Community Member

Default "fix" causing active and swap pauses? [fixed for actives - swap being looked into]

In the dev chat, they said that they are aware that swapping gear and using some active abilities is causing pauses but they will not back-out the change (that is not lag-related) that is causing it.

Does anyone know what is actually being fixed? Unless it is something truly massive, I don't understand not delaying it until the pauses are dealt with. If abilities and gear swaps cause the pauses on live, they are going to have a *LOT* of unhappy players.
    Last edited by Twilight23; 04-15-2021 at 03:39 PM. Reason: change title to reflect current status

Systems Designer

This is something that has actually changed quite quickly on our end and Coco didn't have the full scope on at the time of the Dev Chat - we were able to find a solution to abilities pausing erroneously and that solution will be able to launch with U49. We're still working on the Weapon Swap portion of this (which includes running down yet another guaranteed source of server lag) and don't have any further information on that front at this time. Apologies for the inconsistent information!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This is something that has actually changed quite quickly on our end and Coco didn't have the full scope on at the time of the Dev Chat - we were able to find a solution to abilities pausing erroneously and that solution will be able to launch with U49. We're still working on the Weapon Swap portion of this (which includes running down yet another guaranteed source of server lag) and don't have any further information on that front at this time. Apologies for the inconsistent information!
    But no apologies for you guys going live anyway with something that effectively screws over every melee that swaps out weapons mid-combat...AND with no timeframe on how long it’ll be before you fix what you’re about to break.

Let’s just say that was the final nail in the coffin I’m burying my wallet in. Congratulations btw! You’ve essentially taken a well-monied player that spent entirely too much money here and turned him into a FTP player, because I’m not spending another cent on this scam until you fix your utter garbage.
    Last edited by DjangoKeys; 04-15-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Community Member

Thanks for the quick response. I'm very happy that the pausing for active abilities will not be going live.

U49 is the first time I've really followed the Lamannia/dev stuff very closely. You guys are generally doing a great job with both fixes and communication. The only minor communication issue I had was the pauses being better than "the alternative" but, as far as I saw, it was never said what "the alternative" was (but it's irrelevant now since the active ability pauses are fixed).

Thank you for the info. Hopefully you will be able to fix that before launching U49.

Going live with the many nerfs (manyshot, monkcher, throwers, procs, legacy bows etc) AND a new source of lag when swapping weapons will probably be bad PR. A patch to fix lag that adds more lag in situations where there was none before would be unfortunate.

Better to wait another week and get things done right - both this new lag on swapping and adjusting procs without damage to gain more stacks, have longer duration etc.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member

I noticed a weapon pause on live already, but a semi-corrected it with a quickdraw augment (still not where it was). When I tested swapping on lam, it was definitely slower and I called it out a few times in other Lam posts. It essentially makes you sit there for 1-2 seconds and the start re-attacking. In fact, I noticed that even when you start attacking after a weapon swap, there is a noted delay in the floaty numbers (as in hits), so its kinda worse than mentioned. Anyway, I agree that this update should not introduce new lag while replacing other lag. It essentially nerfs DPS by delaying and stopping the attack (while the monster can still attack). Yucky

Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight23 View Post
    In the dev chat, they said that they are aware that swapping gear and using some active abilities is causing pauses but they will not back-out the change (that is not lag-related) that is causing it.

Does anyone know what is actually being fixed? Unless it is something truly massive, I don't understand not delaying it until the pauses are dealt with. If abilities and gear swaps cause the pauses on live, they are going to have a *LOT* of unhappy players.
    What about meld? Meld was dead stopping my attack for a full 2 seconds on preview 2. Was this addressed, fix, changed? Nothing ruins fluidity of gameplay like stopping to activate meld, a staple for every high reaper player.