Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Crystal Cove - what did you get?

My first time running CC in a long time and I have to say it's a blast. I forgot how fun the theme is and working with the kobolds brought back some nostalgia. This is a small little gem in the game and whoever came up with the idea should be commended. I refreshed some of my old items and picked up a few new ones. My big purchase was the Glass Cannon. I also picked up a L8 Ship Siege bow. The description is cool and it has a nice crit profile. Could be interesting with Horizon Walker and lead into Unwavery Ardency well. Took the L12 Broken Oar. I've been kicking the tires on trying a monk/thief build for a monk past life. Finally, picked up the L4 Hammer. All the L4 weapons are fairly beefy. I like warhammers so this was a good fit, even if it's only for the collection. What caught everyone else's eye if they were doing this for the first time or were shopping for something they don't have?

I am Awesomesauce!

the level 4 cavalry plate

I think this is the best event ever done in DDO.

I have everything useful in it.

I ran it this year for first time exp bonus.

And maybe the pirate music.

Community Member

Level 16 hull melters mace and put a corrosion gem in it... with every boost to Acid and insightful fortification its a good toy for an Iconic Warlock after it levels. Not to mention the +2 conjuration added to my +4 from 2 cleric past lives to give Evards Black Tentacles a little more bite.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 06-14-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Main Characters: Korkoch the Cruel, Sylhuetta Sidhe...Thelanis

Level 4 drowned and ornamented dagger.

Community Member

My GF and I love this event also. This year we upgraded some older stuff (and kept some too, depending on the character's needs). Got another Greater Bold Trinket, some Cavalry Plate, a Captains cutter, a few more Buccaneers rings, spyglasses, and top level Leathers.

250 air elly gems.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    My first time running CC in a long time and I have to say it's a blast. I forgot how fun the theme is and working with the kobolds brought back some nostalgia. This is a small little gem in the game and whoever came up with the idea should be commended. I refreshed some of my old items and picked up a few new ones. My big purchase was the Glass Cannon. I also picked up a L8 Ship Siege bow. The description is cool and it has a nice crit profile. Could be interesting with Horizon Walker and lead into Unwavery Ardency well. Took the L12 Broken Oar. I've been kicking the tires on trying a monk/thief build for a monk past life. Finally, picked up the L4 Hammer. All the L4 weapons are fairly beefy. I like warhammers so this was a good fit, even if it's only for the collection. What caught everyone else's eye if they were doing this for the first time or were shopping for something they don't have?
    I have a ton of things from previous years so this year I just started making a healing potion for my main but it costs so many shards.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Default Nothing

Did not play this tired same ol same quest over and over to get a mediocre item

I got some of the new lv 4 items last CC so there was really nothing for me to bother with this time. Fan of the event but they need to lower the map cost, especially if it's open during HC.
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I have a ton of things from previous years so this year I just started making a healing potion for my main but it costs so many shards.
    As far as I can recall — the eternal flask of heal didn't even provide all the normal benefits of a heal spell. Or did that get changed?

Then there's the other issue of eternal flasks not having their cooldown reset upon shrining or completing the dungeon; which makes for some really awkward situations like not wanting to shrine before an end fight to maintain your flask's buff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLexi View Post
    As far as I can recall — the eternal flask of heal didn't even provide all the normal benefits of a heal spell. Or did that get changed?
    It provides a healing effect and a restoration effect.
    The flask removes one negative level.
    The heal spell removes conditions like blinded, diseased, poisoned, stunned, etc.

From Crystal Cove I have the Treasure Hunter's Spyglass (the old version), Brawling Gloves (new version, they proc without handwraps), Greater Stalwart Trinket, Eternal Flask of Rum, Ring of the Buccaneer (new version)
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Level 4 drowned and ornamented dagger.
    Same but at level 28, so i can have a placeholder in gear tetris while I farm raid gear on me cleric.

I do have lots of other stuff from the Cove, both new and old, but a lot of it is obsolete, sadly (weapons are fine but items are a bit meh).
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverash View Post
    I think this is the best event ever done in DDO.

I have everything useful in it.

I ran it this year for first time exp bonus.

And maybe the pirate music.
    Can't agree with you here. I really enjoy running the event, but I hate the time it takes to get to where the event is ready,. I wish the event was changed so it worked like the halloween event, where you kill mobs to get keys, and can run them once you get enough keys. Trying to gather the map pieces, when there are only 2-3 people doing it, makes it painful enough, that I don't bother running the event.

couple of L20 Ornamental Daggers for Sentient gems and ETRs.

Got like 5000+ green dragon shards sitting in the bank and do not know what else to make?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

3 deaths on HCL from CC lag.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Unlimited Bottle of Rum for all my toons which cannot heal themselves.

I rather get out of a quest with 25 health points than having to pay lots of repair costs.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

This is a small little gem in the game and whoever came up with the idea should be commended.
    Thanks!

It took many people's work to do this event. Takes a village to raise a child sorta deal. I wrote the first prototype dungeon with kobolds gathering crystals. But then it took off and had a life of its own with new fun systems, loots, portals and other variations, none of which happened magically in a vacuum, but as a result of work and patience of the team. Not to mention the voice actor nailed every line.

Quote Originally Posted by Abilbo View Post
    Can't agree with you here. I really enjoy running the event, but I hate the time it takes to get to where the event is ready,. I wish the event was changed so it worked like the halloween event, where you kill mobs to get keys, and can run them once you get enough keys. Trying to gather the map pieces, when there are only 2-3 people doing it, makes it painful enough, that I don't bother running the event.
    Was worse getting maps when it first came out, but more people played it back then cause the gear used to be good.

Never found any useful gear in mabar either when it first came out with the OG crazy dragon lagfest or now with the regular non-crazy lagfest.

But more first time exp in mabar, so I run it every year and sell mats or watch them melt in the bank.

(mabar music is not worth turning off the mute option, as a side note)

What'd you get?

I made a couple levels on the HCL, does that count as a 'something'?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast