Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 193
  1. #1
    DDO Team - QA Lomizir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    16

    Default U49 Preview 3: 4/13 - 4/15

    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.


    Hello, all! Preview 3 of Update 49 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday April 15th.

    There will be a dev event on Wednesday April 14th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

    This preview is meant as a last stability check on the update. The total number of changes between preview 2 and preview 3 is limited and so we've opted to make one post that contains all changes since preview 2 instead of concentrated threads for each topic. Everything besides the things listed in here are covered in the notes from preview 2. Those new changes are below:

    • New Adventure Pack: Perils of the Planar Eyes
      • A deco pass has been completed on the couple of quests that had been missing it.
      • Some of the monster statting has been adjusted
      • Eye Know Whodunnit
        • Levers that open secret doors will not be usable if the door is already opened
        • The random chest that was not usable on occasion is now usable.
        • The sparklies on feathers and kobold footprints are closer to their name tags.
    • Named Loot
      • Gorgon Docent is now updated
      • Armor and jewelry/clothing now has augment slots
      • Force epic sceptre now has force stuff instead of nullification
      • Sora kell un-upgraded items are now level 11, upgraded to be level 13
      • Base items now are 1.5w at level 10
      • Set bonus is now +3 artifact to hit and damage
      • You can upgrade wondrous items again
    • Bow Combat Style Revamp
      • Bow Strength has been rebuilt to work closer to other Ability-Score-To-Damage abilities in the game; you should now see it on examining bows you have equipped, and we fixed an issue where it would disappear if you had other Ability-Score-To-Damage abilities.
      • Half Elf Dilettante: Ranger's "and can add up to 2 points of your Strength bonus to bow damage" portion now instead grants "+1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows". The feat otherwise remains the same, granting the other things that feat currently grants.
      • Half Elf Improved Dilettante Ranger enhancements that granted additional points of strength to bow damage now grant +1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows instead; they otherwise remain the same, granting the other things they currently grant.
      • Arcane Archer Final Strike now has its additional AOE damage scale with Ranged Power.
      • The first hit of additional AOE damage from Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer scales with Ranger level, both on the Ranger and Elf versions; it is instead a static number of dice, scaling with Ranged Power, like the others. (It was the only effect on Final Strike using Ranger level to scale).
      • Ranger Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer adds an erroneous extra +250 damage to its bow attack.
      • Elven Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer adds an erroneous +10% Doubleshot.
    • Combat Changes Focused on Boosting Game Performance (And Ripple Effects)
      • There is a new icon for triple/quadra/penta-hits
      • Sneak attack now doubles properly
      • Ki now doubles properly
      • Adrenaline's damage multiplier has been reduced from 300/300/300/400% to 150/150/150/200%
      • Fury Eternal's 33% chance to regain an Adrenaline charge on vorpal has been increased to 100%
      • Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
      • Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
      • Aasimar Scourge has lost its 2% Offhand Doublestrike per copy (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained an additional 1% Doublestrike per copy in its place (It now grants a total of 2% per copy, because it gave +1% before)
      • Fury Eternal and Fury Made Placid's tooltips no longer claim that the two abilities are antirequisites of each other; they aren't.
      • Tempest Capstone (Dervish) has lost its 25% Offhand Doublestrike (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained +10% Doublestrike.
      • Reformatted text on Tempest's other Core abilities to be closer to current standards. (No functional changes).
    • Miscellaneous Changes
      • Fixed an issue that causes bear and wolf form to throw extra attack hooks with many active attacks
      • Fixed an issue that caused Momentum Swing to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.
      • Fixed an issue that caused Holy Retribution to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.

  2. #2
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    • Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
    :sigh:



    Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    • Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
    Thanks for this, at least.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  3. #3
    Community Member thunir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    301

    Default Question

    Do we now receive further benefit from a double strike greater than 100%

  4. #4
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunir View Post
    Do we now receive further benefit from a double strike greater than 100%
    Numbers higher than 100% in Doublestrike will only result in a higher chance for an Off-hand Doublestrike, according to my understanding.

    Example: Your toon has 120% Doublestrike listed on its character sheet. The main weapon's chance to DS will still only be 100%. Your Off-hand weapon's chance to DS will be 50% of that, so 60% chance to it's DS chance.

    I'm not sure of the meaning of over 100% DS as it relates to Two-Handed Fighting, however.
    Last edited by Arkat; 04-13-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    73

    Default

    And perfect TWF?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Unhappy

    Last edited by marionetas; 04-13-2021 at 02:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    Disclaimer[/LIST][*]Combat Changes Focused on Boosting Game Performance (And Ripple Effects)
    • There is a new icon for triple/quadra/penta-hits
    • Sneak attack now doubles properly
    • Ki now doubles properly
    • Adrenaline's damage multiplier has been reduced from 300/300/300/400% to 150/150/150/200%
    • Fury Eternal's 33% chance to regain an Adrenaline charge on vorpal has been increased to 100%
    • Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
    • Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
    • Aasimar Scourge has lost its 2% Offhand Doublestrike per copy (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained an additional 1% Doublestrike per copy in its place (It now grants a total of 2% per copy, because it gave +1% before)
    • Fury Eternal and Fury Made Placid's tooltips no longer claim that the two abilities are antirequisites of each other; they aren't.
    • Tempest Capstone (Dervish) has lost its 25% Offhand Doublestrike (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained +10% Doublestrike.
    • Reformatted text on Tempest's other Core abilities to be closer to current standards. (No functional changes).
    [*]Miscellaneous Changes
    • Fixed an issue that causes bear and wolf form to throw extra attack hooks with many active attacks
    • Fixed an issue that caused Momentum Swing to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.
    • Fixed an issue that caused Holy Retribution to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.
    [/LIST]
    PLZ increase the chance of excutioner shot from SD so the users from this destiny, and assassins not get a nasty big nerf due to the changes on double hit/shot

  8. #8
    Community Member rabidfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    [*]Bow Combat Style Revamp
    • Elven Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer adds an erroneous +10% Doubleshot.
    As long as your doing stuff to the Elven Arcane Archer tree, can you normalize the level requirements for the cores(levels 1,3,6,12,18,20 instead of the current 1,4,8,15,22,25)? Needing level 22 & 25 (beyond the other cores being delayed) is just annoying and a dated system given the existence of universal trees that flow normally and aren't leaving one with AP unspent after hitting heroic level cap & progressing to epics.

  9. #9
    Community Member TPICKRELL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,913

    Default 10% DPS Nerf to my barbb THF Build

    First data point. I took my level 30 THF barb over to lammania III and due to Adrenaline Nerfs its about 10% less DPS than live. My best Bruntsmash out of 3 on live was 20 (no debuffs) and my best of 3 on Lammania III was 22 Seconds.

    Not as bad as I thought, but still a significant overall DPS nerf.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Perfect TWF is still listing a +10% offhand Doublestrike.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.


    Hello, all! Preview 3 of Update 49 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday April 15th.

    There will be a dev event on Wednesday April 14th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

    This preview is meant as a last stability check on the update. The total number of changes between preview 2 and preview 3 is limited and so we've opted to make one post that contains all changes since preview 2 instead of concentrated threads for each topic. Everything besides the things listed in here are covered in the notes from preview 2. Those new changes are below:

    • New Adventure Pack: Perils of the Planar Eyes
      • A deco pass has been completed on the couple of quests that had been missing it.
      • Some of the monster statting has been adjusted
      • Eye Know Whodunnit
        • Levers that open secret doors will not be usable if the door is already opened
        • The random chest that was not usable on occasion is now usable.
        • The sparklies on feathers and kobold footprints are closer to their name tags.
    • Named Loot
      • Gorgon Docent is now updated
      • Armor and jewelry/clothing now has augment slots
      • Force epic sceptre now has force stuff instead of nullification
      • Sora kell un-upgraded items are now level 11, upgraded to be level 13
      • Base items now are 1.5w at level 10
      • Set bonus is now +3 artifact to hit and damage
      • You can upgrade wondrous items again
    • Bow Combat Style Revamp
      • Bow Strength has been rebuilt to work closer to other Ability-Score-To-Damage abilities in the game; you should now see it on examining bows you have equipped, and we fixed an issue where it would disappear if you had other Ability-Score-To-Damage abilities.
      • Half Elf Dilettante: Ranger's "and can add up to 2 points of your Strength bonus to bow damage" portion now instead grants "+1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows". The feat otherwise remains the same, granting the other things that feat currently grants.
      • Half Elf Improved Dilettante Ranger enhancements that granted additional points of strength to bow damage now grant +1 to Damage with Longbows and Shortbows instead; they otherwise remain the same, granting the other things they currently grant.
      • Arcane Archer Final Strike now has its additional AOE damage scale with Ranged Power.
      • The first hit of additional AOE damage from Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer scales with Ranger level, both on the Ranger and Elf versions; it is instead a static number of dice, scaling with Ranged Power, like the others. (It was the only effect on Final Strike using Ranger level to scale).
      • Ranger Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer adds an erroneous extra +250 damage to its bow attack.
      • Elven Arcane Archer Final Strike no longer adds an erroneous +10% Doubleshot.
    • Combat Changes Focused on Boosting Game Performance (And Ripple Effects)
      • There is a new icon for triple/quadra/penta-hits
      • Sneak attack now doubles properly
      • Ki now doubles properly
      • Adrenaline's damage multiplier has been reduced from 300/300/300/400% to 150/150/150/200%
      • Fury Eternal's 33% chance to regain an Adrenaline charge on vorpal has been increased to 100%
      • Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
      • Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
      • Aasimar Scourge has lost its 2% Offhand Doublestrike per copy (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained an additional 1% Doublestrike per copy in its place (It now grants a total of 2% per copy, because it gave +1% before)
      • Fury Eternal and Fury Made Placid's tooltips no longer claim that the two abilities are antirequisites of each other; they aren't.
      • Tempest Capstone (Dervish) has lost its 25% Offhand Doublestrike (as that stat no longer exists) and has gained +10% Doublestrike.
      • Reformatted text on Tempest's other Core abilities to be closer to current standards. (No functional changes).
    • Miscellaneous Changes
      • Fixed an issue that causes bear and wolf form to throw extra attack hooks with many active attacks
      • Fixed an issue that caused Momentum Swing to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.
      • Fixed an issue that caused Holy Retribution to hit more times than it should. The skill's animation has changed.

    Yeah, this is basically putting lipstick on a pig at this point, but it’s pretty much on-brand for SSG.

    Since all the added bloat thru power creep was half-assed, it only makes sense that stripping it all back out would be accomplished in the same manner.

    Oh, and kudos yet again on the total fail at announcing this in a timely manner.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx2 View Post
    Perfect TWF is still listing a +10% offhand Doublestrike.
    ^^^ Like I just said, half-assed.

  13. #13
    Community Member Monkey_Archer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx2 View Post
    Perfect TWF is still listing a +10% offhand Doublestrike.
    I'm guessing they just don't know what to do with this feat yet. Its in a somewhat rough place atm...

    Could just make it 10% doublestrike, but then its not really a TWF feat and will be taken by THF and SWF even more often than now...
    Could convert the 10% offhand DS to 10% offhand strike chance (or replace the whole feat with +20% offhand strike chance) but then tempest would need compensation...
    Could remake it as full stat mod to offhand, but yet again another proxy tempest nerf...
    Could just add 10 combat style melee power, but that seems lacking...
    Thelanis

  14. #14
    Community Member merridyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DjangoKeys View Post
    Oh, and kudos yet again on the total fail at announcing this in a timely manner.
    You wanted them to announce these changes last year or something? Not sure I understand the point of this comment.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    205

    Default

    It really feels like an all round nerf all across the ranged + melee builds.

    I guess we won't see a lot of Fury anymore.
    Cheers ????



    This update is a huge nerf for Fury users between levels 20-28 as they have no hear to even reach 60% doublestrike.

    Maybe TWF can reach that but why would a TWF build use adrenaline? Lol...

    I am grateful for the attempted lag reduction update but I really feel that this is also designed just to nerf the heck of all pshysical dmg builds = melee and ranged .

  16. #16
    Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)
    Madja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Numbers higher than 100% in Doublestrike will only result in a higher chance for an Off-hand Doublestrike, according to my understanding.

    Example: Your toon has 120% Doublestrike listed on its character sheet. The main weapon's chance to DS will still only be 100%. Your Off-hand weapon's chance to DS will be 50% of that, so 60% chance to it's DS chance.

    I'm not sure of the meaning of over 100% DS as it relates to Two-Handed Fighting, however.
    I feel like I read one of the Devs say this as well, but then what is a triple/quadra/penta-hit?

  17. #17
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomizir View Post
    • Adrenaline's damage multiplier has been reduced from 300/300/300/400% to 150/150/150/200%
    • Fury Eternal's 33% chance to regain an Adrenaline charge on vorpal has been increased to 100%
    • Hunt's End damage multiplier has been reduced from 400% to 300%
    • Hunt's End cooldown has been reduced from 24sec to 18sec
    Seems like the intent is to make the spike damage boost from FotW and Shiradi smaller but more frequent. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out with the changes to multihit attacks and the "improved" Manyshot.

    Quote Originally Posted by thunir View Post
    Do we now receive further benefit from a double strike greater than 100%
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...me-Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    • A player's 100% effective Doublestrike cap still applies in this system.
    • Offhand strikes will still be a separate "hit" and will roll their own damage from their own weapon and can still Doublestrike. However, we have removed the stat Offhand Doublestrike from the game. Your offhand now Doublestrikes at 50% of the Doublestrike of your mainhand. This means that if you have a 50% chance to produce an offhand strike, and 100% Doublestrike, your offhand will hit 50% of the time for 50% Doublestrike (so a 50% chance to deal double damage). Abilities and enhancements that used to provide Offhand Doublestrike no longer do so.
    • Shields still cannot Doublestrike.
    Since your offhand doublestrike is now 1/2 of your mainhand doublestrike, TWF builds will see some benefit from >100% Doublestrike. Non-TWF melees get nothing from >100% DS, AFAICT.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 04-13-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    Retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

  18. #18
    Community Member Epicsoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    I feel like I read one of the Devs say this as well, but then what is a triple/quadra/penta-hit?
    Throwers can throw up to five projectiles.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Ultrasoul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers

  19. #19
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    I feel like I read one of the Devs say this as well, but then what is a triple/quadra/penta-hit?
    Ranged
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    I feel like I read one of the Devs say this as well, but then what is a triple/quadra/penta-hit?
    Doubleshot still works above 100%, and so this would imply that when you score additional hit(s) with 200+% Doubleshot, a new icon is shown.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload