Community Member

Default Max Practical Destiny Points

I realized there's a possible problem with this iteration of the Destiny system and the stated plans to increase the level cap to 40 (which I still think should be reconsidered). At some point you'll just run out of useful things to spend your Destiny Points on, when you're limited to 3 trees and 1 T5. You can keep spending more points, but it's only on fluff skills or things that dont really benefit your playstyle.

If you estimate it at 36 points for the T5s and cores in your primary tree, and maybe 24 for the T4s and cores in your secondary trees, that ballparks the max number around 84. That's well above the ~60something you can get right now...but once the level cap goes up to 40, then you'll get 80 Destiny Points just from 20 level ups, plus the base 8 from Fate Points for unlocking all the Destinies.

That means there's not really much benefit to unlocking more DP through EPLs or Epic Comp, and really devalues Destiny Tomes as well. It'll let you reach the max value a few levels earlier, maybe, but that's about it. Once you reach cap, you'll have more points than you actually care to spend.

They will have to start adding universal destinies and racial destinies, of course they will add epic-racial TRs, and legendary-epic-racial TRs, so it might be a wash in the end anyways.

I wouldn't be surprised if sometime down the line they add a 4th legendary tree that becomes available at level 30+. I have no clue if that's the direction they'd go, but I could see something like that existing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    They will have to start adding universal destinies and racial destinies, of course they will add epic-racial TRs, and legendary-epic-racial TRs, so it might be a wash in the end anyways.
    Translation .......My breaking point

Just more **** for them to pander to the masses after the fact.

Community Member

Maybe at levels 31+, you can pick up 4th and 5th tree, or you can go T5 in multiple trees...