Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can we update the Stone of Change please

Why is the Stone of Change still on the old clunky UI?

Can we get it updated to allow multiple grind downs please.

And would it be possible to speed it up?

Also maybe we could get some use for Upgraded Khyber Shards other than Trap the Soul?

Community Member

I would like to see this as well. I'd like to see everyone/everything you can trade with (say, when turning in Eberron shards) updated to the newer system.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

Also maybe we could get some use for Upgraded Khyber Shards other than Trap the Soul?
    The Stone of Change currently has 1,079 recipes on it. Shifting it to the new UI would make for some difficult navigation and likely be problematic for performance given the sheer size. No plans for changes to it at this time.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The Stone of Change currently has 1,079 recipes on it. Shifting it to the new UI would make for some difficult navigation and likely be problematic for performance given the sheer size. No plans for changes to it at this time.
    I see the problem there...

How about adding an NPC next to the stone of change in the market place that uses the newer vendor window to at least make the shard conversions quicker and multiple at once? Like a Stone-of-Change expert that helps you with the conversions of seriously big bulks?

Could also explain the S/S/S-system for new players in a more direct way.
    Nothing in this game is essential, unless you are a power-gaming & unimaginative lemming who follows everyone else, without having any form of creativity or original thought rolling around your brainpain...

Could you just speed up the delay after crafting then?

It takes forever

Again I advocate for renaming the Stone of Change... Chompy Ted. Its short for Chompy, chompy Monster of Tedium.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

1,079 recipes?

HOW!?!

What are these 1000+ recipes!?!

If that's so then why not start cutting the recipes down by adding a new Machine/UI JUST for the Khyber and Sibery Shards?

How about going through some of these probably obsolete recipes and removing the ones that are no longer used in-game?

How about moving the adamantine rituals to Cannith Crafting stations?

1,079 recipes?

HOW!?!

What are these 1000+ recipes!?!

If that's so then why not start cutting the recipes down by adding a new Machine/UI JUST for the Khyber and Sibery Shards?

How about going through some of these probably obsolete recipes and removing the ones that are no longer used in-game?

How about moving the adamantine rituals to Cannith Crafting stations?
    Good point.

What are the broad categories of these recipes?

All I'm aware of from the Stone of Change are the Khyber & Siberys crunching, Adamantine & Eldritch Rituals, Binding, Necropolis Scarabs... I can't even think of anything else off the top of my head.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

https://ddowiki.com/page/Adamantine_Ritual

These Soul Gem costs are LUDICROUS!

Does ANYONE actually bother with this Ritual past Tier 1?

You could remove Tiers 2 through 5 and how many players would even notice?

Actually playing the game how many Earth Soul Gems of the right level does a wizard or sorc even generally get in a "Life"? 3 maybe? It costs 3x that just for Tier 1!
    So basically a FORCED Grind running quests of the right level with enough Earth Eles in them to make it worthwhile!

Then there's Relic of a Sovereign Past for the Addy Ore - 15 guaranteed plus you might get lucky and have a 16th drop from a Duergar at a rate of something like one every hundred killed!
    How many Addy Ores do we need for Tier 5? 100? That's 7 runs of Relic just for Addy Ore - OK you don't have to complete the quest but that's still an insane grind for a minimal gain!

Does the Addy Ritual need to be so ridiculously expensive considering the gain is strictly protecting an item from permanent damage?

Why not just remove these five tiers and have it be a single ritual that gives +5 Hardness and +15 Durability for the cost of Tier 1 currently?

Necropolis Scarabs

Remove the requirement to crunch these to the full Scarab and just have the vendors in the Necropolis trade you the items for the 5 Scarabs!

Then you can remove these recipes from the Stone of Change!

Why not just remove these five tiers and have it be a single ritual that gives +5 Hardness and +15 Durability for the cost of Tier 1 currently?
    Necropolis Scarabs

Remove the requirement to crunch these to the full Scarab and just have the vendors in the Necropolis trade you the items for the 5 Scarabs!

Then you can remove these recipes from the Stone of Change!
    Congratulations, you removed 8 recipes!

Actually, that number is probably significantly higher, because I bet the stone of change recipes are multiplied by at least the number of base weapon types the rituals can be applied to, as it seems rather low if each named item had to be its own entry in the list.

Community Member

i was thinking the same thing lately. i like the idea of this device and i've used a good bunch of its reciepes in the past
    but at some point this just got discontinued.
    i would've loved to be able to put old thunderholme raid gear in there to upgrade it. and thats where i started thinking about new reciepes.

maybe a raid runes turn-in 1:2 or 1:3 for another raid's runes would be cool
    maybe something to add mythic to weapons who do not have it with threads of fate or mysterious remnants, (pretty much like the wpm upgrades)

only thing i can think of, why the stone of change has so many reciepes is, that other sources are SoC rituals aswell, but don't say so. like the epic alter for s/s/s items, or the cauldron in the lordsmarch plaza. stuff like that.
    just that you can access a small portion of available reciepes from any given device.

some cool new reciepes for sibery+khyber shards would be cool. especially a reciepe for 10k sibery shard fragments into sibery dragonshards.
    maybe even some for eberron dragon shards?

the guild augments are a reciepe aswell and i guess they're the majority of reciepes, since they come in 3 sizes and have ALOT of different bonuses to choose from
    you could simply cut the system or have all of those reciepes in a vintage stone of change and cut it out from the new UI/barter/npc

do you have numbers, how often those reciepes are used?

It would be really nice if it was changed to the Barter UI box. It would also be nice to get some mass transformation recipes added. Chomping several stacks of 10k siberys shards 1,000 at a time is beyond tedious.

I also don't understand how there can be over a thousand recipes in there. Unless each individual named weapon needs its own recipe to add +1 force damage?
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I'd like to know all of these recipes.

But then ... on the other hand, it wouldn't be that much fun anymore to find out unknown ones ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

The 1000 recipes are most likely every named and not named weapon/ shield/ clothing/ accessories.

Lets say q staff, not named, you got wood staff, darkwood staff, densewood staff, etc...

Then lets say base items, gs, t forge, crystal, lgs, alchemical, etc...

Then random, etc...

Then named...

Then the stuff nobody has ever noticed.

Then the weird and wacky example club of the holy flame -1 damage.

I think easily 1000+ script listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Congratulations, you removed 8 recipes!
    So Far!

You have to start somewhere and if the Devs can't do this all in one go, maybe they could do it piecemeal

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Actually, that number is probably significantly higher, because I bet the stone of change recipes are multiplied by at least the number of base weapon types the rituals can be applied to, as it seems rather low if each named item had to be its own entry in the list.
    I hope you're referring to the number "8" not the number "1,079"

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadazia View Post
    i would've loved to be able to put old thunderholme raid gear in there to upgrade it. and thats where i started thinking about new reciepes.
    Dear Lord NO!

Thunderholm should have its own Machine in Thunderholm for that sort of thing.

With 1,079 recipes already in the Stone of Change the last thing we need is more being added that could be done elsewhere.

some cool new reciepes for sibery+khyber shards would be cool. especially a reciepe for 10k sibery shard fragments into sibery dragonshards.
    Recipes for crunching larger stacks is NEEDED!

But I was thinking more of what to do with Small and Average Khyber Shards if you don't need them for Trap the Soul - Especially now we have Omnispell Stones.

Basically if a newbie makes the mistake of crunching Khyber Shards there's very little he or she can do with those shards as it's the fragments that are used in Cannith Crafting.

maybe even some for eberron dragon shards?
    Eberron Shards already have the trade-ins which may need upgrading as the game's changed but I don't think we need Stone of Change Recipes for these

the guild augments are a reciepe aswell and i guess they're the majority of reciepes, since they come in 3 sizes and have ALOT of different bonuses to choose from
    you could simply cut the system or have all of those reciepes in a vintage stone of change and cut it out from the new UI/barter/npc
    Ah, that's a possibility - There are a lot of these.

But this is the sort of thing that could be moved en masse out of the Stone of Change and added to the augment system UI.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

A *lot* of the recipes are of the "we broke/updated this item, rather than fix/update it retroactively you can place it in the Stone of Change..." type before they went to the "Yeah, just farm up a new one" model. I wonder how bad it would be to move those to a "Stone of Conversion" which nobody needs to touch and *then* update the Stone of Change to the modern barter interface for shards crunching & eldritch rituals and the like.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

but that aesthetic it has is sooooo side-of-a-van-spray-can. Only a three-wolf T-shirt comes close.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Couldn't the cannith crafting system be used for it? I mean there's a ton of shard items. You can search by dragging items into or via keyword and it's worked fine so it's not that difficult to navigate. I understand it's 1,079 items that need to be reprogrammed but that clunky mouth thing shouldn't have existed when needing to use it dozens of times in a row. It literally ends up feeling like a mechanic meant to punish a player for using in game items for feat changing.

Even just removing the animation that lasts for 4-7 seconds per craft would be an improvement as you need to wait for this extremely slow mouth to close and open for your crafting to be done. You also rarely ever use this thing for one craft. You're probably changing one form of item into a higher tier multiple times. So that 4-7 seconds adds up.

Tired of excuses of why it cant be fixed to justify doing nothing.

you don't need to complicate your programming life trying to fix the screwed up alter.

Forgo fixing the stone of change and add an NPC trader with the trade window interface that will trade max stacks of khyber/siberys fragments, etc...

you have already done something similar with the fiery elemental and the epic alter in the twelve.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/39 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/48 , RP 95/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/48 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 35/39 , IC 15/21 , EC 30/48 , RP 88/158)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast