Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

There has probably been some answers mentioned in the past that I haven't seen, but what is the reason that Lamannia is always up for such short periods of time? Isn't the point to get as many people in to test it as possible and to test as thoroughly as possible? It always seems more like a preview and blind discussions instead because most people are able to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    There has probably been some answers mentioned in the past that I haven't seen, but what is the reason that Lamannia is always up for such short periods of time? Isn't the point to get as many people in to test it as possible and to test as thoroughly as possible? It always seems more like a preview and blind discussions instead because most people are able to try it out.
    I would guess that anything longer in normal test cycles would just serve to lengthen whatever sprint they are in and, as many people already point out, they are usually mostly done by the time it hits Lammania and little to no changes generally occur. HOWEVER, that being said, with this particular change and the amount of feedback pointing mostly in the same direction, I would think it would behoove them to have a longer window to let folks fully test and to do the raid stress test they are looking for. Even if it stretches out this sprint another week.

Unhappy Bugs

Hope you guys fix the artifact bugs like unequipped and equip to get filigree bonuses again. And yeah is not fixed. Heart of suulomades is not giving immunity to poison. Also the 3 augments sets when you tr you have to unslot them and slot them again to work that's expensive you have to buy toolkits. And bows should have orange slots the new augments the good ones are for orange slots so we have many augments new to try but bows are limited and don't have any orange slot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox_9 View Post
    Also the 3 augments sets when you tr you have to unslot them and slot them again to work that's expensive you have to buy toolkits.
    PSA: Please just log out and log back in. Do not waste Toolkits reslotting them in the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 49 is expected to open in the afternoon (Eastern) of Tuesday April 6th.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Default Preview Open!

U49 Preview 2 is now open! Preview notes have been posted in the op of this thread in addition to links to the main feature threads of this preview.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Any chance you can implement it so that we can update already existing copies of the Lordsmarch Plaza items to the new ones through the Stone of Change or something similar? I always thought that mechanic was great on your part.

Any info on a fix for the remaining broken Blade/Warforged cosmetic clothings?
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Does adding more squirrels count as increasing game performance?

If so, I am super excited!

Edit: On a more serious note, any chance of fixing the graphical and audio settings so that the game remembers what your preferred settings are? I find it rather annoying to have to go into the settings before playing and setting it up again.
    I see your wishlist in your signature...

DDO missed an April's Fools Day opportunity...

They could have made cow cosmetic companions and called them squirrels...

...because--when Eveningstar first dropped--all the Cows were labeled as race: squirrel...

Would have been a hilarious Developer in-joke/April Fools Joke...

But magic squirrel creature companions would be hilarious.

Community Member

Default delays in attacks and hits on Lam

Hey guys,

I am currently testing out the changes, and I can see the double damage (for the doublestrike). One of thing I am noticing is this: Whenever I swap weapons, I sit on my thumbs for a second (I know this is WAI), but then when I start swinging away, I see no numbers until maybe 1-2 seconds later, like it is lagging on the first hits I am doing (I don't think this is WAI). I also ran into lag while doing this where my toon just doesn't move. Honestly, its kinda clunky right now from my perspective.

Thanks,
    Nico

handwrap monk

Community Member

[B][*]The named loot from the Lordsmarch Plaza quests (Eyes of Stone, Assault on Summerfield, etc.) has been slightly updated to match modern scaling effects standards. They have not been redesigned but have instead had effects that were basic static stat boosts moved over to modern scaling effects on the Cannith Crafting iLevel standard. This only applies to newly created copies of these items. LAMANNIA ONLY: They are available to preview via The Loot Guy located in the center of the Test Dojo.[/COLOR][/LIST]
    It's always good to see more updates to old loot.

These notes are actually underselling this a bit. Everything got updated to have four effects, or three in the case of the unfused weapons. The Wrath of Sora Kell set also got redesigned a bit. Overall the gear looks good, especially the set and fused weapons.

The weapons got augment slots added. Is there a reason the armor and accessories didn't get the same treatment?

The Master Transmuter's Staff only has seven effects instead of the usual eight for caster staves, and only one augment slot. Is there any chance of getting one more effect and one more slot added? Spell Lore seems like it would fit well. It might make sense to add Magical Efficiency as a bonus as well to match the new fused staves.

Community Member

Items
    • The named loot from the Lordsmarch Plaza quests (Eyes of Stone, Assault on Summerfield, etc.) has been slightly updated to match modern scaling effects standards. They have not been redesigned but have instead had effects that were basic static stat boosts moved over to modern scaling effects on the Cannith Crafting iLevel standard. This only applies to newly created copies of these items. LAMANNIA ONLY: They are available to preview via The Loot Guy located in the center of the Test Dojo.[/COLOR]
    I've already suggested this on Discord, but I'll add it here. Unless it's terribly bothersome to anyone else, could you make the Lordsmarch loot level 13 (at least the non-weapon parts)?
    It's a much better breakpoint as far as heroic scaling effects go.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 49 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday April 8th.

There will be a dev event on Wednesday April 7th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This preview contains the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Shifter Howl abilities now trigger their effect at the appropriate point in the animation (slightly earlier than before)
    • Shifter Howl abilities can now be cancelled into melee attacks or other skills at the 1.75sec mark (instead of needing to wait the entire 2.0sec, as before)
    • Shifter Augment Summoning now works.
    • Maestro of Life and Death now provides its listed spell crit chance
    • Bard's Hold Monster, Mass now uses the correct spell components
    • Word of Balance's tooltip has been corrected
    • Fatesinger's Greater Shout has had its tooltip corrected
    • Cleric SLAs and actives can now be used while moving
    • Chaos Hammer, Unholy Blight, and Order's Wrath now do their correct damage vs all alignments
    • Vistani Knife Fighter: Rapid Strike and Rapid Throw now have their Doublestrike bonus properly typed as Morale.
    • Uncanny dodge feats no longer causes a pause in auto attack
    • Offhand Versatility: Now Functions with Orbs.
    • Celestial Tutelage in aasimar now works to pre-req for Feydark Illusionist

Items
    • Jeets now offers you a Longbow as a weapon choice before the Grotto.
    • Cellimas now offers you a Longbow as a weapon choice after completing the Grotto.
    • Glamered versions of Titania's Crown now show butterflies.
    • Insightful and quality Resistance Items now provide the correct amount of bonuses
    • Eversight now functions as intended
    • The Changestone's raid rune turn-in now mentions that it is randomly rolled
    • Shieldbreaker now provides its Sunder bonuses
    • Feytwisted Raid Items are now purchaseable with Raid Runes
    • The named loot from the Lordsmarch Plaza quests (Eyes of Stone, Assault on Summerfield, etc.) has been slightly updated to match modern scaling effects standards. They have not been redesigned but have instead had effects that were basic static stat boosts moved over to modern scaling effects on the Cannith Crafting iLevel standard. This only applies to newly created copies of these items. LAMANNIA ONLY: They are available to preview via The Loot Guy located in the center of the Test Dojo.

Quests
    • A stuck spot in Blown Deadline has been fixed.
    • You can now break the root walls in Combatting Corruption with ranged attacks

Miscellaneous
    • Tiefling's (both Male and Female) should now more consistently play the sound of their footfalls and display bloody footprints when that is toggled on.
    • Unconsciousness Range bonuses now appear in the + stats tab
    • Mounts should no longer be summonable in quests (they weren't before, this just adds a nice little error message when you try to do it)
    • Appearance fixes have been made to some NPC's who had recently stopped displaying correctly (Most notably some of the Masterminds of Sharn villains.)

Since you are allready fixing some of the issues in Vistani knife fighter tree.. Could you please also fix the lacking +5% attack speed from Blade master ??
    Pretty pretty please ?

And if you get arround to it.. can consecration not be allowed to be cast whilie moveing aswell ? Maybe even as a a wish a little faster casting speed, its not ideel to have a melee kinda heal effect that will stop you from doing melee due to long cast time.

I know some will hate me for this.. But feytwisted raid items are i guess supposed to be hard to get ? as the drop rate for greater fey twisted chest are rare in the raid. Should they perhaps have the price increased for rune turn ins ? i hate to see this fun raid gone in 2 days.

As a side note. not really on topic here but still very relevant is that twf is now lacking behind with all other combat style haveing been increased.. Is it not posible just to take the Single weapon fighting melee powers and add that to the twf fighting feats ? Not the ability modifiers but teh melee power.. ? So like the +2 on each of the twf feats and the +10 melee on perfect twf fighting. melee monks, rangers that are playing twf. where the twf is good options is becomeing useless with it falling behind due to DPS lacking. the melee power upgrade would push it a little towards the right dirction there and +16 melee power is not alot for 4 feats but its a good start and maybe even enough to have it up with the other bonuses that twf then provides..

I btw like this update

Cheers DB..
    Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

Question

A couple of questions regarding the updated Lordsmarch Plaza items:

- Gorgon Docent weirdly seems to be missing from the Loot Guy, has it not been updated?
    - I assume Trial by Fire (runearm), Wand of Blasting (eternal wand), and the Battered Guardian Shield (the one that can use the DDO shop cosmetic) have not been updated on purpose, correct?
    - The Night Hag's Heartstone still has a ML5 Deep Slumber clicky on it; any chance that could be changed to a different ML or become less pointless somehow?

Thanks for the update!

Default Feareater

Thank you for adding raid runes and other changes.

Any update on fixing the feareater augment from dryad and the demigod?
    Last edited by slarden; 04-07-2021 at 07:44 AM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Items
    • The named loot from the Lordsmarch Plaza quests (Eyes of Stone, Assault on Summerfield, etc.) has been slightly updated to match modern scaling effects standards. They have not been redesigned but have instead had effects that were basic static stat boosts moved over to modern scaling effects on the Cannith Crafting iLevel standard. This only applies to newly created copies of these items. LAMANNIA ONLY: They are available to preview via The Loot Guy located in the center of the Test Dojo.
    Visited loot guy, seems most of the base items (e.g. rocksplitter, stonedust, blade of fury etc.) are still @ 1[W], while a few base items and all the upgraded ones are at 1.5[W].
    I'm guessing this is an oversight, please fix before the release.

Anyone else notice that some of the Hidden Hand cult guys look like the Shadow Figure that hired Hyrsam to get the Codex Pages in Feywild? I'm thinking there's a connection there. Who is behind the Hidden Hand? Who leads them and to what ultimate purpose? Hmmm.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

[*]The Changestone's raid rune turn-in now mentions that it is randomly rolled
    Can this either have a reduced amount of runes required or become BTA? As is, it is very much not worth a raid rune turn-in and is very disappointing that this is the fix. I have to assume that a more player friendly fix would have been too big an effort. At least give us some compensation for this in terms of resource reduction.

Also, please fix the Feareater to be Sov Nightmares. This again is a non player friendly item that is a full 1250 turn-in for a broken item. Why this was even allowed to make it into the game is a mystery as it is not a unknown issue.
    Last edited by barecm; 04-08-2021 at 11:29 AM.

[*]The named loot from the Lordsmarch Plaza quests (Eyes of Stone, Assault on Summerfield, etc.) has been slightly updated to match modern scaling effects standards. They have not been redesigned but have instead had effects that were basic static stat boosts moved over to modern scaling effects on the Cannith Crafting iLevel standard. This only applies to newly created copies of these items. LAMANNIA ONLY: They are available to preview via The Loot Guy located in the center of the Test Dojo.[/COLOR][/LIST]
    YES! YES! YES! YES!

Could we get more of that done, please? We don't need new effects on all the old items, but if you could just go through an old chain every so often and just bring the numbers of some of those old items in line with the current gear of that level? Would go a long way towards looking at that gear as gear and not trash items.

Edit: yes please move the min levels of stuff up or down to their breakpoints so that named items aren't quite so obviously inferior to Cannith crafted. pretty please
    Last edited by neain2008; 04-08-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    World - Khyber
    Main - Starcandra
    Guild - Baatezu INC

Default 7K Favor Reward???

I'm assuming there will be a 7K Total Favor Reward with U49...

As this update will push us over 7k.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast