Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15% vip

Default 15% vip

Does "VIPS get an additional 15% through May 12th" mean +15% in addition to the regular 10%, or 15% instead of 10%.

Both are cool, but the first one will have me start another topic asking for Otto's boxes to be put on sale again...

Community Manager

An additional 15% for a total of +25% VIP XP.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    An additional 15% for a total of +25% VIP XP.
    Awesome!

So about putting those Otto's Boxes on sale...

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Awesome!

So about putting those Otto's Boxes on sale...
    Not until July my friend.

As long as Hardcore season is running, you can forget Otto's Boxes in the store......

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    Not until July my friend.

As long as Hardcore season is running, you can forget Otto's Boxes in the store......
    Yup.

I always have one or two on-hand waiting to be used on weekends like these.

Gonna TR two toons this weekend.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12718*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

I would just like to give feedback that this extra bonus enticed me to resubscribe back to VIP.

There was a long thread a while back about adding more value to VIP. My suggestion now is, to make an extra weekend VIP bonus a more permanent thing.

It would be awesome if most weekends, VIPs got an extra bonus of some kind in addition to the regular weekend bonus.

Community Member

I have to say, after playing the last few days, this is a significant boost in XP. If Devs are looking to make VIP more enticing coding this as a permanent subscriber benefit would certainly add value.

I am Awesomesauce!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    I have to say, after playing the last few days, this is a significant boost in XP. If Devs are looking to make VIP more enticing coding this as a permanent subscriber benefit would certainly add value.
    There is already a +10% VIP bonus to EXP on all the time. I agree some additional amount would be a nice way to add value for VIPs. Perhaps an additional 5% VIP bonus added to the current 10% bonus (for a total of 15%) would be a good way to do that.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12718*
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

I know what the current boost is. 25% is significant and changes quest patterns. 15 doesn't do that. An extra 25% xp is a compelling reason to be VIP.

I am Awesomesauce!

I know what the current boost is. 25% is significant and changes quest patterns. 15 doesn't do that. An extra 25% xp is a compelling reason to be VIP.
    They won't boost it to more than 15%.

I'll let you work out why.
    *12718*
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Source?

Most modern MMOs have a 20-50% XP boost for monthly subscribers.

I am Awesomesauce!

Source?
    I have no "source." I have some business sense. That's all you need in order to figure out why they won't go above 15% for VIP exp.

So? Most "modern MMOs" aren't DDO, and their revenue models aren't the same as DDO's, either.
    *12718*
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Source?

How many of those reward you for leveling up 150+ times and sell xp pots/stones?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    How many of those reward you for leveling up 150+ times and sell xp pots/stones?
    All the people who ran around with 50% pots gained through legal or illegal means have already won DDO. They are completionists on every level with full reaper trees filled out. I highly doubt they are still buying pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I have no "source." I have some business sense. That's all you need in order to figure out why they won't go above 15% for VIP exp.
    Then you are stating your opinion. And that's fine but you cannot make an absolute statement out of your opinion. You have no facts supporting it. Stating you have business sense could be true or not. Typing those five words doesn't mean we suddenly take for granted your word on every decision made by companies you have no familiarity with aside from a consumer perspective.

Now, back to the XP increase. It's a huge draw and dramatically changes how many quests you run and in which order. Further, every time XP is increased it makes grouping smoother - players are less concerned about XP penalties for over leveling and rigid questing patterns aren't needed. There is also this - Increasing VIP XP boost to 25% even ropes in those power gamers who have won DDO, and that is why I think it's an excellent marketing idea. Psychologically, people won't be able to resist getting 25% XP. They will feel they are leaving points on the table and when every digit matters, how can they ignore a 25% boost?

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member

Why are you the expert on what is and what is not a sufficient xp boost to be VIP? did you consider the impact that many may either not use an exp potion at all or use various levels of 0 boosts from 0 to 50%?

Community Member

All the people who ran around with 50% pots gained through legal or illegal means have already won DDO. They are completionists on every level with full reaper trees filled out. I highly doubt they are still buying pots.

Then you are stating your opinion. And that's fine but you cannot make an absolute statement out of your opinion. You have no facts supporting it. Stating you have business sense could be true or not. Typing those five words doesn't mean we suddenly take for granted your word on every decision made by companies you have no familiarity with aside from a consumer perspective.

Now, back to the XP increase. It's a huge draw and dramatically changes how many quests you run and in which order. Further, every time XP is increased it makes grouping smoother - players are less concerned about XP penalties for over leveling and rigid questing patterns aren't needed. There is also this - Increasing VIP XP boost to 25% even ropes in those power gamers who have won DDO, and that is why I think it's an excellent marketing idea. Psychologically, people won't be able to resist getting 25% XP. They will feel they are leaving points on the table and when every digit matters, how can they ignore a 25% boost?
    So you mention the "power games who won DDO" who won't pay for xp pots...yet you say they would pay for an xp bonus.

A counterargument to the flexible questing because of bigger XP bonuses could also be made. If say XP was boosted by 200% then you would have a very narrow range of quests being run to level. All of the mediocre quests would become even more mediocre in comparison to the quick huge xp quests. People would level from 0 to 20 by running about 20 of the best quests and anything else would be even more inefficient. Look at the top 10% of quests run in a heroic life and see how they compare to the bottom 10%.

Per MrCow's heroic life xp, the difference between the best 3 and worst 3 heroic quests was staggering. XP per minute of : 425 - 800 per minute for the worst and the best of 8k to 10k per minute.

Community Member

No one is asking for 200%. That's a rather absurd jump, isn't it? Further, setting a base of 25% for VIP is better for the game rather than relying upon purchased XP pots. Why? Players running on pots have zero patience and zerg from quest to quest and zone to zone. This is extremely new player unfriendly. By setting the baseline for VIP-based XP boost you remove this variable and make grouping friendly and less reliant on quest speed.

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member

No one is asking for 200%. That's a rather absurd jump, isn't it? Further, setting a base of 25% for VIP is better for the game rather than relying upon purchased XP pots. Why? Players running on pots have zero patience and zerg from quest to quest and zone to zone. This is extremely new player unfriendly. By setting the baseline for VIP-based XP boost you remove this variable and make grouping friendly and less reliant on quest speed.
    The 200% was given as an example. You assume that xp pot usage = player speed and results in zerging. I disagree with this. There are players who will zerg no matter what, xp pot or not, as that is their style of play. Same can be said for certain people going slowly and exploring. I've seen those same players with XP pots active.

If you look at the Heroic TR progression, you'll see each level has some great XP quests, a lot of average xp quests and some terrible xp quests. Right now, many who are doing racial lives do most of the great xp quests and then because they are not capped, they have to do some of the average xp quests, of which there are many at every level and they are mainly interchangeable. This provides a bigger variety of quest groups, even for those who are very xp focused. If you increase the total XP, one can argue that only the best quests would be run and less of the "average xp' quests would be run. That's what I was highlighting above.

Community Member

I totally agree that +25% vip xp as a vip perk would certainly entice players to go vip. I personally am already a vip and I dont use store bought xp pots, just the ones I occasionaly find in chests or daily/weekly rolls. As another poster already stated, most, if not all of the uber completionists have levelled up with Soverign xp pots and the only time they would buy them again is when another race or class is added to the game and they need to re-instate their uberness.

25% XP boost for VIP is reasonable and has enough incentive to pull in a lot more VIPs. XP pots are stressful and not well aligned with normal group play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast