Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: U51 changes

Quote Originally Posted by Mininin67 View Post
    This is my opinion, but i am wondering if they are trying to have people leave so they can shut down the game.

Back when the ED changes are coming was leaked there were a bunch of threads and the biggest concern i remember was please do not level gate.

Not only are they level gating, they are taking almost all the useful abilities and either nuking them from Orbit IE meld, or gating behind T5 and nerfing for any build they do not want to use IE Dire Charge will now be STR, Con or Dex based DC, sorry other than my first life i have not played a STR, Con or Dex based melee.

There is so much more wrong with these Ed changes that it is hard to organize my thoughts.
    SSG devs should remember what happened with D&D 4 edition, when devs completely changed the style of the game and players hated it. SSG should remember that they are not as powerful a company as WOTC, so losing a significant portion of their customers can be much more damaging to them than 4Ed was to WOTC.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

I think it's time to admit that HC and Covid have extended the life of the game beyond what it would have been otherwise. I had left in 2017 and came back for specifically those reasons. HC at least is a good idea.

It bothers me that the game runners seem bent on actively throwing what they have away. There must be part of their agenda that they aren't telling us, like how this all ties in with the raise of the level cap. I really can't see what they've done here beyond seeking out the most popular and effective things in the current system and deleting all of them.

I am imagining what is going to happen to Fatesinger, which is all about the Hymns and Turn of the Tide. If this pattern holds, they'll all be gone. No other epic moment has survived, after all.

At this point I can't imagine what can save this, apart from a giant "never mind," which I doubt very much will happen.

I think I'm going to get my two actively leveling characters back to 30, hopefully before U51 goes to prod, and I guess transfer my HC IV character out, and then I dunno. At least the gyms are opening back up, maybe I can go grind some "xp" there with my newly freed time.

Default Epic destini should be more class focused

Make Epic destini class focused , make it more if you need and stop with this thing you doing now...

its just bad...

i understand that you do this nerf bc you want to add more lvl and you need to prep ppl for it but still this is just wrong

if you want to do destini that will be good for all it will just suck insted make more of them that are just more class/combat/spells focused

insted of making shadowdancer some strange assasin-necro-illusion c--p make it full assasin...

ect ect

another example is primal avater you guys want to change ed taht we can take 3 ed's now so why for the love of god you mix caster enh's with 2wf in it... why!? do you still rly think ppl will take him if they got magister/draconic/exalted for caster or LD/Fury/shadowdancer for melee? ppl that use primal avatar are new ppl or few ppl who did build for it and its like 2-3 ppl per server or less
    Leader of Radical Dreamers
    Character's:
    Kylerr Past life's 156/156 Reaper ap 159
    Artiemis Past life's 156/156 Reaper ap 82

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    with D&D 4 edition, when devs completely changed the style of the game and players hated it.
    [Citation needed]

Nerfs of single abilities to compensate for allowing more than one tree investment.

Also level gated. Get those ETRs done now folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    [Citation needed]
    There was a sizeable portion of D&D players who hated 4th Edition. That's really the only reason Pathfinder come into existence, and then began to out-sell D&D. Those of us who lived through it don't need citations, but it's not hard to find multiple such if you bother looking at all. If anyone is too lazy to look for themselves, here's one that talks some about it, and links to more.

https://www.wired.com/2012/01/5th-ed...s-and-dragons/

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    I think it's time to admit that HC and Covid have extended the life of the game beyond what it would have been otherwise. I had left in 2017 and came back for specifically those reasons. HC at least is a good idea.

It bothers me that the game runners seem bent on actively throwing what they have away. There must be part of their agenda that they aren't telling us, like how this all ties in with the raise of the level cap. I really can't see what they've done here beyond seeking out the most popular and effective things in the current system and deleting all of them.

I am imagining what is going to happen to Fatesinger, which is all about the Hymns and Turn of the Tide. If this pattern holds, they'll all be gone. No other epic moment has survived, after all.

At this point I can't imagine what can save this, apart from a giant "never mind," which I doubt very much will happen.

I think I'm going to get my two actively leveling characters back to 30, hopefully before U51 goes to prod, and I guess transfer my HC IV character out, and then I dunno. At least the gyms are opening back up, maybe I can go grind some "xp" there with my newly freed time.
    What? You dont like them taking back some of the power creep we earned, to turn around and "sell" it back to us under the guise of improving the system and level cap increases? We are going to have to re-earn what we currently have because of lack of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    What? You dont like them taking back some of the power creep we earned, to turn around and "sell" it back to us under the guise of improving the system and level cap increases? We are going to have to re-earn what we currently have because of lack of imagination.
    ^This exactly.

I don't have the time for it but has anyone thought to tabulate out exactly how many epic moments/features have been nerfed or removed? Let alone that people have access to them right now at 20 if they filled in their chosen destiny on a previous life and now won't be able to access whatever remains until level 30 in the new system.

Its going to be funny if people take inventory of their character power at 20 right now and another "snapshot" of their character so to speak at 20 after the changes, and again at 30 and realize exactly how much is being lost. Well not funny Haha but bittersweet funny.

Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    Really, where all this sense of entitlement comes from?
    Uhm. I know you aren't addressing me but I'm sure a great deal of the upset comes from the FACT that people BOUGHT epic destinies, SPENT time leveling them, and possibly SPENT more money on XP potions, epic Ottos boxes, and other items to cross and fill-in their destinies and earn fate points for twists. People are often displeased to have power removed from them that they've purchased and made an effort to earn already. That's NOT entitlement. Entitlement is expecting some benefit you didn't earn or pay for... kind of the opposite.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Uhm. I know you aren't addressing me but I'm sure a great deal of the upset comes from the FACT that people BOUGHT epic destinies, SPENT time leveling them, and possibly SPENT more money on XP potions, epic Ottos boxes, and other items to cross and fill-in their destinies and earn fate points for twists. People are often displeased to have power removed from them that they've purchased and made an effort to earn already. That's NOT entitlement. Entitlement is expecting some benefit you didn't earn or pay for... kind of the opposite.
    I am a terrible over-user of analogies so forgive me if this pushes it too far.

You wouldn’t expect to buy a new car, drive it for a couple of hundred thousands miles then expect it to be replaced by the same car, brand new. You (and really I mean ‘one’ not singling you out!) still had all the value and fun from EDs, will still have them in a new form (a brand new electric car!) and will have a driving experience more designed for the future where gas cars are not fit for purpose.

I see this as exactly the kind of value the team should be adding (long-standing QOL issues not withstanding). This is progress to a bright new future! (TM).

Hap

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    And I'm so glad they were changed. The old enhancements were terrible.

I'm not convinced the ED changes are bad. They need work, but it sounds like it has potential. Maybe it'll make the game more fun than this mindless nonsense it's been for years.
    If it makes it so that destiny is a player choice instead of being pigeonholed into the one that works with your build it will be an improvement.

In the derogatory context that it’s been used here yes but, still entitlement just the same when earned.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post

You wouldn’t expect to buy a new car, drive it for a couple of hundred thousands miles then expect it to be replaced by the same car, brand new. You (and really I mean ‘one’ not singling you out!) still had all the value and fun from EDs, will still have them in a new form (a brand new electric car!) and will have a driving experience more designed for the future where gas cars are not fit for purpose.

I see this as exactly the kind of value the team should be adding (long-standing QOL issues not withstanding). This is progress to a bright new future! (TM).

Hap
    Thanks, I applaud you!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    After carefully reading most of the changes i came away with this excat thought ...............take away power we earned via pots ..time etc ......im still super sour on the seasons pass RIP OFF and now this and suffering through lag ...im in deep thoughts as i leave for work .......why just why

Community Member

Thank you ....his comment was and is so off base .....

Community Member

Default EPIC MEh..................

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    13 official threads, going to take me a while to let all of that sink in.

Also, some epic destinies are getting changed while others are not?
    Or are the others coming in a nexxt preview?
    If stated somewhere, sorry did not read everything yet, as well that is a truckload of changes to process....

More then 13 threads, Really rough reading. consume meh....meld.Wierd? really??......meh/.. meh.... Shiradi tree.............really meh...soooo many MEH... tea with the Queen?......(activate at shrine only...)...........MEHHHHHH......moments in the EPIC Destinies Changes we might as well call it U51 the AGE ...MEH?

Community Member

I just read over most of the destinys and really dont like the changes. But, having said that, what I really dont like is that we will get xtra destiny points depending on how many twist points we have now, I think the forumla is 1 destiny point per 3 twist points? So, that means that a totally maxxed out uber will get many more than everyone else, and to make it worse, a new player wont get any xtra destiny points because they will never have the chance to get twist points. In other words, "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" Real good way to attract new players and retain some of the newer players here now. Good job devs :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    I just read over most of the destinys and really dont like the changes. But, having said that, what I really dont like is that we will get xtra destiny points depending on how many twist points we have now, I think the forumla is 1 destiny point per 3 twist points? So, that means that a totally maxxed out uber will get many more than everyone else, and to make it worse, a new player wont get any xtra destiny points because they will never have the chance to get twist points. In other words, "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" Real good way to attract new players and retain some of the newer players here now. Good job devs :-)

Well looks like it.. go go rub the noobs out of the game, especially now a gated system that is so so much slog, if you havent got the EDs done. Adreniline at 20 wheras Hunts end at lvl30? w.t.f?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post

Hap
    I also don’t want to after 5 years of paying for a car have the dealer remove the air conditioning to later sell back to me as an upgrade.

I certainly don’t want to go out of my way to buy any car that performs worse than what I’m currently driving, electric or otherwise.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    There is nothing in the new system that a new player who starts in Epics after these changes could not earn. Furthermore, after these changes you will not need Karma to Epic Reincarnate, which will make the Epic Reincarnation process more streamlined than it was before, as you will not be forced to play in an off-destiny. You will also not need to level up a destiny to unlock different destinies, as all trees will be unlocked for you at level 20.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast