--- whomever is the target of the wall doesn't get healed correctly until exiting/re-entering the fire while others get healed fine. Not sure if this targeting issue will exist for any other spells as FvS heal wall is kinda unique in how it works but having it land on/effect the target is a fairly big deal.

edit: Just tested and positive energy burst still isn't applying to self. So, entirely not sure why beacons are working right this time around but PEB isn't. Must just be a work in progress.
    Last edited by rabidfox; 10-05-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Hello,

I should have mentioned this last time because the same issue existed. I do not see this post in the Lamannia news & official discussions even though I can tell that is where it is posted based on the forum path trail above.

The only way I can get to this post is through lamannia dev tracker.

I am not sure if this is an issue on my end or others have the same issue, but that is twice in a row where Lomizir posts are not visible to me unless I go through dev tracker.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Hello,

I should have mentioned this last time because the same issue existed. I do not see this post in the Lamannia news & official discussions even though I can tell that is where it is posted based on the forum path trail above.

The only way I can get to this post is through lamannia dev tracker.

I am not sure if this is an issue on my end or others have the same issue, but that is twice in a row where Lomizir posts are not visible to me unless I go through dev tracker.
    It's at the very top since it's stickied; so there's a big gap between it and the rest of the new posts because of older stickied threads separating them.

Community Member

New EPL to replace magister epl? do we really have to etr cuz you sunset magister? what happens to Magister existing EPLs do we just lose them? or do they convert over to magus EPLS?
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Community Member

I think the 5 minute cooldown on epic moments is too high. (3.5 minutes maybe?)

Lots of potential for interesting builds with the new destinies.

Some power gained in places and lost in others.

Still concerned there's not enough sources of DC for DC casters.

Looks like it will be a lot of fun getting to play with the new system. That 100% chance to proc double rainbow effects during the epic moment will be bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    New EPL to replace magister epl? do we really have to etr cuz you sunset magister? what happens to Magister existing EPLs do we just lose them? or do they convert over to magus EPLS?
    Is there a Magister EPL? I don't feel like you can connect the EPLs 1:1 with EDs right now, especially seeing as there are 4 EPLs per sphere already, but only 3 EDs per sphere... Anyway, if the EPL was replacing another one, it'd surely convert. As it is, this seems like a brand new one. You only need to ETR imo, if you want the new EPLs and the 1 extra DP that you'll get for the extra 3 EPLs.
    Orien - Gorrue - Life #24 - Halfling VKF Assassin Rogue
    Heroic Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Is there a Magister EPL? I don't feel like you can connect the EPLs 1:1 with EDs right now, especially seeing as there are 4 EPLs per sphere already, but only 3 EDs per sphere... Anyway, if the EPL was replacing another one, it'd surely convert. As it is, this seems like a brand new one. You only need to ETR imo, if you want the new EPLs and the 1 extra DP that you'll get for the extra 3 EPLs.
    I think the point here is that we're good provided we're not losing any EPLs from those already earned. If the new tree provides an opportunity to earn more EPLs that's good, provided it is not necessary to run additional lives just to maintain the currently earned 48 (or whatever number) lives a toon has already gained.

Be good if this could be clarified Devs.

Community Member

Default Spellpowers are wonky

I transfered my main to Lammannia to test the new ED:s and got pretty weird numbers for my spellpower stats.

It's a pretty basic fire nuker druid on live, nothing optimal - I think his fire spellpower there is under 500 at level 25. Looking in the Lammaland, the relevant spellpowers all clock in at 2000+. And the damages in the R1 content seem to reflect that as well. Wall of fire hits 600 and body of the sun 1500.

Quick specs for the character:
    Druid 19, Arti1, Epic 5
    Points mostly in SH, Feywild and Racial.

Primal Avatar/Draconic/Shiradi destinies on tier4.

I wasn't able to locate a bug report tool in-game. Is there one?

Edit:
    Seems like "Primal Intensity - Thorn 3/3" in the Primal Avatar is the culprit. Putting 3 ranks into it decides to quadruple your spellpowers.
    Last edited by Kuunkukka; 10-06-2021 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    There is no such thing as a magister epic past life. There are arcane past lifes tied to the sphere - not a specific tree.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    It's at the very top since it's stickied; so there's a big gap between it and the rest of the new posts because of older stickied threads separating them.
    Now I see it - thanks. I wasn't checking the stickied section.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by slarden
    There is no such thing as a magister epic past life. There are arcane past lifes tied to the sphere - not a specific tree.
    My concern is that there’s no specific word on whether this is an additional ePL feat that brings the feat total up to 17, or if it’s replacing one…and if so, which one?

Devs, any word one way or the other?
    Last edited by AebroKomatme; 10-06-2021 at 09:17 AM.
    Grandmaster, NGITSUM Dojos
    Brigardier, 75th Reaper Regiment
    Dean Emeritus, College of Whoopass & Interpretive Dance, Astral Academy of Orien
    Director of Shenanigans, Uncle Aeb's Shady Tours, LLC.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by AebroKomatme View Post
    My concern is that there’s no specific word on whether this is an additional ePL feat that brings the feat total up to 17, or if it’s replacing one…and if so, which one?

Devs, any word one way or the other?
    This is an additional past life, its not replacing anything. If it were replacing something, or we were removing a past life outright, we'd definitely put it in the notes.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel
    This is an additional past life, its not replacing anything. If it were replacing something, or we were removing a past life outright, we'd definitely put it in the notes.
    TYVM for the clarification!
    Grandmaster, NGITSUM Dojos
    Brigardier, 75th Reaper Regiment
    Dean Emeritus, College of Whoopass & Interpretive Dance, Astral Academy of Orien
    Director of Shenanigans, Uncle Aeb's Shady Tours, LLC.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    Pressing Loot All in a chest will now also loot bound but unpassable ingredients such as Threads of Fate and Raid Runes without requiring you to loot them on their own individually
    Yessssssss
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hey Lynn, so does this mean we have the ability to get even more destiny points? Just wondering.

Thanks!
    Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    Hey Lynn, so does this mean we have the ability to get even more destiny points? Just wondering.

Thanks!
    Nico
    Well, 3 more past lives = 1 fate point. But you need 3 fate points to get a destiny point... so we'd need more sources of fate points to get enough to roll things over to the next DP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Well, 3 more past lives = 1 fate point. But you need 3 fate points to get a destiny point... so we'd need more sources of fate points to get enough to roll things over to the next DP.
    If I where to guess we will get 3 more epic past life feats when we get the 3 new Epic Destinies.

Default overall feedback from my short stay in Lamania today

Here is the overall feedback from running at level 20 through "A Small Problem" at least once per epic destiny I tested (3 for primal avatar because each type is fairly different) in house P.

Note that this is just for a new level 20 with a few epic past lives. (my main is sitting at 20 at the moment)

I tested Primal Avatar, Magus, Draconic, and Shiradi and as a druid caster with ~300 spellpower for each element I was testing, only two things felt alright. Thorn Avatar and Shiradi. for Shiradi I went and swapped out a feat to get the wizard past life and almost each time I used it, a mob died. If I was a wizard/sorc with mm and chain missile? it woulda felt fun and feel like old shiradi. For Thorn Avatar its not like it was amazing, it just felt like I got some more mid/upper heroic AOE abilities. My spells from my spellbook would hit harder initially but the SLA DOTs would hit hard enough in an AOE that it didn't feel bad to play, but it did NOT feel epic. The rest of the things I tried? simply felt bad to play and required that I use my spells more than just as supplemental.

I did like how Thorn Avatar added another acid dot.

Overall these epic destinies don't feel epic at 20. Maybe it gets better higher in the trees than what can be accessed at 20, but it felt like I was going back to mid-level heroic trees. (I am not comparing it directly to the previous trees, but to how it feels running through a quest I have run way too many times, with a bunch of different builds)
    World - Khyber
    Main - Starcandra
    Guild - Baatezu INC

I have been thinking about why the trees didn't feel epic, and I think it's partly because at level 20 there IS nothing epic about these trees. With the current trees, if you have them leveled up, once you hit 20 you get access to the epic moment and the other epic abilities, but with these, your level gated from anything epic until at least 24 (did not test 24+ so I can't say if they feel epic or not). I did find things to let me progress in the epic trees but it wasn't a smooth power increase from T5 heroics, it felt more like another T3 or 4 (and a few strange things from T1 like tiny amounts of prr/mrr). The epic strikes/spells felt under-tuned against mob hp and what I could cast as a level 20 druid even. The strikes vs mob hp might feel better once epic resistance goes away but I don't actually remember if that affects their hp or just their saves and stat regen. That also doesn't change the fact that Call Lightning (the spell, and the SLA) hits as hard or harder than any single target SLA I tested and a fireball would hit about as hard as the rest.

Will I quit ddo over this or even threaten to? No. But it does feel like ddo is taking the epic out of the epic characters. (at least at 20-23)

My opinion would be to remove the level gating from T1-4 and lower T5 to 29, as that would at least feel similar to the heroic trees. Yes, I know that they are gated behind the first 4 levels, but that would be about the same as getting access to T4 epic trees by hitting level 22 (both being 1/5th the way from 1-20 and 20-30) and even with most of the epic past lives I would not be able to get much from T3 and nothing from T4.
    World - Khyber
    Main - Starcandra
    Guild - Baatezu INC

Community Member

Why is the duration on some of the epic moments different than others when they are of similar or even lesser power?

Edit: Also, I know the spell DC from the cores don't stack, but can you stack spell DC from the different trees? IE get evocation DC from within more than one destiny?
    Last edited by Zafaron; 10-07-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast