Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default U51 Early Preview: Epic Destiny Revamp: Grandmaster of Flowers

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello folks! This is part of the Epic Overhaul. If you haven't read our Overview post and its companion info post, please do that first before reading this!

Core Abilities:

1. Inner Focus (level 20): You gain proficiency with Handwraps, and are able to generate Ki if you did not already have that ability. Each Core Ability in this tree, including this one, grants the following: +10 Melee Power, +6 Ranged Power, and +25 Maximum Ki.
    2. Disciple of Material (level 23): Select a Material Type. Your weapons bypass the chosen material type. Regardless of your choice you gain +5 Physical Resistance Rating, or +10 if you have the Discipline feat.
      • Adamantine
      • Byeshk
      • Cold Iron
      • Crystal
      • Silver
    3. Disciple of Morality (level 26): Select an Alignment. Your weapons bypass the chosen alignment. Regardless of your choice you gain +5 Magical Resistance Rating, or +10 if you have the Discipline feat.
      • Chaotic
      • Evil
      • Good
      • Lawful

Tier 1 (requires level 20):

• Strike with Poise: +2/4/6 Stunning DCs
    • Serenity: Grandmaster of Flowers Destiny Mantle: You may now fight with the Unarmed combat style as if you were a Monk. When you attack with Handwraps or begin falling, you will use the Monk class' animations instead of your own. You gain a +10% Action Boost bonus to movement speed, and no longer take damage from falling.
    • Disciple's Studies: +1/2/3 Heal, Intimidate, and Bluff. +3/6/9 Healing Amplification.
    • Grandmaster Builders: Multiselector
      • Bring into Focus: Martial Builder Focus inwards to gain 2d6 Ki and one Martial Charge. You also gain +5 Spell Resistance, with an additional +1 for each point of Passive Ki Regeneration you have for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 6 seconds.
      • Lily Petal: Martial Builder Fire a bolt of pure Ki outwards, dealing 1d6+6 Force damage per character level, scaling with Force spellpower. The force damage is doubled versus Tainted Creatures (Undead, Abberations, Evil Outsiders). Attempts to Stun for 2 seconds, DC 20 + highest ability modifier + Stunning bonuses. Grants 5 Ki and a Martial Charge when activated. Cooldown: 6 seconds.
    • Enlightenment: +15/30/45 Maximum Ki and +2/4/6 Concentration. Rank 3: +1 passive Ki Generation.

Tier 2 (requires level 20):

• Calm before Storms: +3/6/10 Spell Resistance. Each Martial Charge now grants +1 to all Saving Throws.
    • Grandmaster Spenders: Multiselector
      • Drifting Lotus: Martial Spender: Melee Cleave Attack: +3/4/5W, +1/2/3 Critical Threat and Multiplier. Deals 1d6+5 Force damage per character level to all enemies struck. This force damage is doubled versus Tainted Creatures (Evil Outsiders + any Favored Enemies you may have). If 3+ Martial Charges are consumed, this also attempts to stun all enemies struck for 6 seconds, DC20 + highest ability score modifier + stunning bonuses. Activation Cost: 30 Ki. Cooldown: 25 seconds.
      • Ki Projection: Martial Spender: Channel pure Ki into yourself, and then project it forward with your attacks. For 10 seconds, your basic attacks are replaced by pure Ki Projections that deal 1d6+6 Force damage per Character Level. The duration of this ability is increased by 3/4/5 seconds for each Martial Charge consumed. If 3 or more Martial Charges are consumed, you will release a blast of pure Ki when you activate this ability, dealing 1d6+5 Force damage to all enemies nearby and attempting to Stun all enemies struck for 6 seconds, DC20 + highest ability score modifier + stunning bonuses. Activation Cost: 25 Ki. Cooldown: 25 seconds.
      • Orchid Blossom: Martial Spender: A blossom is released from your palm in a line, exploding when it makes contact, dealing 1d6+5 Force damage per character level scaling with Force Spellpower to all enemies within. The force damage is double versus Tainted Creatures (Undead, Abberations, Evil Outsiders). If 3+ Martial Charges are consumed, also attempts to Stun all enemies struck, DC20 + highest Ability Score modifier + stunning bonuses. Stun lasts 2 seconds. Grants 25 Ki when used. Cooldown: 25 seconds.
    • Meditate: You gain the Meditation feat. +1/2/3 Meditate charges. Meditation now recharges at a rate of 1 per 180/150/120 seconds.
    • Wholeness of Spirit: You may expend a meditate charge to bring your mind, body, and soul into harmonious balance, restoring health as if you were affected by the benefits of a Heal spell, as well as curing all ability damage, negative levels, and other Adverse Conditions that may be affecting you. Cooldown: 3/2/1 minutes.
    • Hail of Blows: +5% Offhand Strike chance, +3% doublestrike and doubleshot.

Tier 3 (requires level 23):

• Strength of Stone: +5/10/15 Maximum Hitpoints, +2/4/6 Physical Resistance Rating.
    • The Flickering Flame: +1/2/3 to hit and damage. Rank 3: On hit, and upon being missed, you have a 10% chance to gain a Martial Charge. This may only happen once every 10 seconds, but can trigger independently, and these track their cooldowns separately.
    • A Dance of Flowers: While in the Grandmaster Destiny Mantle, your weapons gain +1W.
    • Lotus Blades: Select a feat to gain access to without meeting its prerequisites. Multiselector:
      • Long Sword: You gain the effects of the Whirling Steel Strike feat, and may use Longswords as if they were Ki weapons.
      • Deflection: You gain the Deflect Arrows feat, letting you knock aside one projectile every 6 seconds.
      • Longbow: You gain the effects of the Zen Archery feat, and may use Longbows as if they were Ki weapons.
      • Sickle: You gain the effects of the Prescient Curve feat, and may use Sickles as if they were Ki weapons.
    • Balance in All Things: While centered, you may tumble through enemies, and are immune to slippery surfaces and most forms of knockdown. +1 Martial Charge cap

Tier 4 (requires level 26):

• Flow of Water: +1/2/3 Saving Throws, you take 5/10/15% less damage while Helpless.
    • Piercing Clarity: Your attacks bypass 5/10/15% of enemy Fortification. Rank 2: Your attacks have Ghost Touch. Rank 3: You have True Seeing.
    • Chase Perfection: Select a form of perfection. Multiselector:
      • Perfection of Body: You no longer fail Fortitude saves automatically on a natural 1.
      • Perfection of Mind: You no longer fail Will saves automatically on a natural 1.
      • Perfection of Soul: You no longer fail Reflex saves automatically on a natural 1.
    • Catch the Wind: +1/2/3% Dodge chance and +2/4/6 Max Dex bonus with all armor. Rank 3: You gain the Slippery Mind feat.
    • Serene Mercy: While in the Grandmaster of Flowers Destiny Mantle, you deal +5/10/15% bonus damage to the Helpless.

Tier 5 (requires level 30):

• Beyond the Center: +5/10/15 Magical Resistance Rating Cap.
    • Imposing Force: While centered, when rolling a 19 or 20 on an attack, your critical multiplier is increased by +1.
    • A Scattering of Petals: Initial Ki Cost: 30. Reduces your Ki Regen by 50. You and nearby allies are covered by a swirling cloud of petals, granting you the effects of Petal Storm and debuffing your enemies with Disorienting Petals. This ends naturally after 1 minute or whenever you drop below 25 Ki. This storm moves with you and enemies and allies that enter or leave its effects will gain or lose its buffs or debuffs. Petal Storm buff: You have full Base Attack Bonus, deal 10% more weapon damage, and gain +10 Physical Resistance Rating and Armor Class. Disorienting Petals debuff: Enemies with this debuff become vulnerable to sneak attacks and lose 100% Fortification. Cooldown: 1 Minute.
    • Elude the Veil: You gain the effects of the Elusive Target feat, and if you have it already, it instead has double the chance to occur. +3% dodge, +1% dodge cap.
    • Balanced Attacks: +1/2/3 Tactical DCs, +1 Passive Ki generation. Rank 3: While dual wielding, you gain: On Vorpal: Knock down an enemy for 2 seconds. Knocked down enemies are Helpless.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 06-15-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Default No more Everything is Nothing?

Kind of sad to see Everything is Nothing gone. But I can also understand that it was a strong ability and can be hard to balance with other T5s and ED mixes.

At least I still got Drifitng Lotus, even with Higher Cost, Martial Charge requirement, Higher Cooldown and 6 second Stun instead of the Knockdown. Does this Stun also give Helpless Damage?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Forcystus View Post
    Kind of sad to see Everything is Nothing gone. But I can also understand that it was a strong ability and can be hard to balance with other T5s and ED mixes.

At least I still got Drifitng Lotus, even with Higher Cost, Martial Charge requirement, Higher Cooldown and 6 second Stun instead of the Knockdown. Does this Stun also give Helpless Damage?
    Everything is Nothing is still slated to be in the ED System... just not in this tree. And yes, all Stuns in this tree grant Helplessness.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

I took the second core: Your weapons bypass the chosen material type. I chose Adamantine. Neither my handaxe (nor my buckler) gained Adamantine DR bypass. Bug? Or isn't it supposed to apply to all weapons? Then maybe description needs fixing.

I did not get Chaos from this core either.
    Last edited by cru121; 06-15-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Everything is Nothing is still slated to be in the ED System... just not in this tree. And yes, all Stuns in this tree grant Helplessness.
    Buh where else would it be....new legendary feats? Also, I like the concept but I think the tree needs some force spellpower, or to be force damage that scales with melee power or something.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Its going to take a while for all the changes to sink in, but this one looks like the weakest by far.

Live GMOF monk currently has EIN, lotus, direcharge and scattering of petals.
    So I lose direcharge and EIN, and lotus gets nerfed only for a small buff to scattering of petals? Might be useful as a raid de-buffer, but otherwise I see no reason not to just use a stronger destiny and "new-twist" up to tier 3 abilities.
    Thelanis

Community Member

I brought my swashbuckler to lama. I took the sickle centering ability. As soon as I equip the sickle, it says I am not centered.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Lynnabel,

I wanted to comment on this thread. I am trying to be constructive, but these changes leave a lot to be desired. I really took a look at this, and it is bar none, the worst nerf I have ever seen to monks. DPS and Instakills have been completely destroyed

worst 3
    Moving dire charge into LD tier 5 vs a feat - this is a terrible idea, and completely wrecks monks
    Removing mass frog as a feat - it looks lie its in Primal avatar - moved no less to further bury monks
    With the removal of EIN from GMOF, you are neutering my monk.

I am utterly disappointed in what is being done. I see nothing in GMOF that resembles my playstyle any longer. DPS and install kills are gone. Very sad.

High level notes:

Nerfs:
    You have removed +1W from the old GMOF (used to be able to get +2)
    Doublestrike potential reduced by 6% from 9% in old GMOF to 3%
    Melee Power has been decreased to +30 from +60 in old GMOF
    Dodge reduced from 6% in old GMOF to 3%
    Removal of EIN (6 mobs instakill)
    Removal of Mass Frog (wis based instakill)
    Haste Boost removed from LD - i truly hope this is just an error. you just killed melee if this is the case

A Scattering of Petals: Initial Ki Cost: 30. Reduces your Ki Regen by 50. You and nearby allies are covered by a swirling cloud of petals, granting you the effects of Petal Storm and debuffing your enemies with Disorienting Petals. This ends naturally after 1 minute or whenever you drop below 25 Ki. This storm moves with you and enemies and allies that enter or leave its effects will gain or lose its buffs or debuffs. Petal Storm buff: You have full Base Attack Bonus, deal 10% more weapon damage, and gain +10 Physical Resistance Rating and Armor Class. Disorienting Petals debuff: Enemies with this debuff become vulnerable to sneak attacks and lose 100% Fortification. Cooldown: 1 Minute. - this one seems to be a nerfed version of what we had before

Buffs:
    Fortification bypass can now be 15% as opposed to 10% from old GMOF - this is meh in the grand scheme of things
    Stunning potential increases to +6 vs. +3 in old GMOF - this is meh in the grand scheme of things
    MRR Cap: +5/10/15 Magical Resistance Rating Cap - I'd make it +5/10/20

Other:

+1/2/3 Saving Throws, you take 5/10/15% less damage while Helpless

Imposing Force: While centered, when rolling a 19 or 20 on an attack, your critical multiplier is increased by +1. same

Balanced Attacks: +1/2/3 Tactical DCs, +1 Passive Ki generation. Rank 3: While dual wielding, you gain: On Vorpal: Knock down an enemy for 2 seconds. Knocked down enemies are Helpless. This is a poor man's Dire Charge if you ask me.

I am really at a loss guys. Help me want to stay playing the game I love please.

Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    I wanted to comment on this thread. I am trying to be constructive, but these changes leave a lot to be desired. I really took a look at this, and it is bar none, the worst nerf I have ever seen to monks. DPS and Instakills have been completely destroyed

worst 3
    Moving dire charge into LD tier 5 vs a feat - this is a terrible idea, and completely wrecks monks
    Removing mass frog as a feat - it looks lie its in Primal avatar - moved no less to further bury monks
    With the removal of EIN from GMOF, you are neutering my monk.
    I'm not against the direcharge/mass frog changes, but I agree with the sentiment. One of the stated goals of the ED revamp was to make destinies more a playstyle choice. GMOF on live is currently the lower dps, high cc/ein destiny. Its now the low CC/no ein tree; a complete inversion of its playstyle.
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Serenity: Grandmaster of Flowers Destiny Mantle: You may now fight with the Unarmed combat style as if you were a Monk. When you attack with Handwraps or begin falling, you will use the Monk class' animations instead of your own. You gain a +10% Action Boost bonus to movement speed, and no longer take damage from falling.
    Compared with the other Mantles, this is a joke, and the Monk, the class that this tree is related to, gets nothing but a 10% movement speed boost.

In other trees, 3/4s of the Mantle is not giving other classes the same abilities as the related class(es) associated with the Destiny.

This Mantle aside the tree overall is still just meh.
    It has always been significantly subpar to every other destiny tree that is decent or better fro melee, and looking at this preview that is not really changing.
    Being not quite average for a monk, I do not see it being worth more than jack or **** to anyone but a monk.
    The monk class is just too unique in its mechanics for a tree that really benefits Monks to be worth much to other classes if you are actively trying to keep its boost to the Monk class below the other trees already.

Second, everything has been made a stun.
    Stun does not affect undead and constructs, which are all over the place
    As of now, GMoF has blind and knockdown which affect everything, and that is the only thing that makes its control tolerable.
    Despite the increase in stuns, this change is a serious gutting to the trees control abilities.
    Even now, the enhanced control, the heavy SR boost, and EIN are really the only things that make GMoF worth using.

I know that Lynnabel stated that Lynnabel wanted the monk removed an hates the class (post since removed after backlash I believe), but does that apply to all the dev team as well?

Community Member

Default So what about non-shintao monks?

This tree assumes all monks are shintao builds. Is the thought that ninjas will got to Shadowdancer (primarily) and splash here and Henshins will go somewhere else and also splash?

Will Drifiting Lotus still be aoe or is it being converted to strictly a cleave? If it is just a cleave, that's a big nerf.

So I’m on lam
    Dl the content, need to sticky choose custom for new file location
    Kudos that it took fast, took a character copy, and now I’m standing in the market on the lam

No caster trees fail. I’m on kil as alchemist

As for monk
    I lose EIN
    I LOSE MASS FROG
    I LOSE DIRE CHARGE
    I LOSE DRIFTING LOTUS
    I LOSE STATS

JFC I LOSE

WHY WOULD I PLAY THIS?
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    I lose EIN
    I LOSE MASS FROG
    I LOSE DIRE CHARGE
    I LOSE DRIFTING LOTUS
    I LOSE STATS

JFC I LOSE

WHY WOULD I PLAY THIS?
    Exactly how I feel.

I was hoping this "revamp" would address the flaws gimping my favorite class.

It looks like it is making it absolutely useless now
    Last edited by Cernunan; 06-15-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Community Member

The Good:

More movement speed
    Wholeness of spirit has a shorter cooldown
    MRR cap increase

The Bad:

Drifting Lotus has a longer cooldown and is no longer a knockdown?
    No more EiN
    Tier 4 and 5 needs some more punch, t4 feels especially weak compared to other options
    Locked out of Dire Charge

Mostly looks like a repackaging of the old GMoF but worse. Monks need more AoE options not less and if you're giving me less than my single target damage needs to go up a fair bit. An example of something interesting have Ki finishers trigger a 10-15 second 30% haste boost once every 30 seconds aka a flurry of blows since you're removing it from Legendary Dreadnought.

Community Member

Am I the only one that gets that everyone will have three destinies available to put points in plus twists from the other trees you do not?
    You are not stuck to one destiny...
    Level 30 seems to no longer be cap...(or at least more points are available past 30)
    We are going to have hybrid heroes all over the dern place lol
    Any nerfs seem to coincide with tangled fate lines...which will only empower you.
    Read the notes first like was suggested.
    My opinion this is a really cool idea to create A LOT of diversity of players and playstyle.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 06-15-2021 at 06:32 PM.
    Main Characters: Korkoch the Cruel, Sylhuetta Sidhe...Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    Am I the only one that gets that everyone will have three destinies available to put points in plus twists from the other trees you do not?
    Twists are gone, they no longer exist.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Twists are gone, they no longer exist.
    exactly! Now, you cant take Dire Charge and Mass Frog at the same time...ever. They are both tier 5 abilities. We don't know what legendary lives will look like, or anything above lev 30, but until lev 30, this is pure garbage for monks and others that relied on these feats to stay in the game. I have basically all of the past lives, and I know I'll get to put points in other trees (3 max from what i read) plus have many additional points due to my past lives, but they have forced you into being in LD if you want dire charge, thus eliminating GMOF for me, which is not in great shape according to the notes...many nerfs...

sick to my stomach

Yeah I understand if you're disassociating classes with ED's

But I think Monks are in an awkward place, they're going to be going from lower tier DPS to lower tier DPS with less CC

Before we offer suggestion though on how to improve, what is the focus of this ED supposed to be in your eyes?

SD says it's supposed to be Illusion
    LD says it's about tactics
    DC says it's shield stuff
    FoW says its the TWF/THF damage one
    Shiradi is a ranged thing
    Primal Avatar is a caster centric ED now..

But not only does GMoF seem..weak, there's no "this is what we intend this ED to be.." in the intro. (Unless I missed it)

Again, ED pass so far looks terrible for Monks, but is this tree supposed to be for Monks? Or something else?

Community Member

In terms of what I can see going forward monks are now forced to primary LD, secondary shadow dancer for meld and maybe third GMoF for the heal. There is not enough sweet stuff at the top to want to primary it and be a walking flower petal buff/debuff. In raids it looks like you have to respec out of SD and GMoF to grab consecration for the aoe party heal and everyone now has to sit in whatever ends up with energy sheath for their third destiny. The death of twists is bad.

This revamp does exactly what they wanted.. to neuter the players that had many TR lives along with eliminating cherry picking twists from multiple trees.

Good for the players that have done little investment into epic destinies, bad for the maxxed completionists.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/39 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/48 , RP 95/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/48 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 35/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 30/48 , RP 88/158)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast