Default Strange Infinite Loot Bug

For the first rewarded quest I have completed since the update, (by rewarded, i mean there is a reward giver, not like Cogs for example), the reward giver for A Sharn Welcome epic is giving me endless level 1 and 2 loot, you just take the loot and talk to him again, and he gives you more, over and over and over and over again, like a busted candy machine, seemingly forever. I haven't proven that it really is forever, because I don't have infinite space.

Since even heroic Sharn is level 15, level 1 and 2 rewards is weird, even apart from the endless nature of it. And this completion was epic.

In addition to the update, I had gotten the This Character Is Already in the World prior to the update, and when I was able to get back in, my EDs were wiped. The GMs helped me to replace them. I also managed to lose all favor and all quests reset to first time. It seems like this is probably a more proximate cause than the update, but God knows at this point.

In the meantime, I kind of thought *Infinite Loot* would be something I should bring to the attention of authorities asap, even if (so far) it is only level 1-2.

Default In addition

In addition to giving me infinite loot, because I can never satisfy Anton Westmore by taking all the loot he has to offer, he can never move on and give me the quest again, so I can never repeat it.

I am trying Red Rain next to see what happens, if that clears Anton or if I just get two infinite loot givers.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    In addition to giving me infinite loot, because I can never satisfy Anton Westmore by taking all the loot he has to offer, he can never move on and give me the quest again, so I can never repeat it.

I am trying Red Rain next to see what happens, if that clears Anton or if I just get two infinite loot givers.
    Have you tried to abandon the quest?
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Default Uh Oh This Is Bad

Now after completing Red Rain epic, Zeleth Crowspire has turned into another Infinite Loot dispenser for level 1-2 loot.

I guess I need to go try another quest chain to see if it is effecting all quests. I'll also see if abandoning the quest as Loromir suggested gets me anywhere. I doubt it, because as far as the system is concerned I still "deserve" the end reward, right?

Default Cannot abandon

I can't abandon the quests because the Adventure Compendium lists them as complete and the Quest Journal doesn't even list them at all.

Wow! This is kind of thrilling actually

Default Also Spies In The House

Left Sharn to try Spies in the House, same thing, infinite level 1-2 loot, no abandonment possible, no quest repeat possible.

The chests in all the quests seem to be behaving normally.

Has anyone seen this before? Obviously I have to put in tickets, this character is completely hosed. Can individual characters be restored from backup?

Community Member

Default Yes

My guildmate has been stuck exactly like this since his last epic TR. He was disconnected during the process, and everything happened exactly as you describe afterwards, including the Your character is already in the world warning at first. he's been this way for two months now and after multiple tickets submitted we've given up on getting the character fixed. We are hoping that a full TR might fix him, even though he would still lose the past life and all his EDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Melli View Post
    My guildmate has been stuck exactly like this since his last epic TR. He was disconnected during the process, and everything happened exactly as you describe afterwards, including the Your character is already in the world warning at first. he's been this way for two months now and after multiple tickets submitted we've given up on getting the character fixed. We are hoping that a full TR might fix him, even though he would still lose the past life and all his EDs.
    Wow, well if your guildmate does TR please let me know how it goes. I have put in two tickets, 5344537 in game and 167756 on help.standingstonegames.com.

Surely INFINITE LOOT is going to catch someone's attention? I hope?

Community Member

I've had this happen once before, with the end reward for the Soul Splitter chain. It didn't affect any other quests, and went away after a TR.

For the first rewarded quest I have completed since the update, (by rewarded, i mean there is a reward giver, not like Cogs for example), the reward giver for A Sharn Welcome epic is giving me endless level 1 and 2 loot, you just take the loot and talk to him again, and he gives you more, over and over and over and over again, like a busted candy machine, seemingly forever. I haven't proven that it really is forever, because I don't have infinite space.

Since even heroic Sharn is level 15, level 1 and 2 rewards is weird, even apart from the endless nature of it. And this completion was epic.

In addition to the update, I had gotten the This Character Is Already in the World prior to the update, and when I was able to get back in, my EDs were wiped. The GMs helped me to replace them. I also managed to lose all favor and all quests reset to first time. It seems like this is probably a more proximate cause than the update, but God knows at this point.

In the meantime, I kind of thought *Infinite Loot* would be something I should bring to the attention of authorities asap, even if (so far) it is only level 1-2.
    I had this happen to me once. Took the dev's two years to address it and 5 years to fully fix it.
    I think it had something to do with a feat swap with fred.
    The short term solution was they gave me enough exp to hit 20 and an otto's box to relevel my toon.

After I got competitionist a couple of years later, I started doing epics and realized my ED's had vanished.
    Took awhile for the Dev's to respond, but they then helped reslot the ED's I had attained before the bug.

(Be sure to check your ED's when this is all sorted)

They do know about this bug, not sure if they have a new solution to it.

On the plus side you can get tomes and guild favour in the infinite rewards list.
    Mine happened before saga's were available, but if you have an infinite saga rewards going on you could take the exp and lvl your way to TR land.

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverash View Post
    I had this happen to me once. Took the dev's two years to address it and 5 years to fully fix it.
    I think it had something to do with a feat swap with fred.
    The short term solution was they gave me enough exp to hit 20 and an otto's box to relevel my toon.

After I got competitionist a couple of years later, I started doing epics and realized my ED's had vanished.
    Took awhile for the Dev's to respond, but they then helped reslot the ED's I had attained before the bug.

(Be sure to check your ED's when this is all sorted)

They do know about this bug, not sure if they have a new solution to it.

On the plus side you can get tomes and guild favour in the infinite rewards list.
    Mine happened before saga's were available, but if you have an infinite saga rewards going on you could take the exp and lvl your way to TR land.
    Infinite saga rewards you say? I like the cut of your jib and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Come on SSG, keep me from getting infinite saga rewards! You know that would irritate you to no end. Fix me!

Infinite saga rewards you say? I like the cut of your jib and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Come on SSG, keep me from getting infinite saga rewards! You know that would irritate you to no end. Fix me!
    Can you finish the saga and let us know?

If you can't progress in sharn pt1 & 2 there is always cogs / gh / feywild etc

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Can you finish the saga and let us know?

If you can't progress in sharn pt1 & 2 there is always cogs / gh / feywild etc
    I realized, I had already finished the Cogs saga first, and turned it in with no issue. Of course I hadn’t noticed anything about the quests themselves because they have no quest giver or individual end reward. Cogs saga only gave out its reward once and reset properly.

I doubt I’ll run anything else on the character until it is resolved, because it sounds like the only resolution may be to TR.

While this totally sucks for the character you're on... or for you as the person owning that character I imagine.

Would be interesting to see if you can get some of those shiny new affixes (the light blue borders) on this low level loot.

Having a ring with the guard effects or a weapon with keen and vorpal/crit damage would be so sweet.
    Last edited by LightBear; 04-23-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    While this totally sucks for the character you're on... or for you as the person owning that character I imagine.

Would be interesting to see if you can get some of those shiny new affixes (the light blue borders) on this low level loot.

Having a ring with the guard effects or a weapon with keen and vorpal/crit damage would be so sweet.
    Maybe. Infinite loot is a lot of loot though. Just the act of filling up the character’s pack and then going to sell it all and heading back would start to get tedious fast. Even just discarding it and not selling would probably get very old

Default TR seems to fix it

I put in tickets, but grew frustrated with waiting, plus I suspected that there isn't really a fix that preserves your character as is.

I suspected that True Reincarnation would clear it, and figured if I could fix the game by playing the game, then that was the better solution anyway. I could have waited for the tickets and probably cajoled the GM into giving me a Heart and an Otto's Box, but to heck with it. I TR'ed and that seems to have cleared the various problems. I'll have to wait and see what the EDs look like when I get back to 20.

I had not ever intended to TR again, especially on this character, but oh well. Of course, I'd still take a Heart and Otto's Box if offered....

Default Ticket closed with no action

FYI, the tickets on this were closed with no action. The GM said that any quest where this was happening could be reset individually, which would be pretty labor intensive given that it was happening to every quest. That made me think they didn’t really understand what was happening.

But just for the sake of future people with this issue: it seems the only sure way out is an involuntary TR. I was hoping that SSG would at least cough up a Heart and or a Box to soften the blow, but it was never offered and I didn’t push it. The character in question was already back to 18 before they responded.

So, if this happens to you and you ever want to play the character again, the answer is to eat an undesired TR and move on.