Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Sorry to bring up xbows again, but

Nerfing adrenaline seems like a nerf to repeating xbows. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nugaot View Post
    Why do more builds get nerfed with each update to this patch? What is the purpose of a "final preview"? This should be pushed back and reworked entirely. These so called performance enhancements are not doing much clearly if players are unsure if they're missing shots because of lag or these heavy-handed nerfs. Certainly not enough to justify killing melee/ranged CC effects. It seems like very little of the feedback given was considered, and with this preview being a "stability check" it gives the impression that further feedback isn't useful.
    Yeah this sure looks ugly.

Instead of making Para-arrows or other effect-on-hit arrows more viable they basically killed them. Instead of making legacy weapons more viable they are retroactively nerfing them with no consideration for rarity or actual impact on current "meta". Monkcher is dead. Swap-to-bow-for-MS builds are dead. Communication is meh.

Hey at least casters are getting buffed since basically everything else got nerfed. Roll a cleric/fvs/bard and nuke stuff I guess.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Entyri View Post
    Sweet! Adrenaline buff. Hits harder and regens faster than it was before, so thank you

For those that dont believe me the math is:
    Live: 100%(base) + 400%(adrenaline bonus) = 500% of base damage + the doublestrike hit that doesnt guaranteed crit so is not worth counting
    Lamannia: [100%(base) + 200%(adrenaline bonus)] x 2(doublestrike) = 600% base damage
    This of course assumes 100% doublestrike, but most toons at cap should have that or close to. It also is not an issue while leveling because adrenaline just one shots everything anyways...

Adrenalines also regen faster
    Live: .1(chance to vorpal) x .33 (chance to regain on vorpal) x 2 (doublestrike) = 6.66% on an attack
    Lamannia: .1(chance to vorpal) = 10% on an attack

Hunts end breaks about even on damage. Less burst, up more often, its a toss up. Would probably prefer to see the damage stay the same and the cool down reduced because shiradi is getting nerfed in other ways. Less attacks = less chance to proc damages, which is what 80% of the tree and the cores are. Chances to proc damage on hit. Sure the procs hit harder, but stuff like double rainbow, which is not always a damage and sometimes an effect, and nerve venom(essential ranged's only form of cc) are getting nerfed. /shrug

Would like to see tempest capstone have a bit more love, maybe something along the lines of increasing the percent of doublestrike that offhand gets. Say from 50% -> 60% or 66% or something, rather than flat doublestrike. Aasimar scourge being 6% doublestrike instead of 3% is a pretty sizeable buff to non twf, so thats something to watch for.

Glad to see the lordsmarch loot updated. Going back through that stuff is always fun to see.

Certain abilities, still freeze my character is I try using them while attacking. Would definitely like to see that changed or fixed before this hits live. If this is wai, would like to see a post saying that and a brief explanation as to the thought process behind that change if it isnt too much trouble.

Thank you for what you devs do, and I hope everyone has a great day
    Please study the numbers more closely. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    First data point. I took my level 30 THF barb over to lammania III and due to Adrenaline Nerfs its about 10% less DPS than live. My best Bruntsmash out of 3 on live was 20 (no debuffs) and my best of 3 on Lammania III was 22 Seconds.

Not as bad as I thought, but still a significant overall DPS nerf.
    This favours classes with higher ss. They simply need to make adren and fury auto ds. This will make melee remain as is
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

So much time and effort spent to improve bows from terrible to mediocre. It's disappointing.

And FYI, it's not 87 attacks/min as claimed by the devs. It's 76 attacks/min with maximum Ranged Alacrity. It's already been brought to their attention, and they've chosen to keep it at the reduced attacks/min. But no mention of that in the preview release notes.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    Armor and jewelry/clothing now has augment slots
    Are the Lordsmarch weapons not getting augments slots then? I didn't see any on them in preview 2. I feel like at least the upgraded forms should have a red slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Nerfing adrenaline seems like a nerf to repeating xbows. Is it?
    It might actually not be (at least on boss fights), since repeaters will only lose ~1 shot/animation cycle and still get the 100% recharge chance. Unless they change it so only the first bolt can trigger it, then they're proper F*ed.

Community Member

Didn’t see it anywhere in the notes, but did the changes for the order of operations for AA/EK imbues vs resist make it into this preview?
    I'm a Bard... I don't just take down enemies... I do it with style!... oh and lots of Music Buffs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 3 of Update 49 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday April 15th.

There will be a dev event on Wednesday April 14th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This preview is meant as a last stability check on the update. The total number of changes between preview 2 and preview 3 is limited and so we've opted to make one post that contains all changes since preview 2 instead of concentrated threads for each topic. Everything besides the things listed in here are covered in the notes from preview 2. Those new changes are below:

• New Adventure Pack: Perils of the Planar Eyes
      • A deco pass has been completed on the couple of quests that had been missing it.
      • Some of the monster statting has been adjusted
      • Eye Know Whodunnit
        • Levers that open secret doors will not be usable if the door is already opened
        • The random chest that was not usable on occasion is now usable.
        • The sparklies on feathers and kobold footprints are closer to their name tags.
    • Named Loot
      • Gorgon Docent is now updated
      • Armor and jewelry/clothing now has augment slots
      • Force epic sceptre now has force stuff instead of nullification
      • Sora kell un-upgraded items are now level 11, upgraded to be level 13
      • Base items now are 1.5w at level 10
      • Set bonus is now +3 artifact to hit and damage
      • You can upgrade wondrous items again
    • Bow Combat Style Revamp
      • Bow Strength has been rebuilt to work closer to other Ability-Score-To-Damage abilities in the game; you should now see it on examining bows you have equipped, and we fixed an issue where it would disappear if you had other Ability-Score-To-Damage abilities.
      • Half Elf Dilettante: Ranger's "and can add up to 2 points of your Strength bonus to bow damage" portion now instead grants "+1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows". The feat otherwise remains the same, granting the other things that feat currently grants.
      • Half Elf Improved Dilettante Ranger enhancements that granted additional points of strength to bow damage now grant +1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows instead; they otherwise remain the same, granting the other things they currently grant.
      • Arcane Archer Final Strike now has its additional AOE damage scale with Ranged Power.
      • The first hit of additional AOE damage from Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer scales with Ranger level, both on the Ranger and Elf versions; it is instead a static number of dice, scaling with Ranged Power, like the others. (It was the only effect on Final Strike using Ranger level to scale).
      • Ranger Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer adds an erroneous extra +250 damage to its bow attack.
      • Elven Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer adds an erroneous +10% Doubleshot.
    • Combat Changes Focused on Boosting Game Performance (And Ripple Effects)
      • There is a new icon for triple/quadra/penta-hits
      • Sneak attack now doubles properly
      • Ki now doubles properly
      • Adrenaline's damage multiplier has been reduced from 300/300/300/400% to 150/150/150/200%
      • Fury Eternal's 33% chance to regain an Adrenaline charge on vorpal has been increased to 100%
      • Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
      • Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
      • Aasimar Scourge has lost its 2% Offhand Doublestrike per copy (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained an additional 1% Doublestrike per copy in its place (It now grants a total of 2% per copy, because it gave +1% before)
      • Fury Eternal and Fury Made Placid's tooltips no longer claim that the two abilities are antirequisites of each other; they aren't.
      • Tempest Capstone (Dervish) has lost its 25% Offhand Doublestrike (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained +10% Doublestrike.
      • Reformatted text on Tempest's other Core abilities to be closer to current standards. (No functional changes).
    • Miscellaneous Changes
      • Fixed an issue that causes bear and wolf form to throw extra attack hooks with many active attacks
      • Fixed an issue that caused Momentum Swing to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.
      • Fixed an issue that caused Holy Retribution to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.
    So , I was testing the adrenaline changes and I personally think it is a very substantial nerf to melee all across. It may look good because the numbers seem big from adrenaline+doublestrike but there are 50% less hits right now. Adrenaline recharging rate was never an issue for Fury users and granting it a 100% recharge rate on vorpals DOES NOT IMPROVE THE DPS AT ALL because the adrenaline cooldown is still 6 seconds and if you are swinging non stop, most of the time you wouldn't even use all charges.

But honestly, I think it is time to abandon Fury of the Wild.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    So , I was testing the adrenaline changes and I personally think it is a very substantial nerf to melee all across. It may look good because the numbers seem big from adrenaline+doublestrike but there are 50% less hits right now. Adrenaline recharging rate was never an issue for Fury users and granting it a 100% recharge rate on vorpals DOES NOT IMPROVE THE DPS AT ALL because the adrenaline cooldown is still 6 seconds and if you are swinging non stop, most of the time you wouldn't even use all charges.

But honestly, I think it is time to abandon Fury of the Wild.
    Also tested Eldrich Tempest with Adrenaline and it seems quite weak. Did around 60k to the kobold boss and not sure how Devs or players came up with 1.000.000 dmg hit.
    Ibelieve someone was really switching destinies , buffing , switching again, buffing and then when buffed from Turn of The Tide or other Epic Moments, then also debuffed the Kobold by other characters around and then hitting a crazy hit.

I know some players from Phantom Company used to do that or to do game-breaking things.

Anyway,
    In my opinion Fury only looks good because the numbers seem big but that actually is a much weaker destiny than it used to be and I played in Fury of the Wild for over two years, with minor breaks. Believe me when I say it is not worth high reapers anymore, probably also non-reaper raids.

Maybe good for Lobster in Harbour to troll some players in PvP, other than that, looking for other thing that will be meta.

Cheers.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw2000 View Post
    Are the Lordsmarch weapons not getting augments slots then? I didn't see any on them in preview 2. I feel like at least the upgraded forms should have a red slot.
    The upgraded weapons do indeed have a Red Slot on my end, are they missing on Lamannia?

Quote Originally Posted by Xezom View Post
    Didn’t see it anywhere in the notes, but did the changes for the order of operations for AA/EK imbues vs resist make it into this preview?
    I took a stab this but what I thought was happening wasn't happening and am back to square 1. I'll take another shot shortly, no promises it'll make it into U49 but I haven't forgotten.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Also tested Eldrich Tempest with Adrenaline and it seems quite weak. Did around 60k to the kobold boss and not sure how Devs or players came up with 1.000.000 dmg hit.
    Ibelieve someone was really switching destinies , buffing , switching again, buffing and then when buffed from Turn of The Tide or other Epic Moments, then also debuffed the Kobold by other characters around and then hitting a crazy hit.

I know some players from Phantom Company used to do that or to do game-breaking things.

Anyway,
    In my opinion Fury only looks good because the numbers seem big but that actually is a much weaker destiny than it used to be and I played in Fury of the Wild for over two years, with minor breaks. Believe me when I say it is not worth high reapers anymore, probably also non-reaper raids.

Maybe good for Lobster in Harbour to troll some players in PvP, other than that, looking for other thing that will be meta.

Cheers.

Lol, Preach my man Preach. but yea... This Lam build Ends on my birthday btw!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    The upgraded weapons do indeed have a Red Slot on my end, are they missing on Lamannia?

I took a stab this but what I thought was happening wasn't happening and am back to square 1. I'll take another shot shortly, no promises it'll make it into U49 but I haven't forgotten.
    No worries I was just curious if it was in this pass or not. Nothing can ever be as simple as it should be, eh? This patch grew pretty large since the first preview as is
    I'm a Bard... I don't just take down enemies... I do it with style!... oh and lots of Music Buffs.

Community Member IlmerSilverhilt's Avatar

I lost some doubleshot from preview2, so Im roughly the same unbuffed as on live atm, that should mean guaranteed 2 arrows with a chance of 3.

I got a hit of 425k, which I hope, was only 2 arrows, but didnt have time to test properly this time. I hope to get somewhat higher than that, else I think its an overall nerf. And a BIG one compared to an 800k volley

Where do I turn on those multihit Icons? edit I had show n+n+n values on, that disabled multihits - but now I see them
    Scored a 377k on a 16 roll, 3 arrow hit... Im still fishing for a 20
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 04-13-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt (Half) Elf Rogue13/Fighter6/Monk1. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt PDK Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Gnome Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith. Join us!

(not currently) Livestreaming on Twitch.tv/mesmerita - My YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by elvesunited View Post
    This is by far the biggest issue right now with bows. Sometimes the attacks ( more often special attacks like manyshot, sniper shot, slayer arrow, etc. ) just fail to go off.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by elvesunited View Post
    ---- In memory of the following play styles ----

Monkcher: Archers in general have been buffed. The problem with monkchers is that they've become pointless. With the loss of Ten Thousand Stars there is nothing to spend Ki on. I suppose you could go for the master of fire 19-20 critical multiplier but that's long way to go for just that. Other classes are stronger.
    Well, I plan to still go 1 or 2 monk for stances (water for paralyze DC and Sun for crit multiplier vs paralyze immunes/boss) and evasion. Other than that, I agree. The traditional Moncher is dead for now... unless they do a monk pass where they allow things to be used with a bow.
    Last edited by barecm; 04-15-2021 at 08:57 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Many thanks for the updates to improve performance.

This one feels like my tempest is getting hurt at end game as I butting up against 100% doublestrike as a norm already. Thus it's taking 25% offhand doublestrike bonus to--in practice--a 5% offhand doublestrike boost.

Consider upping the melee power bonus from 10 to 20 instead.
    Yeah, tempest will feel some pain from the changes around offhand doublestrike. Meh.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    They seem to be visible now. Sorry for the confusion. I did not see any on them in Preview 2 and since they were not mentioned in the release notes I assumed they were unchanged. Not sure if they were added since then or if I'm just blind, but glad to see they have them either way. The only thing that's arguably missing one is the Master Transmuter's Staff. Caster staves typically have had two slots but that one seems to only have a single red slot.

Thanks for your effort in updating these by the way!

Community Member

Default shield bash

I am the only person that mentions it, perhaps my thinking is wrong.

It seems to me that fewer attacks = smaller chance to proc shield bash. Shield users don't care?

Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I am the only person that mentions it, perhaps my thinking is wrong.

It seems to me that fewer attacks = smaller chance to proc shield bash. Shield users don't care?

NO you are right this is highly overseen.. but i think alot of things are..
    Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    You wanted them to announce these changes last year or something? Not sure I understand the point of this comment.
    Probably just the fact that I as an example have been checking this every couple days and it's the 14th and I didnt know until right now that there was a 3rd pass going from the 13-15.
    If I had put it off today and checked tomorrow for example.....
    I would have missed literally all 3 Lam runs, despite checking for news every 3 or 4 days.

Announcing the dates on these things maybe a week in advance would be the minimum I would hope for.

As opposed to....you know... "ITS UP RIGHT NOW NO THERES NO OTHER NEWS ON THIS GET ON IT BECAUSE IT'S CLOSED AGAIN IN 2 DAYS!"

I don't attribute any malice to SSG, I'm sure they're doing their best.

But if I was their community point of contact, I would make sure that if I knew there was a Lam preview on the 14th of April, there would be a Lam post visible in the Lam Dev tracker report saying "Lam Preview 3 on 14 April" dated by the 7 April at the latest. I would also make it a Friday - Saturday - Sunday deal, and not a Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday deal. But that's just me.

Go look at the Lam Dev tracker right now, you'll see the first mention of Lam 3 is on the 13th. For a run that starts on...
    the 13th. Not everyone looks at this stuff every single day.
    Last edited by SpardaX; 04-14-2021 at 02:49 AM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast