Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Not a fan of the mass resist SLA. Will be very good in heroics to get that at level 12 for the heroic TR crowd but for epics, seems mostly meh. If you really need say, fire resist when playing at cap, you'll be wearing an item that is greater than 35 that will override/won't stack with the resist. I really was hoping for Heal considering Beacon tree has it and iirc part of the reason as stated in a dev post was an attempt at parity with that tree.

As far as Martyrdom, just add it for free to one of the cores if you want it to be a thing for flavor. I think it is kinda cool from a flavor perspective. But practically, it's still not worth taking for anyone even for 1 AP that gives what 3 AP did before. An ability that only works on death is kinda cool thematically but not useful practically.

Disappointed that some abilities like radiant burst, divine healing and bliss weren't given some buffs other than AP reductions. I know this is intended to be a quick pass but does tweaking these numbers up a bit really require a lot of dev time?

Melee cleric enthusiasts like myself would really love a burst buff as we can get more use out of it than caster clerics, being near the melees more often and all. The healing we get out of it feels lacking.

Overall the AP reduction to many abilities in this pass was nice, but playing with the new tree on Lamannia I felt forced to take weak abilities just to get up to what I want in the higher tiers. Because the lower tier stuff in the tree is now cheaper, but remains weak.

Last thing and fairly minor but as I mentioned before Radiance needs a name change. Radiance already is the term for light spellpower boosts/light damage found on equipment. This is a defensive CC elimination spell so it's just confusing. I can come up with a bunch of potential new names if the devs want suggestions.
    Last edited by axel15810; 06-23-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Not a fan of the mass resist SLA. Will be very good in heroics to get that at level 12 for the heroic TR crowd but for epics, seems mostly meh. If you really need say, fire resist when playing at cap, you'll be wearing an item that is greater than 35 that will override/won't stack with the resist. I really was hoping for Heal considering Beacon tree has it and iirc part of the reason as stated in a dev post was an attempt at parity with that tree.

I agree that mass resist SLA is meh; but they (devs) also said long ago that they basically wanted Heal SLA only for BoH as RS already get so much healing potential.

As far as Martyrdom, just add it for free to one of the cores if you want it to be a thing for flavor. I think it is kinda cool from a flavor perspective. But practically, it's still not worth taking for anyone even for 1 AP that gives what 3 AP did before. An ability that only works on death is kinda cool thematically but not useful practically.

Agree that adding to the cores could free up some space to put a cooler new RS ability. Hopefully for future update.

Disappointed that some abilities like radiant burst, divine healing and bliss weren't given some buffs other than AP reductions. I know this is intended to be a quick pass but does tweaking these numbers up a bit really require a lot of dev time?

Melee cleric enthusiasts like myself would really love a burst buff as we can get more use out of it than caster clerics, being near the melees more often and all. The healing we get out of it feels lacking.

Semi-agree, would be cool add some other buffs. But from healing aspect you have more than enough to use that as well as ameliorating strike and a mass cure.

Overall the AP reduction to many abilities in this pass was nice, but playing with the new tree on Lamannia I felt forced to take weak abilities just to get up to what I want in the higher tiers. Because the lower tier stuff in the tree is now cheaper, but remains weak.

Last thing and fairly minor but as I mentioned before Radiance needs a name change. Radiance already is the term for light spellpower boosts/light damage found on equipment. This is a defensive CC elimination spell so it's just confusing. I can come up with a bunch of potential new names if the devs want suggestions.

Eh, minor for the enhancement name. But as the tree's "Shining" ability, seems apo pro (sp?) to have it play on the Enhancement tree name as well.
    Can you also be more specific in which higher tier enhancements you are looking for that is tougher to get due to the AP redux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    the main reason CMW is a bad SLA is that you get that with healing domain... kind of defeats the purpose
    However for multiclass it might work...if healing domain is not chosen.
    If they're on separate cooldowns though (which someone said they are) then I am all for it.
    Multiple CMWs that cost 2-6sp that I can freely metamagic up to being super strong?
    All on different cooldowns?

I'll take 5 to go please. Yes I want fries with that.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Default Balancing and turn Checks

Since you have the hood up on Mighty Turning and Improved Turning...

The U51 powercreep unwind (which I support) is going to effect turn checks. We haven't seen all the numbers so we can't analyze how it's going to work at various levels. It's going to be harder to get 50CHA on a cleric, though.

Turning, if you build for it and gear for it, can work quite well through mid-heroics. It's plausible that new players can make it work, and can be good for vets with developed toons.

Then, in epics, it both falls off a cliff and runs into a wall. Even decent items like the Hallowed Gauntlets (which were a good and needed step) don't seem to make up for the HD increases. Plus epic wards and turn wards (the HD are the cliff, the turn wards are the wall). But it suddenly becomes viable again at 29 in some content as gear finally catches up, except for the turn warded mobs.

I can't predict how the balancing will balance out, but there's an opportunity here- Improved turning could be +3/+6+/+9 (or more) rather than 2/4/6. Or you could add a turning bonus into the RS capstone if you don't want to overpower mid-heroic toons.

And the feat Improved Turning, which now only gives +1 level (so 1/2 an APs worth) could be adjusted. I like turning and build for it on my cleric, and the feat just isn't worthwhile. It'd need to be +4 or so before I'd consider taking that.

Also, you could make a Silver Flame augment in the new augment pass, to help with gearing.
    Don't be a figjam.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    the main reason CMW is a bad SLA is that you get that with healing domain... kind of defeats the purpose
    However for multiclass it might work...if healing domain is not chosen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    If they're on separate cooldowns though (which someone said they are) then I am all for it.
    Multiple CMWs that cost 2-6sp that I can freely metamagic up to being super strong?
    All on different cooldowns?
    Yup, they're on separate timers and for anyone who doesn't want 2x CMW SLAs then it opens up using a different domain. The idea that healers should run a heal tree + heal domain is really pigeonholing builds so having this SLA opens up more build options.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112