Thread: tree adjustment

Default tree adjustment

Can you please adjust those trees that has ability to hit and dmg? It takes only 5 points spent in a Feydark tree to get CHA to dmg. While it takes 10 points spent in Harper to get INT to dmg. Im sorry but this is just pure laziness. There is no reason INT and WIS should be in disadvantage. Either, make Feydark tree requirement 10 points or make other trees 5 points. I mean, you pretty much had it all adjusted until Feydark tree came out. I dont know what you doing while designing trees but make sure things are at the same boat. Its so obvious...

#feedback
    Last edited by math92; 04-17-2021 at 05:15 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by math92 View Post
    Can you please adjust those trees that has ability to hit and dmg? It takes only 5 points spent in a Feydark tree to get CHA to dmg. While it takes 10 points spent in Harper to get INT to dmg. Im sorry but this is just pure laziness. There is no reason INT and WIS should be in disadvantage. Either, make Feydark tree requirement 10 points or make other trees 5 points. I mean, you pretty much had it all adjusted until Feydark tree came out. I dont know what you doing while designing trees but make sure things are at the same boat. Its so obvious...

#feedback
    *sarcasm mode on*
    Well, then first let's make that Falconry core 1 needs proficiency with all martial weapons and Harper medium armor proficiency, so that they can be accomplished by multi-classing or certain enhancements in other trees with semi-viable combination. Falconry Wis to hit and damage should also only work while the bird is there, and I mean, the fact that FDI has the ability to summon decently scaling cha to hit/dmg weapons in the first tier is no reason to not ban the +dmg to the third tier. I mean, there is no way that people wouldn't just use the shadowblades until they get 12 points there anyway. I mean, it's so obvious.
    *sarcasm mode off*

As someone who still thinks that introducing INT/WIS/CHA to hit/dmg was a mistake in universal trees, I can still say, that there is a lot more to it, than just the tier placement and it having it more low-hanging actually helps class trees more. I mean, EK has only the hit on tier 3, a much more restricted tree.

FDI also lacks a battle trance, the PDK enhancement makes a good replacement at tier 1, Falconry WIS-to-dmg actually also accidentally grants hit-to-dmg and therefore you can spend 2 points otherwise and it has no bird-requirement (while you need familiar active with FDI, which is a bother at least, and a combination-breaker at most), and the FDI doesn't really synergize well with weapon builds, while being gatekeept by Magical Training, makes it somewhat alright.
    Not like every tree needs or should be the same.

Would only wish for EK trees to also add dmg to their enhancements and to make the harper a tree that has something going for it except INT-hit/dmg+KtA.

Harper is super easy to unlock for all characters on a server, since you just need one character to do it. Those other universal trees are premium, requiring them to be purchased or some allow them to be unlocked on a per character basis. It makes perfect sense that the alternate stat to damage is on a lower tier for the premium universal trees.

Community Member

Default This is not a problem.

It hardly seems problematic that different trees grant stat to damage at different times, the issue is whether they grant a stat to damage at all. Arcane Archer should grant wisdom to hit/damage, mechanic trees should grant intelligence to hit in addition to the current damage, and any other relevant class trees I am too lazy to mention.

Tying people to a premium tree makes sense from a revenue perspective but if you are gonna go that route then at least be forthright with it and have the very first core grant the relevant stat to damage or, better, sell a tome for it. Having people invest in practically irrelevant trees is super irritating especially when it is quickly becoming the only motivation to gimp other trees.

Stat consolidation is part of the game. Everyone does it and inabilities to do so can make or break a build (the exact reason they made it so easy for alchemists). Arcane archers and monks suffer from not having their wisdom add to their evasion and while trying to make them pick between wisdom and dex makes sense in theory, it doesn't happen because DCs invariably matter more than reflex so they end up effectively having a penalty to reflex which can be killer at high levels.

What is the point of having different stats if someone is using the same one for all their abilities? Different stats have different upgrade sources such as EDs and items (ED choice and Item Configurations matter). Different stats also have relevant effects on epic feats (wisdom+mass frog). If it was made easier for some classes to stat consolidate, they could be used to full effect as they were originally intended and would be stronger without being OP.
    Last edited by Somebody87; 04-19-2021 at 03:18 PM.

+

+ Balancing is always good

+ Just be sure to make it gooder and not badder

+
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!