Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default The Festival of the Traveler is back!

DDO Bonus Days bring you the Festival of the Traveler! Available in-game through April 18th.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Oh, joy and unbridled rapture.

What's next on the schedule? The DeGenev Brothers event?
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12627*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Oh, joy and unbridled rapture.

What's next on the schedule? The DeGenev Brothers event?
    Fie on your sarcasm. This is the first Traveller festival in SEVEN YEARS. I have been waiting so long to clear these tokens out of my inventory on like 5 characters.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Fie on your sarcasm. This is the first Traveller festival in SEVEN YEARS. I have been waiting so long to clear these tokens out of my inventory on like 5 characters.
    Sarcasm...what ever do you mean.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12627*
    Hi Welcome

Community Manager

We get that the rewards in particular for this event could use an update, but ultimately it has been a very long time since this was brought back and we'd heard enough of you to just go for it anyway. The free coupon this week is for Token of the Traveler x3, code SPRINGEGGS.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We get that the rewards in particular for this event could use an update, but ultimately it has been a very long time since this was brought back and we'd heard enough of you to just go for it anyway. The free coupon this week is for Token of the Traveler x3, code SPRINGEGGS.
    so to confirm, the only way to get one of the non chest loot rewards is to buy a blessing from the store which costs more than most of the prizes?

No Blessing: Chest loot reward.

Ultimate + Blessing:

50 Gold Seal Elixirs of Improved Healing (common?)
    1 Sovereign I Experience Elixirs (uncommon?)
    Ruby Eye Augments (rare?)
    a +6 Stat Tome (officially announced here) (probably 1 in a million chance?)

Major + Blessing

Greater Elixir of Angels Tears (common?)
    Greater Siberys Spirit Cake
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I guess it's better than a sharp stick to the eye.

Thanks.
    *12627*
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    His sarcasm is very warranted and this definitely isn't the first one in 7 years regardless of what the wiki has as the last posted date. Here is one example of it happening since then: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...he-Traveler-um

I love jumping (probably the thing I do most in DDO), but this event is just extreme P2W and hardly gives you any opportunities to enjoy it. What I would really love to see is that harbor jumping event thing I saw in a video once that was done on the European servers I believe (no, I am not referring to the Risia slides, though I like those too).

P.S. If anyone can find that video, I would LOVE to see it again. I have never been able to find it since.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I think the event was online in 2019 ? or was it 2020 ? as well.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Thanks.
    What the difference between a sharp stick and this dull, ptw stick?

I used to love this event just for the parkour of it. I used to have a thief acrobat back in the old showtime enhancement system for it, then a speed bard. But this event is heavily reliant on you learning the actual course! And it comes so rarely it's impossible to remember it even if you watch videos of it. So your first few runs will suck unlike the new risia skate that is so simple yet fine for wasting a few minutes 'skating'.
    Social justice w...arlock in Sarlona, leader of Scourge of Xaos
    OkarisRage, Barbarian doing racial past lives
    Noellal once bard archer now sad - Caldrick vol paladin - Lemish melee artificer

Whelming.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

True, the awards aren't that great. This being the first time we can do the event while mounted does make it somewhat more interesting.
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Community Member

It has been quite a long time but I still don't understand why this event isn't completely free (or at least the basic runs--could still charge for Blessings of the Traveler for upgraded rewards I suppose).

While it's a fun event once in awhile, you need to run the course a number of times to get any good at it and have fun, and the current rewards are largely insignificant.

If changing the event to be completely free would entail too much work then 100 free BTC tokens per character on log in (or at least a code for 100 BTA tokens) would make sense. 3 free tokens for an event like this just seems silly, especially considering almost all the other events that are more fun, have better rewards and are completely free.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Thanks.
    The stick in the eye is great, if you're the one holding the stick in your hand and not the one holding the stick in your eye...
    This was out less than seven years ago because I tried it before (and not in the first year I played.) It was meh then.

Cordo, ask Lynn to liven the event up for next year; give her an army of interns- Summer is coming.
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    The stick in the eye is great, if you're the one holding the stick in your hand and not the one holding the stick in your eye...
    This was out less than seven years ago because I tried it before (and not in the first year I played.) It was meh then.

Cordo, ask Lynn to liven the event up for next year; give her an army of interns- Summer is coming.

Yes, liven it up! Make some of them *Mimic Eggs*

Community Member

Default Meh

This was worth it when you got a stack of tokens on each character.

3 tokens per account?

About as awesome as one whole anniversary token for account.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Yes, liven it up! Make some of them *Mimic Eggs*
    People eating peeps!
    Ether Bunnies!
    Mimic eggs!

-or-

Kobold Assault could be an egg-pile defense. You get as many eggs as there are kobolds (200+?)- each egg (Inside the fort) that you retain is a token for turn in. Each egg you lose is hatched into a champeep that comes back for vengeance.

The Traveler would get a chuckle and the kobolds would get hyper.
    I'm starting to get jaded about this whole process- OP release, backend nerf- it's the proverbial mule and the carrot and I end up feeling like an ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    It has been quite a long time but I still don't understand why this event isn't completely free (or at least the basic runs--could still charge for Blessings of the Traveler for upgraded rewards I suppose).

While it's a fun event once in awhile, you need to run the course a number of times to get any good at it and have fun, and the current rewards are largely insignificant.

If changing the event to be completely free would entail too much work then 100 free BTC tokens per character on log in (or at least a code for 100 BTA tokens) would make sense. 3 free tokens for an event like this just seems silly, especially considering almost all the other events that are more fun, have better rewards and are completely free.
    Or modify Taj to also accept the Universal Challenge Token that can be picked up daily in House Cannith or Eveningstar.
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Thanks.
    Or a dull spoon Because it will hurt more.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast