Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    jesus man this is a game and stuff happens. I would like to know what a mature adults response would be to losing a pixel?
    what a minute!?!?!?!?!

Who took my pixel!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

That was my favoritest pixel!?!?!?!

I pay you salary!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds are temporarily unavailable while we investigate game performance and other issues. The game worlds will remain down overnight, and we will have more information tomorrow morning. We are currently working to deploy a game update to address these issues.
    The update failed, please roll back this update asap.
    Take more time to analyze and fix the problem. What if the quick fix you make fail also?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBraveheart View Post
    Roll back to the version before today's update then fix the issues. First thing you do before an update is backup so you can roll back if there are huge issues.
    You would think right?

Quote Originally Posted by math92 View Post
    Why not just put the full update on lamania. Let the whole gang log in, and see whether there are any technical problems before hand.
    Now that is a realistic idea. Let players apply to be break testers. Allow one character transfer to Lamania. One week before update allow them to attempt to break the server. Exploit the server. Bug the server. If none of that happens, release to general public. I'd bet many, if not most hardcore players would do it just to open the "presents" before Christmas.

Maybe even put a bounty out, 1k SSG points for every issue first reported.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader emeritus, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Default Yes.... It sucks!

The issues do suck! Preeetttty sure their isn't a conspiracy to screw us over. Can imagine Cord thinking "Yeah! Let's screw them all over.... Including ourselves! That will make things better for sure!"

I'm sure no one wants the worlds up and running more than Cord at this point. You will live without the game for a day...... If you can't....... Maybe you should think about some sort of Anonymous group for gaming addiction.

It's gonna be OK peeps....... It's gonna be OK!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    Jesus man this is a game and stuff happens. I would like to know what a mature adults response would be to losing a pixel?
    In this guy's case fiz, I kinda get his frustration. You have come to plenty of my raids on Khyber. You know it can take forever to get a group even when HC isn't open. Getting a group on a week day after waiting to fill than buying a timer to see the red message of doom had to suck for him.

That being said, people are getting too silly on the posts over the game needed a hot fix. I understand your response to him.

At the end of the day folks, its SSG. They will screw up and make poor decisions.we should all know by now. Hey the server is closing in 5 min, Def caused unhappiness. As a result people are lashing out and many not being mature adults about it.

Remember when I posted that I was going to eat popcorn and sit back
    and watch the yelling and screaming when the update goes live?

on my 3rd bowl

YUM !
    When this game is gone, I will not cry a single tear. It is just part of the circle of life.

Community Member

UPDATE: The DDO game worlds are temporarily unavailable while we investigate game performance and other issues. The game worlds will remain down overnight, and we will have more information tomorrow morning. We are currently working to deploy a game update to address these issues.

The DDO game worlds are temporarily unavailable while we investigate game performance and other issues. We will keep you updated.
    Wow the hits keep coming got rdy to do questing 5 min notice worlds coming down man you guys suck, time and time again nothing but prob. get stuck in a quest cause something isn't working right no reason to hit up customer service quicker to start over oh wait what customer service

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alttab View Post
    The update failed, please roll back this update asap.
    Take more time to analyze and fix the problem. What if the quick fix you make fail also?
    I have full confidence that they tomorrow apply an update to fix the performance issues which resulted from an update intended to fix performance issues.

Just not sure whether or not we will need an update to fix the update that fixes the update that fixes the lag. ????

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadospawn View Post
    I have full confidence that they tomorrow apply an update to fix the performance issues which resulted from an update intended to fix performance issues.

Just not sure whether or not we will need an update to fix the update that fixes the update that fixes the lag. ????
    I thought it, you wrote it! On that, will go see what's on Netflix.

Default Still.....

It's all gonna be good!

BONUS!!

MY COUSIN VINNIE IS ON! LOL

Default Status Update 9:30 PM Eastern

What's Happening Now

I apologize for the poor rollout of Update 49 and the extended downtime. We believe we've located the source of the instability the live servers were seeing earlier this afternoon that prompted us to bring them offline. A larger explanation is below but just in terms of where we're at and when you can expect the game worlds to be open again:

We've got fixes in and are compiling a new game build overnight. If everything goes smoothly we'll be looking to get this deployed tomorrow morning and open the worlds before noon (eastern). We're discussing some added boosts to run alongside the planned weekend boost and will have more news on that once the game worlds are open.

What Caused This

We have an automated system that ensures the integrity of mail that we internally call a "heartbeat". Traditionally this has run every 6 hours. We found at one point that this had caused some crashes because the check got too large. We changed this heartbeat to happen every 5 minutes instead of every 6 hours so that it wouldn’t have such a backlog of data to deal with at once. On all internal servers, and public preview, this ran perfectly smoothly.

Once we hit live, however, it has become clear that the frequency of this heartbeat does not impact the effect it has on the server nearly as much as the sheer amount of mail data present. So, instead of a very noticeable hiccup every 6 hours, we were now having a slightly lessened hiccup every 5 minutes. The reason we did not see this issue on any test servers (including player preview on Lamannia) is because, even with the thousands of test case mail items created, there was not the massive backlog of mail data present that there is on a live server.

In the short term, we are reverting the heartbeat back to once every 6 hours with a patch tomorrow. In the long term we are investigating ways to clean this up and make it not an issue. This may require a combination of more aggressive (and publicly messaged ahead of time) culling of old or excessive mail as well as code changes to the heartbeart itself. Tonight, though, we don't have a timeline on those sorts of changes.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Default downtime

Ppl need to remember the terms of service. SSG has absolutely no responsibility to the player. Its up to them. simple.

Im just happy i can still play the game i love with the freinds i love and SSG gives me that platform. Thankyou

Im also stoked that there still developing the game. They can shut the servers down anytime they like.

Thankyou SSG. you may stuff it up now and then. but your still having a go.

Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

<snip>
    Thank you, that was very informative, and a welcome change of pace from the secrecy around details that has traditionally dogged the game (presumably to protect proprietary data about how the game works, so it's understandable, but it's definitely frustrating from the players' perspectives)

Community Member

Smile Putting my money on down until Saturday, Lost the previous pool

The DDO game worlds are temporarily unavailable while we investigate game performance and other issues. The game worlds will remain down overnight, and we will have more information tomorrow morning. We are currently working to deploy a game update to address these issues.
    Don't get on to write posts much, but i am bored atm I may have had a few prior to a two year break and a few after. I will say this has to be one of the funniest string of posts i have read in some time, i all of a sudden feel the need to go get more cheese though.

Here is my interpretation of Cordovan's post: "We have to go to bed see you all tomorrow" and I bet it will be Friday late at best for the game to be up and reasonably functioning. Wish you the best at getting it going again Cordovan, please just don't let them really screw it up
    (I don't think you will).

On a side note, I plan on just going outside again tomorrow and soaking in some sun and maybe trying to get the family of Foxes to trust me by tossing them some meat since today the male Fox was stalking the squirrels out in the front of the property and that was amazing to watch until the dog ran out onto the front porch and started barking and ran everything off. The resident ground hog came almost to the porch and took some food i tossed out, by then the dog was locked up in the back room. Deer were running through the backyard and stopped to graze a bit, until the dog went busting out the back door like he was an internet tough guy (all bark and no bite) and ran them off. Good thing the husband was not home,,,, or wait, maybe i wish he would have been we might have had a pile of venison to eat, we are growing tired of not having beef. Although real life is good, please fix the game i miss my DDO friends and now I'm rambling out of boredom because i don't watch TV much, to many honey boo boo shows and i don't play shooter games, so i cant join the hubby in his nightly rantings at the screen. Doesn't seem like much fun anyhow. Enough rambling, night all, see you on hopefully sooner than later.
    Last edited by TonkaBabe; 04-21-2021 at 08:54 PM.

What's Happening Now

I apologize for the poor rollout of Update 49 and the extended downtime. We believe we've located the source of the instability the live servers were seeing earlier this afternoon that prompted us to bring them offline. A larger explanation is below but just in terms of where we're at and when you can expect the game worlds to be open again:

We've got fixes in and are compiling a new game build overnight. If everything goes smoothly we'll be looking to get this deployed tomorrow morning and open the worlds before noon (eastern). We're discussing some added boosts to run alongside the planned weekend boost and will have more news on that once the game worlds are open.

What Caused This

We have an automated system that ensures the integrity of mail that we internally call a "heartbeat". Traditionally this has run every 6 hours. We found at one point that this had caused some crashes because the check got too large. We changed this heartbeat to happen every 5 minutes instead of every 6 hours so that it wouldn’t have such a backlog of data to deal with at once. On all internal servers, and public preview, this ran perfectly smoothly.

Once we hit live, however, it has become clear that the frequency of this heartbeat does not impact the effect it has on the server nearly as much as the sheer amount of mail data present. So, instead of a very noticeable hiccup every 6 hours, we were now having a slightly lessened hiccup every 5 minutes. The reason we did not see this issue on any test servers (including player preview on Lamannia) is because, even with the thousands of test case mail items created, there was not the massive backlog of mail data present that there is on a live server.

In the short term, we are reverting the heartbeat back to once every 6 hours with a patch tomorrow. In the long term we are investigating ways to clean this up and make it not an issue. This may require a combination of more aggressive (and publicly messaged ahead of time) culling of old or excessive mail as well as code changes to the heartbeart itself. Tonight, though, we don't have a timeline on those sorts of changes.
    I think you guys are brave even digging this deep in the code. Noone has been game to for year. Thanks. Im expecting a few issues over the next few weeks/months. Im also sure you will have a nice code base eventualy.

Thanks for trying. im willing to let you have a go.

What's Happening Now
    Thank you for making this clear communication! Hopefully you'll find to fix the issue with mails later on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    I mean. Theoretically, the compensation wouldn't be a rebate, it'd be tacking a day on at the end of the billing cycle. If it was due to renew on, say, the 12th, then it would renew (or end, I guess, depending) on the 13th instead.
    Its not just the money, its the inconvenience, the disregard of proper service values and lack of professionality

Community Member

This may require a combination of more aggressive (and publicly messaged ahead of time) culling of old or excessive mail as well as code changes to the heartbeart itself.
    Wait, in-game mail?

We wholeheartedly condone basically getting rid of it. Especially 1k messages in idle overflowing inboxes about points, or favor, or whatever.

I don't understand this is a problem in need of fixing, and you don't just slash by 20x the amount of mail there is, that no one wants or needs.

If it is some other mail, this has gone over my head.

Community Member

What's Happening Now ...
    Thanks for the detailed update. I always appreciate when we are given detailed information like this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast