Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

as much as we complain, truth is, if we didn't love the game we'd just quietly move on. so i hope when the devs hear us complain, they realize it's only because we care

i know they are trying hard

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    I am sorry but not to sound rude, the Developers are paid VERY well for their efforts.
    I would rather save my praise for a poor sap working minimum wage at a burger
    place when he or she still manages to get my order right during lunch hour.
    Or you could just praise anyone doing their work independent of what they are paid

Those who are paid minimum wage don’t deserve praise because they are paid less they deserve to be paid
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 05-17-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I am sorry but not to sound rude, the Developers are paid VERY well for their efforts.
    Point is : Aggression and negativity have become common in the internet.

Positivity has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Catabree View Post
    Well here goes, I would like to personally thank Cordo, if you can moderate the people on these forums and read this rubbish day in day out for years, you are one hell of a patient guy.
    I agree.

I had been moderating forums more than 10 years ago, and I do know what kind of work this is.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

So, well, I did my very first Shifter.

I'm very, very, very positively surprosed on how much superior the character animations are !
    This character model is currently superior over all others in terms of animations !

- When running, the body swings from side to side
    - So does the cape / cloak - bit even betzter than with the Tiefling !
    - When the character has nothing to do, then the head is moving, as if looking at the environment !

Great. Just great. I just hope that all other character models will get a similar treatment.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Thumbs up Loot and Quests

I was looking at this thread through the lens of: if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all, but a couple of things do stand out when considering what SSG deserve my praise for...

I've been impressed with loot and quests recently.

I've enjoyed playing some of the recent quests in Feywild and since. Just feels fresh overall. Fun and not too lengthy. Windmill is quite different, and I really like the quirky raid too.

Best efforts recently though must go to loot. The concept of developing loot laterally rather than just adding more power creep is a good one. I really like what has been done with augments too (though SSG really needs to get the standard ones in the store ASAP!), which add a good degree of flexibility to loot tetris.

The Dull Dagger stands out for me as an absolute masterpiece. Brilliant bit of design. I've not used one yet as have no divine levels, but I might look at a couple of LR+1s just for the fun of it someday. Hopefully there will be one or two more hidden gems in future. Who knows - there might be already - I like that!

Talking Eh?

What? You ration your praise up to a limit? What do you do for the guy who helps you out at the end of the day after you've used all your praise up at lunch time on the burger guy? Or do you not praise burger guy because you just might need that praise for someone else later? Bizarre mate. Just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    What? You ration your praise up to a limit? What do you do for the guy who helps you out at the end of the day after you've used all your praise up at lunch time on the burger guy? Or do you not praise burger guy because you just might need that praise for someone else later? Bizarre mate. Just bizarre.
    Didn't you know giving praise uses up your real life SP. Maybe he doesn't have enough money to buy pots or lives far from a shrine.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantOceans View Post
    After spending some time on the forums, ....
    Join date Jan 2021. For a game that's been around for so long, that make me chuckle
    cheers
    Elk
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    Didn't you know giving praise uses up your real life SP. Maybe he doesn't have enough money to buy pots or lives far from a shrine.
    Maxed out bard songs, and Flame of Favored's online, got ya covered, just go tank this nihilism dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by elkorm View Post
    Join date Jan 2021. For a game that's been around for so long, that make me chuckle
    cheers
    Elk
    Gotta foster the youth.
    Go figure that DDO is still fun in 2021.
    Last edited by DistantOceans; 05-17-2021 at 04:58 AM.

I'm not sure what the pay situation is for the Dev team here but alot of the larger, read very profitable , studios pay the devs peanuts. I would not make assumptions about Dev paychecks.

My thanks is for Ravenloft. If the next expansion is as well put together as Ravenloft it would pull people back.

Thumbs up Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    What colour bar would you have for praise I wonder..?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    What colour bar would you have for praise I wonder..?
    I believe its pink as in Tickled Pink, Pink with Pride, also rose and pink are interchangeable in many instances of language so Rose Colored glasses have pink lenses, bring roses to your cheeks, everything is rosy, all phrases that have to do with being pleased about something and when you're pleased with something you give praise.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I believe its pink as in Tickled Pink, Pink with Pride, also rose and pink are interchangeable in many instances of language so Rose Colored glasses have pink lenses, bring roses to your cheeks, everything is rosy, all phrases that have to do with being pleased about something and when you're pleased with something you give praise.
    Hard to refute.

Used to get gold stars from teacher in P1-P3 (think that's like 1st-3rd grade in USA) as symbols of praise if we did something good. But that's too close to yellow ki I reckon.

Green is good and positive too, though not if you're a Glasgow Rangers fan I guess!

I think you're winning this one Ael!

i also like to chime in with some positivity.
    dont want to sound like a negative andy for some things (as justifiable as it is) all the time.

so, as someone who loves doing dungeon-like content in different games...

ddo simply scratches that itch for me as a whole. the instanced quests always feel like a short adventure, unlike questing in open world games, where it usually feels like a walking simulator fetchquest (its fun in its own right, dont get me wrong).
    i always enjoyed games that have some sort of central hub area, and then quests around it in different maps, dungeons, or simply instanced content in general.
    thats why monster hunter (not world) or the disgaea games feel so good, just like ddo.

you have this central place to rest, be safe, prepare for an adventure, and then go to that place without having to ride minutes (now some quests with wilderness tend to break that immersion but whatever) and just do the thing!

thats the one reason why i probably will never leave ddo in earnest. having those short, dungeony quests and adventures is just fun!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123