Default Problem with Drow

Hey all. I've unlocked Drow on Khyber using favor. I thought that would unlock Drow everywhere, but when I tried to create a Drow on the hardcore server, it told me I had to purchase it from the store. Am I missing something?
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
    Hey all. I've unlocked Drow on Khyber using favor. I thought that would unlock Drow everywhere, but when I tried to create a Drow on the hardcore server, it told me I had to purchase it from the store. Am I missing something?
    It unlocks at 400 favor on individual servers. You can buy it for your account then you can use it on all servers without favor unlock.

Community Member

Favor unlocks are only on the server you did it on. Drow , favored soul , artificer, enhancement trees. You have to buy them if you want on another server
    Just awestruck, whether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub or that I can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef was 1 x heroic completionist now I need Alchemist (+I have few more heroic pl's) 1 x epic completionist, 1 iconic Shadar Kai x 3. Gnome+Drow x3 racial pl's.
    Server Thelanis x

Got it, that must have been my confusion. I thought it was unlocked account-wide. Thanks!
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    Favor unlocks are only on the server you did it on. Drow , favored soul , artificer, enhancement trees. You have to buy them if you want on another server
    Only HA is favor-unlocked on a per-server basis. All other Universal Enhancement Trees are favor-unlocked on a per-character basis (thankfully, persistent through reincarnations).
    Arlandina / Bayanessa / Smallsword of Argonnessen

The Wiki is your friend:

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Drow#Overview
    The Basics of DDO / "Select Adventure Pack" Sales & "How to choose an Adventure Pack"

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." Bill Murray

Lots of great suggestions above. As someone who started in August of 2020, here are my thoughts:
    1. Do try to get the 15 feathers you need to get a horse! A horse will help you get through wildernesses faster and safer to join with LFM groups. On the other hand, if you don't get it right away don't swear it; you don't need one.

2. DO look under the Social tab and then LFM (groups) to find a group. You can select a button to see groups in your level range. Click "Join." Then in Party tab tell them you are new to the game and need help finding the quest. Ask the to Share it.

3. Try to find a guild, preferably one that is open to newbies.

4. Wiki is helpful in terms of things like equipment, quests, maps for wilderness areas, etc.

5. If you join a LFM group and like the people, click on their name and then "Add Friend." That way you will see if they are on in the future and you can /Tell Name if they are on and ask if they would be open to partying up.