Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Preview open!

The preview has opened!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    • Zawabi now bestows and resolves Against the Demon Queen (the 6-player pre-raid) and
    • Zawabi's Revenge (the 12-player raid) separately.
    • You are now only required to complete Against the Demon Queen once per life in order to play Zawabi's Revenge; after that, Zawabi will allow you to choose which quest to speak to him about.
    • Against the Demon Queen is no longer restricted by Raid Timer.
    • Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.
    Yay!

Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.

Miscellaneous
    • Launcher: The 64-bit game client is now the default choice for new installs. Updated the wording on the legacy client to indicate that it is no longer supported.
    • Monster Manual Volume 8 is available. It is free to VIP's and in this preview can be obtained by purchasing it in the DDO store (you can get points from Lord Poincelot in the test dojo). Monster Manual Volume 8 has categories for the following monster types:
      • Griffon
      • Satyr
      • Goblin
      • Animated Objects
      • Living spells
      • Gnome
      • Harpy
      • Marilith
      • Forgewraith
      • Wight
    yeah it is great that you are changing the way that the djinni in Menechtarun will grant access to Zawabi's Revenge raid so that the raid timer bypasses now work.
    huzzah!

about the other miscellaneous points:

1. when you say that the legacy client is no longer supported, do you mean that there will be no option to use the 32-bit legacy client? Will there only be the 64-bit ddo client?

2. I am surprised that a Vampires entry has not yet been added to a Monster Manual. I do not know if that is because there are not enough variations of vampires across the ddo game. a new Monster Manual is always welcome. but for Goblins, I am hoping that we see more variation in appearances for goblins, and that they do not all look the same, just with different names.

• Monster Manual Volume 8 is available. It is free to VIP's and in this preview can be obtained by purchasing it in the DDO store (you can get points from Lord Poincelot in the test dojo). Monster Manual Volume 8 has categories for the following monster types:
      • Griffon
      • Satyr
      • Goblin
      • Animated Objects
      • Living spells
      • Gnome
      • Harpy
      • Marilith
      • Forgewraith
      • Wight

it would be cool to add a category for Champions!
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Community Member

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Zawabi now bestows and resolves Against the Demon Queen (the 6-player pre-raid) and[*]Zawabi's Revenge (the 12-player raid) separately.[*]You are now only required to complete Against the Demon Queen once per life in order to play Zawabi's Revenge; after that, Zawabi will allow you to choose which quest to speak to him about.[*]Against the Demon Queen is no longer restricted by Raid Timer.[*]Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.

You have no idea how happy this makes me
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I'd have to watch again to see what I actually said, but if I implied that the upgraded versions would just drop that was inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by SimCat View Post
    You have no idea how happy this makes me
    Glad to hear it! It was a pretty complex restructuring. If you get a chance to pop over and talk to Zawabi on Lamannia, let us know if anything seems off.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Glad to hear it! It was a pretty complex restructuring. If you get a chance to pop over and talk to Zawabi on Lamannia, let us know if anything seems off.
    The new flagging worked well and it took a raid timer without issue. Only thing I noticed was that EE took way longer to solo (which I expected given my drop in stats in my endgame gear) and the end chests still had Shard of XYZ items in them & not the new material type.

Community Member

Default Bug with chest

There is a chest in the haunted house in a fire place that was giving me a item is blocked error when attempting to take items out of it.
    was able to position in a corner and was able to loot all except for the Saltmeadow Hay which is still giving me the 2 Saltmeadow Hay is blocked error.

You are on server 25 at r3 lx1792 ly8 i2052 cInside ox-52.77 oy-2.06 oz-240.67 h177.2. Game timestamp 28336.172.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    The new flagging worked well and it took a raid timer without issue. Only thing I noticed was that EE took way longer to solo (which I expected given my drop in stats in my endgame gear) and the end chests still had Shard of XYZ items in them & not the new material type.
    Did a quick run EN, no gear sets, so I backed it down.
    Had a glitch when I 1st spoke to him. got a string table error msg. Went to tavern did a quick client reset, all as WAI.

Very cool. maybe people will run it more often. Smooth move SSG, ty

Quests
    • Monsters will no longer cast persistent spells like wall of fire, or CC spells like sound burst in rapid succession.
      Barovia is a dangerous place, and the Abbey of Saint Markovia is no exception. Those who seek safety may not always find it.
    • Removed some NPC's from Meridia that were not meant to be there.
    • Fix a scaling issue with the monster stats in the following quests:
      • Tower of Frost
      • Memory Lapse
      • Kind of a Big Deal
      • Another Man's Treasure
    • Zawabi now bestows and resolves Against the Demon Queen (the 6-player pre-raid) and
    • Zawabi's Revenge (the 12-player raid) separately.
    • You are now only required to complete Against the Demon Queen once per life in order to play Zawabi's Revenge; after that, Zawabi will allow you to choose which quest to speak to him about.
    • Against the Demon Queen is no longer restricted by Raid Timer.
    • Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.
    Spamming casters - Thank You. Really hope this applies to a certain red named AoE spammer at the end of a "newer" adventure.
    The Abby - Leave our fun alone. We liked RL. Quit updating it so we hate it. Find a new job if ruining our enjoyment is your goal.
    Scaling - You'll get it correct, eventually. Especially Tower of Frost. Codovan deserves to be immortalized in a positive light.
    ADQ - Holey moley this is awesome to read! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Someone buy the dev who "got this across the finish line" a beer, coffee, or drink! If you come to the PNW I'll do it myself
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

The +5 Dodge on Chain use from Shadar Kai does not seem to work. I tried it not hitting anything, and then I tried it hitting things, I tried both the regular feat and the greater feat out of the tree, all while looking at the character sheet. I never saw my dodge move, and I never saw any buff applied.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Popped into some legendary reaper Sharn and noticed with the stat squish the monsters were still hitting huge numbers on my noticeably smaller health pool now, I assume the squish was supposed to be to keep the gameplay generally the same just reduce the numbers? Has anyone noticed anything similar?
    Last edited by hsparks1; 07-14-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Items that had Guild Augment slots now have a Colorless Augment Slot in its place.

I still disagree that a colorless aug slot covers the different types of guild aug slots

Tiny
    Small
    Medium
    Large

the Medium and Large - especially large slots - were rare - and sought after and were bought and sold for plat and astral shards way above the cost of a colorless aug slot that essentially is the worst slot for an augment.

The converted items should be green or at least yellow slots - since some of us still use the guild augs and are upset about losing the unique stacking bonuses they provide on gear some of us have had for over 10 years -

Vet players will have large slotted items that were exceedingly rare and sought after for years - I understand youre removing the system but to completely devalue the items with the worst current aug slot seems like a massive finger to the veteran player base.

I am upset about it.
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 07-15-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Community Member

Default Zawabi's Revenge Epic 20th rewards

What's happening with the Zawabi's Revenge Epic 20th rewards as these contain shards? Good time to convert this to runes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    Items that had Guild Augment slots now have a Colorless Augment Slot in its place.

I still disagree that a colorless aug slot covers the different types of guild aug slots

Tiny
    Small
    Medium
    Large

the Medium and Large - especially large slots - were rare - and sought after and were bought and sold for plat and astral shards way above the cost of a colorless aug slot that essentially is the worst slot for an augment.

The converted items should be green or at least yellow slots - since some of us still use the guild augs and are upset about losing the unique stacking bonuses they provide on gear some of us have had for over 10 years -

Vet players will have large slotted items that were exceedingly rare and sought after for years - I understand youre removing the system but to completely devalue the items with the worst current aug slot seems like a massive finger to the veteran player base.

I am upset about it.
    I'd have to agree, even with a double slotted item, if one is clear the item usually just goes to a vendor.
    I propose:
    Jet or Scintillating slots- Fits any augment; If it's a ruby augment, it acts as a guard on equipped items (Helm, goggles, armor, etc)? TBH, given the rarity of activation for a meteoric ruby's cometfall, it would be far from overpowering, but fun when it did happen.
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

hey i know you guys are working stupid hard on this stuff

godspeed
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Spamming casters - Thank You. Really hope this applies to a certain red named AoE spammer at the end of a "newer" adventure.
    The Abby - Leave our fun alone. We liked RL. Quit updating it so we hate it. Find a new job if ruining our enjoyment is your goal.
    Scaling - You'll get it correct, eventually. Especially Tower of Frost. Codovan deserves to be immortalized in a positive light.
    ADQ - Holey moley this is awesome to read! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Someone buy the dev who "got this across the finish line" a beer, coffee, or drink! If you come to the PNW I'll do it myself
    Clearly the devs haven't had a dance party in the abbey or they'd leave it alone.

Community Member

Default DOwn you go

I just did Down You Go out in Salt Marsh . I did it on Epic but got level 3 blue loot at the end. It was the silver pocket watch level 3 .

Fun quest btw.. I liked at hated the jumping up all those platforms going up. Kinda reminded me of the movie Remo Williams... Drawback to that quest, as much lag as we have on the live servers. I can forsee people getting angry because they will keep missing the jumps. Atleast you all got levels in there to drop ladders so you dont have to jump from the beginning again.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Quote Originally Posted by cmecu View Post
    I just did Down You Go out in Salt Marsh . I did it on Epic but got level 3 blue loot at the end. It was the silver pocket watch level 3 .
    I think that's the new epic/legendary loot paradigm. You'll get base items and some amount of upgrade mats based on difficulty.

I like saltmarsh except for the jumping.

Overall it will be a good update on live, I just don't like HW, AT ALL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast