Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default Update 49 - Offhand Hit Chance seems to be incorrect

    Hey,

    happy to have the worlds back up again!

    I just continued my doublestrike/offhand testing with the dummies in cargo. I have a standing 84.78% doublestrike on my main hand and 100% offhand hit chance (= chance to make offhand attack). Generally, after the update 49, I was expecting to always (100% offhand hit chance) see 2 lines of damage when I hit dummy once with first line having the chance (84%) to show double damage and symbol (doublestrike with main hand) and a chance (42%) for a 3rd damage line when offhand doublestrikes.

    What I see after 100 attacks is a offhand hit chance resp. chance to make offhand attack of only 68% instead of 100%. This is not why I selected feats for 100% offhand hit chance!

    Additionally, in contrast to the release notes, I see the offhand doublestrikes in one line with the "doublesword"-symbol and not proc'ing a 3rd damage line. Which means that the offhand-non damage effects proc fewer times than what was intended.

    The doublestrike percentage values which I measured seem to be correct for both hands.

    Do I make a mistake here or is this a bug to be resolved?

    Stanrok

  2. #2
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    I'll take a look at the Offhand Strike stuff right now! It's possible that one of our attack scripts is missing its chance to deploy a second attack hook. For clarity, are you talking about your basic attack animations, or are you using any special attacks? Some of our special attacks may also be missing the hook but I'll need to look at the attack you were using specifically if you're talking about something like that, so any information you can give me will greatly speed up the investigation.

    For clarity, yes, your offhand doublestrikes in the same method as your mainhand, including the doublestrike symbol. If you have two weapons and attack with both, you'll see two lines of floaty text, one for each weapon.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

    "Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Hey Lynnabel, just to help out. I posted the below in one of the Lam forum discussions. I can confirm that what I saw from 100 hits was that my offhand hit was hitting around 76 times out of 100 when my offhand hit was 90%. I did confirm that the offhand doublestrike was indeed hitting 50% of the time (in my case 51%)

    Hope this helps!
    Nico


    Dear SSG,

    I just tested 100 hits to see if the doublestrike and offhand doublestrike mechanics are indeed working as intended. Below are my findings:

    Notes and assumptions

    Current Build has 76% doublestrike (before reaper)
    Offhand hit %: 90%
    TWF handwrap monk
    Recorded only non-crits for comparison purposes


    Hits: 100
    Doublestrike on main hit: 80% (a tad high but, pretty close)
    Offhand hits: 76 (kinda low actually)
    Offhand Doublestrike: 51% (pretty much right on the button)


    Overall, pretty close, but the offhand number of hits seemed to be about 20% lower than it should be (my offhand hit is 90% at cap, and I am ring in only 76% of offhand hits). Everything else measured up to what is in the notes. I did not test procs. This was purely for DS and Offhand DS.

    Hope this helps!
    Nico

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I'll take a look at the Offhand Strike stuff right now! It's possible that one of our attack scripts is missing its chance to deploy a second attack hook. For clarity, are you talking about your basic attack animations, or are you using any special attacks? Some of our special attacks may also be missing the hook but I'll need to look at the attack you were using specifically if you're talking about something like that, so any information you can give me will greatly speed up the investigation.

    For clarity, yes, your offhand doublestrikes in the same method as your mainhand, including the doublestrike symbol. If you have two weapons and attack with both, you'll see two lines of floaty text, one for each weapon.
    Hi Lynnabel,
    thx.

    I can confirm that I use my basic attack = just one left-click on mouse. No special attacks etc. No sneak mode. No boost. In between hits I paused a bit.

  5. #5
    Community Member Magrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    20 Olarune, 994 YK
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Might also be helpful to breakdown where you're getting your offhand hit chance from. I'm not super familiar with that stat, but I know a lot of stuff in DDO can get above 100% if you try, so if you e.g. have exactly 100% chance that could narrow out a couple effects, in the (unlikely, but plausible) possibility that it's something at the ability level and not systemic.

  6. #6
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbo335 View Post
    Hi Lynnabel,
    thx.

    I can confirm that I use my basic attack = just one left-click on mouse. No special attacks etc. No sneak mode. No boost. In between hits I paused a bit.
    What race/gender/class are you? I'm using a pure tempest ranger scourge right now and at 100% I am making 100% of my offhand strikes. If there's something up it may be race/gender specific.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

    "Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    What race/gender/class are you? I'm using a pure tempest ranger scourge right now and at 100% I am making 100% of my offhand strikes. If there's something up it may be race/gender specific.
    I am halfling/male/pure rogue with Assassin/Thief Acrobat/Vistani trees. Fighting with 2 daggers.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default Working for me it seems

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbo335 View Post
    I am halfling/male/pure rogue with Assassin/Thief Acrobat/Vistani trees. Fighting with 2 daggers.
    So I am also running a pure assassin halfling rogue (mine is female). I am sitting at 100% doublestrike and 100% offhand hit chance.

    When I hit a dummy it seems I am always getting 2 numbers unless I 1 shot the dummy on the first hit (via a crit or something). I am always getting the doublestrike icon on the first hit unless its a miss (then it says miss) and it seems about half the time (makes sense because 100/2 = 50%) I get a doublestrike icon on the second number.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    What race/gender/class are you? I'm using a pure tempest ranger scourge right now and at 100% I am making 100% of my offhand strikes. If there's something up it may be race/gender specific.
    I am curious - it says in game offhand doublestrike is half the value of mainhand. However, I have 110% mainhand doublestrike from some boosts could get 130% - in the notes it says it caps at 100% but considering its displaying 130% does that mean that I am getting 65% offhand doublestrike?

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlieman View Post
    So I am also running a pure assassin halfling rogue (mine is female). I am sitting at 100% doublestrike and 100% offhand hit chance.

    When I hit a dummy it seems I am always getting 2 numbers unless I 1 shot the dummy on the first hit (via a crit or something). I am always getting the doublestrike icon on the first hit unless its a miss (then it says miss) and it seems about half the time (makes sense because 100/2 = 50%) I get a doublestrike icon on the second number.
    Typically (95+%) I oneshot the dummy on first hit. So, this can't be the cause in my case. But I see that you are a different gender.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charlieman View Post
    I am curious - it says in game offhand doublestrike is half the value of mainhand. However, I have 110% mainhand doublestrike from some boosts could get 130% - in the notes it says it caps at 100% but considering its displaying 130% does that mean that I am getting 65% offhand doublestrike?
    For the Lamannia test preview, YES, you would've gotten 65%.
    But, I'm not sure whether the live build was intended to work that way or not. I'd love to see confirmation on 1) whether it did or did not, and 2) whether that is WAI.

    This is another great example of why all these kinds of stats need to be added to the '+' tab on the character sheet. I don't really care whether it's supposed to work a certain way...show me the numeric value regardless. It makes it much easier to deduce whether things are working and how they work.

    It would be great to see that '+' tab used as *THE* golden standard. A consolidated, single spot to view stats. Get rid of the inventory weapon preview that is only accurate 50% of the time.

    EDIT: From the U49 release notes: Your offhand can only doublestrike a maximum of 50% of the time.
    (it would still be good to get confirmation though)
    Last edited by ice584; 04-22-2021 at 02:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default Still not fixed !!!

    I did a reincarnation and rechecked the statistic with my male halfling level 6 rogue assassin again.

    Wearing 2 daggers and hitting the dummies by left-clicking the mouse I got the following results with 70 clicks:
    - 6 mainhand doublestrikes which fits to my 9%DS. OK
    - 17 Offhand strikes which equals to 24% instead of my 40% offhand hit chance in character window. NOT OK!!!
    - 0 Offhand doublestrikes instead of 4.5% which should have been around 3. NOT OK!!!

    My assumptions now are as I dont have any other feats that affect doublestrike and offhand:
    - the Two Weapon Fighting feat is not working properly as it does not effectively increase my offhand hit chance from 20 to 40%.
    - the EPIC past life Doublestrike (3x) is not working properly as it only gives 9% on mainhand and nothing on offhand.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbo335 View Post
    I did a reincarnation and rechecked the statistic with my male halfling level 6 rogue assassin again.

    Wearing 2 daggers and hitting the dummies by left-clicking the mouse I got the following results with 70 clicks:
    - 6 mainhand doublestrikes which fits to my 9%DS. OK
    - 17 Offhand strikes which equals to 24% instead of my 40% offhand hit chance in character window. NOT OK!!!
    - 0 Offhand doublestrikes instead of 4.5% which should have been around 3. NOT OK!!!

    My assumptions now are as I dont have any other feats that affect doublestrike and offhand:
    - the Two Weapon Fighting feat is not working properly as it does not effectively increase my offhand hit chance from 20 to 40%.
    - the EPIC past life Doublestrike (3x) is not working properly as it only gives 9% on mainhand and nothing on offhand.
    Well, with such a low offhand doublestrike and the low number of only 70 clicks, it's plausible that you just got unlucky with them. About the offhand strike chance... it is possible that rather than the TWF feat not working, that instead the base offhand chance is not functioning. Based on previous comments, it seems like usually the observed offhand chance is ~20% lower than it theoretically should be, and I figure it makes more sense that the base isn't working properly rather than one of the three feats isn't working properly (why would only one not work but the other two do? maybe it's the case, but seems more unlikely).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload