Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    30,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    I was going back and forth via email for over a year and a half trying to get back an account. She told me I got close to guessing the email used, but if I couldn't spell it exactly than she couldn't help me. So I should try again ?
    I mean, you do have to provide information that allows us to re-establish your credentials, and we can't provide hints or anything, but if you now know what that email address was or have other information that can be used to re-establish your credentials then it would not hurt to try again.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  2. #22
    Community Member mistress_minx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I mean, you do have to provide information that allows us to re-establish your credentials, and we can't provide hints or anything, but if you now know what that email address was or have other information that can be used to re-establish your credentials then it would not hurt to try again.
    I was able to name 3 of the characters, which server, and what guild. I also emailed copies of all my ID's to verify who I am. She still wouldnt help me recover the account :'(

  3. #23
    Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    I was able to name 3 of the characters, which server, and what guild. I also emailed copies of all my ID's to verify who I am. She still wouldnt help me recover the account :'(
    So if you emailed copies of your IDs, you have an e-mail address. Wouldn't that be the e-mail address used for your DDO account? Or if you have multiple e-mail accounts, can't you search them to see which one was used for DDO? I don't see how this could possibly be a hard problem.

  4. #24
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    So if you emailed copies of your IDs, you have an e-mail address. Wouldn't that be the e-mail address used for your DDO account? Or if you have multiple e-mail accounts, can't you search them to see which one was used for DDO? I don't see how this could possibly be a hard problem.
    Original email address was associated with school; no longer exists because graduated.
    Original email address was associated with work; no longer exists because changed jobs.
    Original email address was associated with CompuServe; just simply no longer exists.
    Original email address was associated with AOL; still exists, but nobody wants to admit it.

    Just four reasons off the top of my head why it may be difficult to impossible to "just search them". Many people have changed emails in the past decade and a half for any number of reasons, and some may have changed multiple times, or had multiple addresses for different things and can no longer access them for whatever reason.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Original email address was associated with school; no longer exists because graduated.
    Original email address was associated with work; no longer exists because changed jobs.
    Original email address was associated with CompuServe; just simply no longer exists.
    Original email address was associated with AOL; still exists, but nobody wants to admit it.

    Just four reasons off the top of my head why it may be difficult to impossible to "just search them". Many people have changed emails in the past decade and a half for any number of reasons, and some may have changed multiple times, or had multiple addresses for different things and can no longer access them for whatever reason.
    all they are asking for is the correct email address not that you still have it.

    If you can't remember, maybe you can ask someone to whom you sent email.

    CompuServe.com - Home still exists and it is a subsidiary of AOL

    colleges never seem to delete accounts because many people return, I still have one years later. One call to your old school with the correct identifying information will likely yield an email address.

    it is not SSG's fault if a person can not remember their email address any more if people forget their Swiss bank account number.

    and I bet if it was a paid account the correct credit card number would be enough for them.

    They are just doing what they think is their due diligence to maintain the privacy of their users, the same way a bank requires an ID to cash a check if the teller doesn't know you. TBFY if that is inconvenient.

    the bigger question is why SSG games have no 2 factor authentication option like some other MMOs.

    Duo MFA is great but too expensive for SSG, but the code is out their ... and almost any coder that knows Kotlin or Java could whip up a smart phone app to do 2 factor for a game for just the hourly pay.

    Those apps are great tools for marketing and keeping players current on sales, patches, new content, and events, but that is not how some game companies think.

    /off rant
    Last edited by Zennez; 06-01-2021 at 06:33 PM.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I have multiple accounts (mainly from multi-boxing LOTRO) I no longer have the email's for, I also have no idea what the character names are or any idea about them other than the account names and passwords, I never thought anything more than this would be needed. I couldn't even tell you what paypal account or credit card were used or even what year each one was last used. Sounds odd but as soon as you say 'there is a problem' I want to activate them, all 12 of them an start multi-boxing these games again.
    2 years is not a lot of time in real life unless you're a kid, pick up a few new games and another year rolls by and the grass is always greener elsewhere, last time I tried a pile of new games I only played this a few times in 2 years.
    Found this post as I was looking to see if there is downtime today, please post this on the launcher to let people know. Hiding thigs away on the forums isn't really helping anyone.
    Oh and strap yourselves in it'll be a bumpy ride!

    and yes I do believe its because you've probably had something hacked and only just noticed lol.
    If you want to use a mic and headphones get a games machine.

    PC games are still for those who TYPE!

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    15

    Default

    This must be in response to the million accounts that have been hacked causing a more than 3 month wait time on any support request for compromised accounts.

    I lost access to my account in March and still waiting.

  8. #28
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    30,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzpxpzz2 View Post
    This must be in response to the million accounts that have been hacked causing a more than 3 month wait time on any support request for compromised accounts.

    I lost access to my account in March and still waiting.
    We're having a bit of trouble finding your ticket based on this forum post. Private message me or post your ticket number and we'll look into it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    I was able to name 3 of the characters, which server, and what guild. I also emailed copies of all my ID's to verify who I am. She still wouldnt help me recover the account :'(
    I mean that doesnt prove anything other than you know what characters are on an account, and also you have legal identity documents...an account has Username, Password, and Email. That's all that they collect on account creation, that's what uniquely identifies the account (DOB is not unique). Credit card info too if you ever bought anything, but that might be with a third party payment processor regardless. But they dont actually have our names tied to the account, where sending IDs lets them verify anything against their records...

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rsking View Post
    issue with that is how many of those accounts are founder accounts let alone alpha and closed/open beta accounts. if I was unable to play due to say military reasons (had a friend who was being deployed and didn't hear a peep for about 6 years) and my account got deleted i'd be ****ed.
    I hadn't played since 2011 and just came back about two months ago. If they deleted my account, I probably wouldn't have come back.

  11. #31
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    I was able to name 3 of the characters, which server, and what guild. I also emailed copies of all my ID's to verify who I am. She still wouldnt help me recover the account :'(
    I would try again. Maybe this time is the time!

  12. #32
    Community Member MoonRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    I say if you haven't logged in in 2 years just delete their account lol. I took a break for a few years but had my friends log in and keep me up a bit.

    It'll help with lag?
    I took a 5 year break, have spent close to $500 or more on the game since I came back. I would not have returned if I had found my 10th life (at the time) toon deleted. So you are correct, it really would help with the lag as they let the server become less and less populated.
    My Main is a 19th life Scoundrel Bard Friertuck

    AKA LitleJohn 2nd life wiz, Starsfan 2nd life Barbarian and Thrasiuus Epic Pally 1st life and a few iconics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload