Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U49 Preview 1: New Adventure Pack "Perils of the Planar Eyes"

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Perils of the Planar Eyes is expected to contain, when released on live, 4 dungeons. In this preview, however, only the following 3 dungeons are available to preview:

• An Element of Chaos 12/32
    • Seizing the Dawn 12/32
    • Beautiful Nightmares 12/32

To access the Perils of the Planar Eyes on the preview server, simply speak to Lord Poincelot in the center island of the Test Dojo to be granted preview server specific DDO points and then "purchase" any of the "Perils of the Planar Eyes" Adventure Pack in the DDO Preview Store. All of the quests can be accessed by talking to "The Questgiver" located in the Test Dojo for this preview.

Known Issues
    • DM voice is is not yet in.
    • Loading screens haven't been done yet.
    • An XP pass has yet to be done.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 03-23-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Post Reserved
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Where are the actual entrances to the pack located?

Will this quest pack be free to VIP's?
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    Will this quest pack be free to VIP's?
    I want to know this too. Or is this the 'mini-expansion' stuff that was mentioned earlier this year?
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisck2 View Post
    I want to know this too. Or is this the 'mini-expansion' stuff that was mentioned earlier this year?
    The thread title literally says Adventure Pack.

In An Element of Chaos it's hard to see where the path to the Deeper Chambers starts because of the weird random spike thing in the way:

Slippery ice platforms and electric water? Awesome.

Ik'thanor the devourer is weirdly tiny and also appears coyly in the corner instead of making a suitably dramatic entrance.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 03-23-2021 at 05:22 PM.

In Seizing the Dawn, I came across what is triggering as a secret door, but it's a.) open, and b.) locked? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a secret door?

Completed Beautiful Nightmare on Legendary R1.

I'll put this simply, quests that take place in two realities are not my favorite quests, and after one completion this ranks absolutely last in that category for me. Yuck, not my bag of tea.

The handholds to climb from the main level to the first platform, didn't appear at first. Spent a couple minutes jumping at the wall before I stuck, once I started climbing they appeared. They are not labeled if you backspace while looking at them.

Spent twenty minutes looking for the puzzle room on the top floor. Its like I just couldn't see the door way. Knew there had to be something up there but couldn't see it nor was backspace pulling up anything.

Did the mobs have any hp and why reuse hill giant for the last two statues?

Very frustrating and not straight forward.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    The thread title literally says Adventure Pack.
    Fair enough. Thanks PB.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Ran all 3 quests on HE. Not too many bugs that I saw, did have one of the blue slaads bug in the kithri quest. It came out of the floor in the final cave and I could not damage or kill it spell wise. Nightmare quest was as Goldy said, a nightmare...trying to find the way through and switching back and forth between realities...yuck!! Then did them all on Leg R1 and no problems whatsoever.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Why remove trap boxes? You have a perfectly unique and thematic mechanic in the game, it seems a waste to desert it.

Unhappy

Quick summary :

1) An Element of Chaos - looks like one of the worst half-baked F2P quest. And yet another "Simon Says" puzzle. Why do you have to put it in EVERY quests pack after you've invented it ?! That's irritating at best.

2) Seizing the Dawn - please, for the love of god, would you finally STOP with the reusing ?! You've created a unique puzzle for "The Dryad and the Demigod" ? Leave it be there !!! Don't touch it ! Ever !
    Especially after Feywild that alone looks like you've took every monster and puzzle ever created for DDO and mix them together. (There is even that walking windmill, copied from the "Old Baba's Hut" !)
    I can understand it's impossible to avoid reusing completely, but at least don't do it so frequently and so obvious.

3) Beautiful Nightmares - "Spies in the House" + "Through a Mirror Darkly". And another ancient puzzle...
    Well, among those 3, this one looks quite nice.
    Couldn't finish it though. That "final challenge" has never been begun (or ended ?).
    Last edited by MasterKernel; 03-24-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    2) Seizing the Dawn - please, for the love of god, would you finally STOP with the reusing ?! You've created a unique puzzle for "The Dryad and the Demigod" ? Leave it be there !!! Don't touch it ! Ever !
    Especially after Feywild that alone looks like you've took every monster and puzzle ever created for DDO and mix them together. (There is even that walking windmill, copied from the "Old Baba's Hut" !)
    I can understand it's impossible to avoid reusing completely, but at least don't do it so frequently and so obvious.
    I liked it, it gives you a chance to practice the puzzles without running the raid. Every puzzle type in this game except the big Mastermind in The Reaver's Fate occurs in multiple places.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Why remove trap boxes? You have a perfectly unique and thematic mechanic in the game, it seems a waste to desert it.
    Which quest are you talking about? I didn't have any problems finding the trap boxes in Element of Chaos.

Elemental Chaos:
    really cool looking, especially the final room with all the elements. Really liked the feel of that part. The feel of the start of the quest, including the simon says, not so much.
    A couple of notes though:
    - In the final room, the slaad appearing just before the "burning ice" was stuck in "appear animation"
    - Is the burning fire supposed to do something?
    - Extreme cold wasnt doing anything to my toon (maybe too high cold resistance but still I mention)
    - Extreme cold stuck on me no matter where I went, including out of the quest
    - The boss appear to the side and barely noticeable
    - Slippery ice on a warlock that floats above ground and has FoM. Why I was slipping? Immunity to slippery surfaces anyone??
    - Secret door to optional boss was automatically found by a warlock with no search, no enhacement, no true seeing, without searching, just by approaching the wall
    Last edited by Malex; 03-24-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    Which monsters are from other places? Afaik, the monsters in feywild are largely drawn from dnd lore.

Also the windmill seems very much inspired by Don Quixote, and they happened to need to reuse the Hut idea for how the windmill is moving around and attacking stuff.

Seizing the Dawn:
    - the drop at the start feels really empty
    - The first "rocky" stairs lead to nothing, just some random climbing without even a collectible?
    - Where the water elemental is, there's the cavern to the right which does not appear on the map and has a *locked* door underground. Is this supposed to be a seced door?
    - The water elemental was a champion, dropped a chest, the chest was underground

Nightmare:

Pretty confusing quest, I did not understand how it went through, I basically power through it. Some notes though:
    - The final door can be jumped to by some tricky jumping on the walls. At first I thought "wow, this is cool I must do it". In the end, there was actually a door in the corner. That door is very difficult to see
    - Since i went everywhere tryying to figure it out, it seems impossible I missed a pet (yes, I did pet the dog). Are you sure every pet is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Malex View Post
    Nightmare:

- Since i went everywhere tryying to figure it out, it seems impossible I missed a pet (yes, I did pet the dog). Are you sure every pet is there?
    I did not find the last pet either.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast