Default Eye Know Whodunnit question

Not after spoilers but need to check...

Is this quest possible of you cant find secret doors? Pulled on the levers I could find and can see on the map there are other areas but True Seeing isn't enough to find a door and I can't find a lever for them.

I have no particular problem if a decent search (or party) is required but would like to know before I spend any more time running around like a headless chicken
    Last edited by Garix; 04-23-2021 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling in title
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Not after spoilers but need to check...

Is this quest possible of you cant find secret doors? Pulled on the levers I could find and can see on the map there are other areas but True Seeing isn't enough to find a door and I can't find a lever for them.

I have no particular problem if a decent search (or party) is required but would like to know before I spend any more time running around like a headless chicken
    Should be, yes. The vast majority of the secret doors in that dungeon are shortcuts to areas accessible from other directions. (Think secret passages)

Those that could block completion with a 0 search skill should have a lever that opens them.

If you find otherwise, let us know!
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Cheers Coco. Will keep looking
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member

well I had trouble reaching the area under the cemetery.
    this is where the eye was in one of my runs.

I think the area might be accessible using a different way but I have not succeeded and had to bring a second account trapper.

Community Member

In my first run, I was stuck a long time in this quest without having the ability to find secret doors or open locks. However, after going through everything for the third time maybe, I found a true seeing scroll that I have left behind in one of the chests. With this spell on, a secret door leading to the Daelkyr Icon was revealed, and this enabled me to accuse a suspect and finish the quest. Of course I may have overlooked something, but it seemed to me that I needed to be able to find the crucial secret door to be able to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    well I had trouble reaching the area under the cemetery.
    this is where the eye was in one of my runs.

I think the area might be accessible using a different way but I have not succeeded and had to bring a second account trapper.
    You found the lever near the back of the cemetery?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I did not. Will look next time. Thanks.

The lever only spawns (as far a I know) once the mobs in the cemetery are dead.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

I've done this many times now and mostly like it for it's replayability. If feels like what Tales of an Illusory Larcener was supposed to be like.

I've found all of the culprits except Bernadot--I can't find the last two evidence pieces for her. Can anyone help?
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by rfachini View Post
    I've found all of the culprits except Bernadot--I can't find the last two evidence pieces for her. Can anyone help?
    In my first runthrough after posting, I was able to complete it for that culprit by finding 3 of the evidence pieces and then confronting them.

Well-done quest.
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    The lever only spawns (as far a I know) once the mobs in the cemetery are dead.
    It is possible to get yourself locked out of the cemetery, preventing access to the underground level.

Enter the cemetery, trigger the dialog, then make sure you REMAIN there and clear the mobs. Otherwise if you leave the gate will close and you will be locked out of that area. I did this in Legendary levels and made the quest incompletable since the remaining evidence was under the cemetery and could not access it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeme View Post
    It is possible to get yourself locked out of the cemetery, preventing access to the underground level.

Enter the cemetery, trigger the dialog, then make sure you REMAIN there and clear the mobs. Otherwise if you leave the gate will close and you will be locked out of that area. I did this in Legendary levels and made the quest incompletable since the remaining evidence was under the cemetery and could not access it.
    Pretty sure there's a second way to get to that area.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Ultrasoul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers

Completed it yesterday on an alt with 3 search skill :\

That was on normal difficulty.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epicsoul View Post
    Pretty sure there's a second way to get to that area.
    The only other way I know about is by being able to see secret doors. I was unable to find another entrance.

Please share.

So, Just completed a run where the Kobold guy was the culprit.

Problem being that 2 of the 4 pieces of evidence were in a room behind a secret door. That secret door was not find-able via a True Seeing scroll/spell (on Epic Hard). I caved in a grabbed a diving twig from the store but not running it again (well once the timer on the twig runs out) until it's either fixed or at all if that's WAI.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

So, Just completed a run where the Kobold guy was the culprit.

Problem being that 2 of the 4 pieces of evidence were in a room behind a secret door. That secret door was not find-able via a True Seeing scroll/spell (on Epic Hard). I caved in a grabbed a diving twig from the store but not running it again (well once the timer on the twig runs out) until it's either fixed or at all if that's WAI.
    I think one of the Devs said any quest-essential secret doors should also have a lever somewhere to open the door
    and if there isn't a lever it's not WAI and they'd like to know so they can fix it so it's completable with a 0 search toon.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.