Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Remove All Flagging

Flagging needs to be removed from the game. It makes no sense whatsoever. The only purpose it serves is to make it more difficult to form groups, when some have not done the 1st quest, or the 1st chain, or the flagging quests.

Community Member

Flagging for raids DEFFO. LFMs are often slow to fill, then you get the "dam it, I'm not flagged" player drop group.

You can red door most? quests, so that's ok.
    Just awestruck, whether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub or that I can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef was 1 x heroic completionist now I need Alchemist (+I have few more heroic pl's) 1 x epic completionist, 1 iconic Shadar Kai x 3. Gnome+Drow x3 racial pl's.
    Server Thelanis x

Ages ago Lynnabel mentioned working on some stuff involving raid flagging. They mentioned the possibility of removing the need to flag but nothing has really been mentioned since then so not sure if it fell apart because of technical reasons or if the devs decided it wasn't something they wanted or just some other reason it hasn't happened (like too much time would be removed from other resources to program the changes).

They keep releasing raids that dont need flagging so yeah they should just chuck the old flagging requirements.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

/signed

Community Member

Yes

Community Member

In general, getting to quests should be revamped and made more player-friendly. Remove raid flagging, allow players within a group to automatically teleport to the dungeon if someone else is inside, and remove quest chain barriers such as those in Sharn which exclude players from joining the group if they haven't done a previous adventure.

I am Awesomesauce!

Thumbs up Absolutely

Yes. Bin it entirely please.

As I much prefer grouping to soloing just from a fun perspective (soloing is quite boring and I view it more as a chore than play), the most frustrating thing I found about TR, aside from the purgatory that is cache management, was seeing LFMs up for stuff like Sharn part 2 when I hadn't done Part 1 l, or logging on when folks were part through LOD chain, so I couldn't join.

Also had to miss a raid at cap with some folks I hadn't played with for a while this week because I haven't done the flagging yet. Really frustrating.

Bin flagging. Let the people group!

Enthusiastically /signed

Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    Flagging needs to be removed from the game. It makes no sense
    Actually, there is a reason for it: story context and delivery. It ensures everyone is on the same page for the finale and can talk about it without spoiling things for the newbie that just wants a group.

DDO's problem isn't flagging, it's re-flagging, re-re-flagging, re-re-re-flagging, re-re-re-re-flagging, ... ad infinitum. When the vast majority are not only on the same page, but have it memorized upside-down and backwards, that's when it becomes a pointless impediment.

The ideal solution keeps all the flags, but makes them account-wide and permanent across TR. Spoiler management doesn't make any sense whatsoever on a per-character basis. It's per-player.

BTW, in addition to permanent account-wide flagging, I'd like to see anyone able to enter a quest instantly from anywhere once one person is inside. The single most annoying newbie question has got to be "where is that and how do I get there?" It's not because it's an invalid question, it's because answering it can take what feels like a long time. You can't tell someone "just turn on your GPS". Navigation in DDO is convoluted for a newbie.

The second thing that should be instant and automatic is quest sharing. Entering a quest should automatically share it to you. Someone in group had has it and can share it. Mousing thought that grotesquely unorganized mess of a quest list to share it should be automated. That's a huge reason we're playing via the 3D/MMO medium instead of PnP+Zoom -- so the computer can automate away the drudgery PnP needs to keep it going.

There's already been a step towards it with the Feywild raid, for the (paraphrased, obviously) "Hey, this is set after the storyline you haven't finished yet, you sure?" dialogue & would like to see it added for other raids.

While we're at it, I'd also like to see some work done on Threnal... well, everything; it's so easy to misclick & mess that one up.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Yes please.

People can go read the story whenever they like.
    Sarlona: Tobril | Syg | Trogbril

If you've already run the raid before, then make it perma-flagged for your character.
    Oh, that isolates first timers. I Care A Lot.

Community Member

+1 Bjond

All very good suggestions. A game with a small population cannot afford ANY anti-grouping mechanics. Example, I won't be running up StormHorns when the quests are IP and I don't have the teleport unlocked. Unless I really need the saga completion. But with an instant teleport-in I'd join a group for WGU etc., even without saga first time, bravery, etc. Similar for demonweb, shyndlrinn, belly of the beast etc.

Ravenloft already is group friendly, can do red-door all the quests after you do "Into the Mist", quest teleport, quest givers in tavern or right next to entrance. Raids still needs flagging each life, that could use improvement.

Then why did they remove reddoor and quest teleports for Sharn? And for feywild ? (dont have it yet but I hear it doesnt have teleports, redoor is possible or not?)

Angry

Flagging needs to be removed from the game.
    No.

It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Everyting in DDO are tied to a story. They should add more flagging, not remove it !

Community Member

Make it once per character or once per account. People get the story the first time but then never have to worry about missing out because they haven't flagged.

Default Add More Flagging

/Not signed

I like a mix of some raids that require flagging and some that do not. This is a D&D based game which means storylines for some of it's questing lines. The flagging process enhances this perspective. I think that SSG should discuss this within their development and come up with a percentage, i.e. 35% flagging / 65% non-flagging raids. This is just a number for explanation what it is would be what makes the balance.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

Signed

Quote Originally Posted by korgzz_bloodaxe View Post
    Make it once per character or once per account. People get the story the first time but then never have to worry about missing out because they haven't flagged.
    Each character is a life and when you TR, RR, IR you are starting fresh. Except for the limited past life you have to relearn everything. This is a great theme, storyline, etc.. for DDO in character and game immersion. In my opinion you should have to re-flag for the raids that need to be flagged for. I would also add more to the game if it were me.

Concerning Raids:
    I like some of the circle or box raids but they are becoming to much of a trend.

VoD, MA, LoB, Hound, Epic Abbott, Dryad, FoTP, maybe some others.

Develop a few more like:

VoN 5/6, Strahd, Caught in the Web, Killing Time
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I'm ok with most flagging when it comes to the normal complete the chain quests first type of flagging. Because it makes sense storywise to require that. I would have been OK with them requiring the Feywild quests be done first for Feywild's raid. Other types like the overly PITA flagging like abbot, yeah that should definitely go. That's just too much.

Community Member

Be careful what you wish for, some raids will probably take xp nerfs if they change flagging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast