Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Can we buy it in the coin store yet?

Not to be annoying (but often am anyways)
    Don't you think it is about time to add Fey stuff to the coin store already?

thxs
    When this game is gone, I will not cry a single tear. It is just part of the circle of life.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    not to be annoying (but often am anyways)
    don't you think it is about time to add fey stuff to the coin store already?

Thxs
    yes
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

thxs
    Shadowfell was available for points just after release. Ravenloft - 3 months after release. Sharn - 4 months.
    So, Fey will be avaiable... who knows. Logic would say 5 months, but we already passed that date, so maybe next year?
    But dont worry, most of the players are on HC, and will be for another 2 months, so you can play there too, or finish racial / iconic lives on live servers, neither of those needs Feywild pack.

Sure it will be posted up when available

Community Member

It is about time. If they are moving away from a "coins for content" model, they need to be more clear about it. It would be great to know that coins are going to a lot less valuable in the future, and that we should stop buying them.

I guess we already know that subs will come with less free content than in the past. It seems like the new model they are moving towards is "buy everything directly using cash or don't play, subs and coins are both only for convenience."
    Last edited by yfernbottom; 04-08-2021 at 04:06 PM.

to be honest, am mainly interested in the Illusionist tree

fey dungeons? ...when ever.
    When this game is gone, I will not cry a single tear. It is just part of the circle of life.

Community Member

The Feywild stuff will get added to the store eventually.

Lots of people bought points on the last bonus sale and those points just sit there doing nothing as long as nothing worth buying is in the store.

to be honest, am mainly interested in the Illusionist tree

fey dungeons? ...when ever.
    That one can be unlocked with favor... right?

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

I think the mistake is on our part as a whole...
    We stated we'll wait for them to be available in the point store.
    SSG will hold on to it until a few more cave in and buy the pack for real money.
    Never reveal your plans. (Even after you get what you wanted, they'll just foil the next round of point purchases anyway.)
    Last edited by Jerevth; 04-09-2021 at 05:33 AM.
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    SSG will hold on to it until a few more cave in and buy the pack for real money.
    Never reveal your plans. (Even after you get what you wanted, they'll just foil the next round of point purchases anyway.)
    Indeed it's the same yelling "vote with wallet" & "buy on sale" that are constantly asking when the sale will be instead of waiting so true the responce appears to be to try to squeeze out a few more cash sales from hold outs.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 04-09-2021 at 07:57 AM.

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    That one can be unlocked with favor... right?
    Not if he doesn't want to buy Feywild expansion

Personally I always buy it from store anyway. It's only 495 and you can use it on all characters right away. It's just way more convenient. And I always like to play the new Expansion with the new tree right away.
    Last edited by ShifterThePirate; 04-09-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    I am not a life long subscriber so I don't have this mystical pile of coins.
    So when it does hit the coin store, they still get cash from me as I will need to buy enough coins
    to get what I want.

I don't buy bundles because a want specific parts and no fluff.

If they sold the various parts ala-card for cash, would have already purchased them
    with cash.

But I will wait like a always do.

Default Definitive answer?

Any chance we can get a definitive answer? If the content is never coming to the DDO store, then SSG is costing themselves potential revenue for not letting people know. This is especially so during a HC league. If there is a plan to release to the DDO store, then a roughly estimated release date would still behoove SSG as some users might be swayed to purchase it now. Not saying either way might get a handful of people who have been holding out, but the vast majority will just be irritated further by the lack of communication.
    Too many toons to list, but the mains are Achewon, Westudi, and Shonufff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by westudi View Post
    Any chance we can get a definitive answer? If the content is never coming to the DDO store, then SSG is costing themselves potential revenue for not letting people know. This is especially so during a HC league. If there is a plan to release to the DDO store, then a roughly estimated release date would still behoove SSG as some users might be swayed to purchase it now. Not saying either way might get a handful of people who have been holding out, but the vast majority will just be irritated further by the lack of communication.
    Completely agree. Color me officially annoyed.

Community Member

thxs
    Certain packs should be only money. Not fair to those who buy it. If they say they are never putting it for points, everyone else will buy it. That's the better business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    Certain packs should be only money. Not fair to those who buy it. If they say they are never putting it for points, everyone else will buy it. That's the better business decision.
    Most everyone is completely fine with that business model. We would just like to know if this is one of the packs. Hardly an unreasonable request.
    Too many toons to list, but the mains are Achewon, Westudi, and Shonufff.

I don't really mind about the quests and their loot. I just want to buy Shifter to have Racial Completionist again. Maybe I will purchase Feydark Illusionist.

I think they will sell it for DDO points eventually, but they are playing with our anxieties to see if we spend more money on this expansion. Probably it would work better if the Expansion was Faerun-themed.

If they just decide to not let people use DDO Points to play this expansion, they probably would say it earlier and it would be the first time they would lock Racial Completionist under a paywall. I don't think the community would accept this so well.

to be honest, most of the folks willing to buy the bundles already have.
    might be one or two more out there but that is about it.

If they plan on releasing it to the coin store, there really is not much of a point
    of waiting longer.

If I were in charge of sales, I would not add Fables of the Feywild to the in game shop until sometime after Hardcore League 4 ends. Hardcore League pretty obviously brought back a bunch of players, many of whom will not own Fables of the Feywild. Since Feywild includes 100+ Favor and lots of very good equipment, competitive players will want it. However, 'lag' casts a long shadow over Hardcore League. If the major performance patch currently inbound actually works, it will magnify the draw of Hardcore League, potentially creating a large pool of new customers for Feywild. That pool of customers could be huge given the Free Quests Coupon from last year. There is no chance in the Nine Hells I would torpedo that potential revenue bubble waiting to happen.

Please note, I am a cheapskate who purchased a large number of Game Shop Points during the last sale specifically for Cosmetic Items and Expansions. However, I am also a realist and do not expect to obtain Fables of the Feywild anytime soon.

As for making Expansions cash only, if I were in change of sales, I would have done that a long time ago. As a player, I hope we continue to get Expansions for Game Shop Points.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    If I were in charge of sales, I would not add Fables of the Feywild to the in game shop until sometime after Hardcore League 4 ends.
    Yup I agree. After HC ends, make a sales push with discounts on expansions, perhaps a free quest coupon short time deal again, to try and keep returning players from HC. Then sometime after that put the Feywild adventures only in the DDO store, then a while later put Illusionist and Shifter in store.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast