Community Member

Default Should past lives be level gated

Past lives and a healthy FRIENDS list are the biggest bonus I have over new players. Every other bonus new players are able to buy through the DDO Store or through farming. Heck, any more people don't even have to run "BAD" lives now, because of all the wishes for sale!

Should I be able to carry a dagger into water works, and obliterate a whole room of kobolds in one swing? Only because Colors of the Queen procs?
    Should I really have all this PRR and MRR and extra speed at level 1?

Should I be able to send tells to friends to help me with quests where I need levers pulled, or hands in the chest? I propose that if my Friends list were deleted each life, players might be posting more and making new friends.

Another suggestion that might be helpful to new players (or to lower the power-creep) is when I pull and item from my TR cache that it loses one random stat! This way I only have limited uses for the item and then I would be "encouraged" to farm for that item again.

Just some quick thoughts because some of us don't mind working or paying for items and power, only to have them nerfed and sold back to us later. It's for the love of the game. So I am encouraging others to add to the list.

Nice trolling. 9/10 for effort.

Community Member

Talking

I suggest adding more realism to true reincarnation by having the character come back as a newborn then make the player wait 20 years to start playing him. Immersion, right?

Epic pls at level 1 is pretty powerful but there nuking epics not heroics you might have a point for heroics
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

Absolutely. The sooner this game crashes now, the better.

Community Member Peter_Principle's Avatar

Level gate levels. Whatever level you are, you can't be more levels than that.

Coming soon to the store, Wish of Tautology.
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadospawn View Post
    I suggest adding more realism to true reincarnation by having the character come back as a newborn then make the player wait 20 years to start playing him. Immersion, right?

Also, all your items go to your last characters estate, and you have to go to probate court and provide documentation of reincarnation to unlock your TR cache

Unless of course you go to the store and buy a Wish for Power of Attorney lol

Community Member

Default Bring back level tokens

They seem like they want to make leveling a crawl, I say bring back the leveling tokens those were alot of fun right.

No more grouping with friends, the RNG gods smiled on them they got there tokens you do have yours, catch you next life or maybe level when the RNG god dont smile on them.

Community Member

A frontal lobotomy might be a better idea as knowledge of quests is far more important and powerful than past lives.

Community Member

Wipe the live servers like hardcore but every month. That will make for a much smaller power gap between players, especially those that play several hours daily vs a few hours every weekend.

This thread is full of good suggestions, great job everyone.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

We move too fast, level gate movement speed at 5% current speed per heroic level. At epic levels, start going the other way again, -5% per epic level.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

They're already level gated; you've got to be level 21 (or 31 respectively) at the least for your 1st past life. Some of those past live feats are gated behind requiring one to be close to a thousand levels high. Just need to modify the LFM tab to show our actually total character levels... </ducks>

With the huge change in eliminating ED's and replacing them with something else, just change a few more things and call it DDO2. Then have us make all new accounts and start over in the new game, win-win.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

I was thinking ability scores should be level gated - I mean is a lvl 1 really as strong as a lvl 2 character?
    Isn't the 'leveling up' part the character discovering strength - getting smarter, faster, more charismatic?

I think maybe regardless of what your stats are we should be gated @ lvl 1 to start with 3 in all stats - then by lvl 20
    you can have your 18 strength. If you want your 20 strength you need to go get some epic levels.

They could also gate hitpoints and mana too

wait - isnt the whole D&D system that gygax cooked up just one big gate?

Whoaa
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 06-20-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    We move too fast, level gate movement speed at 5% current speed per heroic level. At epic levels, start going the other way again, -5% per epic level.
    exactly - my quiver of alacrity should be gated to only grant me 1% per level up to lvl 30 -

GATE LOGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe U51 will be labeled DDO-Gate
    and everything will be gated - even broccoli juice - you can only buy 3 at a time at lvl 1 because such a lowbie would be overcome by too much broccoli juice
    Last edited by Dark_Lord_Mary; 06-20-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Kiting mobs is OP
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

am i really reading what i am reading ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1cebeast View Post
    Another suggestion that might be helpful to new players (or to lower the power-creep) is when I pull and item from my TR cache that it loses one random stat! This way I only have limited uses for the item and then I would be "encouraged" to farm for that item again.
    Well just follow the logic. Every time you reincarnate, a random past life should be removed from your character.
    Arlandina / Bayanessa / Smallsword of Argonnessen