Community Member

Default The update jacked up the Snakeskin Vest

Release notes said Lordsmarch Plaza gear would be getting updated scaling to current power levels. Supposedly you would have to pull this gear to get the new versions.

I have a toon using the Snakeskin Vest (at level 9 currently). It still has level 8 powered attributes on it (Search and Spot are still 10 - which is level 8 Cannith Crafting appropriate) - but is now min level 12. Went from a useful level 8 armor to a piece of level 12 garbage...oh well - guess it is worth 4 more sentient xp.

It may be that the new version that drops in the quest will have better stats - but since I will be using Ravenloft sets by then it will still be garbage to me. The level 8 version was a nice way to get search and spot onto trapping builds for a couple of levels (8 & 9). Release notes should have said we will leave the stats where they are on your existing gear, but jack the min level to make the item better sentient food (but useless).

Never seen anything out of this chain drop with mythic or reaper - wonder if we can now get mythic/reaper sentient food from it now?

Ironically when I saw this update in the release notes I thought it was a reasonable idea. So now 'Corrupt a Wish' has become 'Corrupt a reasonable idea' with the changes the DEV team is doing.

The only item I still used out of this chain was the Snakeskin Vest, and I don't see me using any of the new rescaled items (including the Vest) - so now it is all sentient food...

Broke my vest as well, the ML got jacked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Borkor View Post
    Release notes said Lordsmarch Plaza gear would be getting updated scaling to current power levels. Supposedly you would have to pull this gear to get the new versions.

I have a toon using the Snakeskin Vest (at level 9 currently). It still has level 8 powered attributes on it (Search and Spot are still 10 - which is level 8 Cannith Crafting appropriate) - but is now min level 12. Went from a useful level 8 armor to a piece of level 12 garbage...oh well - guess it is worth 4 more sentient xp.

It may be that the new version that drops in the quest will have better stats - but since I will be using Ravenloft sets by then it will still be garbage to me. The level 8 version was a nice way to get search and spot onto trapping builds for a couple of levels (8 & 9). Release notes should have said we will leave the stats where they are on your existing gear, but jack the min level to make the item better sentient food (but useless).

Never seen anything out of this chain drop with mythic or reaper - wonder if we can now get mythic/reaper sentient food from it now?

Ironically when I saw this update in the release notes I thought it was a reasonable idea. So now 'Corrupt a Wish' has become 'Corrupt a reasonable idea' with the changes the DEV team is doing.

The only item I still used out of this chain was the Snakeskin Vest, and I don't see me using any of the new rescaled items (including the Vest) - so now it is all sentient food...
    I was wondering why I was moving so slow. Then I saw the red X on the vest. So I checked out my backup vest in the bank. It still showed lvl 8... until I put it in my inventory. Not happy.

Systems Designer

Apologies, this was a mistake on my part. The Snakeskin Vest, Gorgon Armor, and Gorgon Docent are affected by this and will be corrected in an upcoming patch.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 04-22-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

I read that title as something entirely different.

Everyone-wearing-a-Snakeskin-Vest-becomes-a-Purple-Dragon-Knight kinda "jacked".
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Borkor View Post
    How can an item only between 4 levels suddenly become garbage ???

Well, I'll keep mine, mostly because of historical reaons - I got it once during my seessions somewhat around 2011-2012 - and because I like its look.
    Plus, these are still good values for me.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    How can an item only between 4 levels suddenly become garbage ???
    Because +10 at level 8 is slightly ahead of (standard) random loot drops, while +10 at level 12 is behind random drops, Cannith crafted, the level 11 Spare Hand from Cannith challenges, lvl 10 keylock ring from Ravenloft, or all tiers of the level 12 (pre-U39) Treasure Hunter's Spyglass.

Alrik, the +10 to Skills Bonus enhancement (Spot and Search) is the standard base value for a generic random ML 8 item, and +14 to Skills is the standard for a Level 12 item.

I'm not sure what U49 value the Snakeskin vest is actually supposed to have? Though let's assume it's now a Level 12 item. Then +14 bonus to skills (Spot and Search) are the standard value and nothing special whatsoever, i.e. it provides no additional benefit...

Albeit from the sounds of it; the new Level 12 version is actually only applying [+10] instead of [+14] to the skills bonus and therefore can be considered inferior, which is the equivalent of losing: 4 points. In other words the old ML 8 item gave +10, and the new ML 12 item - currently - only gives +10.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 04-24-2021 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Typo.