Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New player and got my wings

Hi everyone, just got my reaper wings after playing for 5 months.
    I see alot of people that have been playing for years complaining about reaper and I simply don't get it.
    As a new player I jumped straight into reapers and loved it. I had never played the game and a friend recommended it.
    My experience is that yes a first lifer on a good build can solo reaper 1 with a hire no problems. This would be 95% of quests.
    Epics are definitely harder to solo, however there are alot of slayer areas, if I couldnt find a group, I did lower settings.
    Please devs make cosmetics for 100 points and further. Maybe different colour wings.
    I dont really care for past lives or heroics but reaper xp farming is so much fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Telekinesis View Post
    I see alot of people that have been playing for years complaining about reaper and I simply don't get it.
    As a new player I jumped straight into reapers and loved it. I had never played the game and a friend recommended it.
    My experience is that yes a first lifer on a good build can solo reaper 1 with a hire no problems. This would be 95% of quests.
    Epics are definitely harder to solo, however there are alot of slayer areas, if I couldnt find a group, I did lower settings.
    Please devs make cosmetics for 100 points and further. Maybe different colour wings.
    I dont really care for past lives or heroics but reaper xp farming is so much fun.
    I'm also a new player and enjoy reaper, its a quick way to progress. I've only got 43 points so far but enjoying it.
    As for the soloing r1, I can with a hire. I prefer to get in a group and get carried though, I'm lazy lol.
    I'm happy for people to zerg and get my reaper xp for me I don't totally pike but if they want to do all the work to make me stronger in the long run, go for it.

Congratulations, glad you as a new player can jump and enjoy it, what server you on out of interest?
    Look, alot of the anti reaper posts are trolling I wouldn't worry about it. As for more reaper cosmetics imo wings should have been the final reward 156. As it stands even the slower players that run 5 to 10 alts on Khyber have at least one toon with wings.
    I'm happy for them, however they do really need to add cosmetics at around 125 and 156. You are also correct about new players, I'm assuming your friend has taught you well. 40% of successful reaper is quests knowledge and player abilities, 40% is gear and builds and 20% is past lives and reaper points. Miss a good percentage of the first 2 you're going to really struggle. I missed one final comment that's probably one of the most important, correct classes for the reaper quest you're doing. If you're all struggling you need the right class roles to get the job done. I guess this could be included in player knowledge.
    Last edited by timmy9999; 03-02-2021 at 10:03 PM.

If you enjoy Reaper [or insert topic] - enjoy Reaper [or insert topic] and have all the fun you can. Let those who don't and complain about it continue to do so. Their complaining won't affect your fun, and vice versa. My mantra tends to be: do what you find fun and ignore the rest. Sadly, some folks can't ignore what they don't like and so they complain about it.

Reaper is a divisive topic for a whole spectrum of reasons, and not even all the people who hate it hate for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Memnir; 03-02-2021 at 10:46 PM.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    If you enjoy Reaper [or insert topic] - enjoy Reaper [or insert topic] and have all the fun you can. Let those who don't and complain about it continue to do so. Their complaining won't affect your fun, and vice versa. My mantra tends to be: do what you find fun and ignore the rest. Sadly, some folks can't ignore what they don't like and so they complain about it.

Reaper is a divisive topic for a whole spectrum of reasons, and not even all the people who hate it hate for the same reasons.
    I read these forums quite often, majority of the complainers most likely bearly play the game. Reason I say this is their experiences seem detached from how things really are. It's a pity to have to read through so much trolling and rubbish talk to get to helpful posts. I'm certainly behind the curve as I'm new, but least I'm willing to learn and out in effort to catch up. My friend has a stack of alts with under 40 reaper points and hardly any past lives and does really well. I think Timmy9999 was right, although past lives and reaper points help, other factors weigh in more.

I read these forums quite often, majority of the complainers most likely bearly play the game. Reason I say this is their experiences seem detached from how things really are. It's a pity to have to read through so much trolling and rubbish talk to get to helpful posts. I'm certainly behind the curve as I'm new, but least I'm willing to learn and out in effort to catch up. My friend has a stack of alts with under 40 reaper points and hardly any past lives and does really well. I think Timmy9999 was right, although past lives and reaper points help, other factors weigh in more.
    Unfortunately the last thing people generally do is blame themselves, they will blame power creep, lag, lack of time the list goes on. The simple fact is, the people that were not lazy, and were willing to work to improve there characters got the rewards.
    These complainers don't want to put any effort in at all and expect all the rewards. Even if they brought an account with maxed out past lives and reaper points they would still be terrible .....why? Because they haven't learnt how to play reaper, they wouldn't know how to build toons or select gear and to be honest if they are struggling in r1 lack the basic skills to play the game in higher content. So they need to stop blaming everything else and work on the main 2 items listed above. Then when you have them done, when you get the reaper points you will be kicking butt.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    The simple fact is, the people that were not lazy, and were willing to work
    It's a game, not an unpaid job. Also, the OP is being a bit disingenuous. You aren't getting to 100 reaper points in 5 months running R1. He was most likely carried through high-level reaper at cap. And that's fine, you can do that but it's a bit against the narrative anyone can do it since he isn't actually doing anything himself except running behind other characters and looting a chest.

I am Awesomesauce!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    It's a game, not an unpaid job. Also, the OP is being a bit disingenuous. You aren't getting to 100 reaper points in 5 months running R1. He was most likely carried through high-level reaper at cap. And that's fine, you can do that but it's a bit against the narrative anyone can do it since he isn't actually doing anything himself except running behind other characters and looting a chest.

you are funny

how DARED he to get involved and wanting to hang around and learn with more experienced players willing to help, friends\guild\community

in a MMO nonetheless!!!

hahahahahahahahha

Its not 100 for wings its 75.. do some research... Going to put someone down without even knowing the facts....
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    Unfortunately the last thing people generally do is blame themselves, they will blame power creep, lag, lack of time the list goes on. The simple fact is, the people that were not lazy, and were willing to work to improve there characters got the rewards.
    These complainers don't want to put any effort in at all and expect all the rewards. Even if they brought an account with maxed out past lives and reaper points they would still be terrible .....why? Because they haven't learnt how to play reaper, they wouldn't know how to build toons or select gear and to be honest if they are struggling in r1 lack the basic skills to play the game in higher content. So they need to stop blaming everything else and work on the main 2 items listed above. Then when you have them done, when you get the reaper points you will be kicking butt.
    I think it's very possible for someone to succeed with the system and at the same time think the system does have problems - that would be me.

Reaper is the most over-rewarded system - a nerf to reaper power would be more appropriate than adding more in my opinion. I especially dislike that people choosing to opt out of reaper join LH raids and are grouping with people getting 120 hp and 450 spell points from reaper before bonuses. That seems very unfair to me considering the devs made it sound like reaper was optional - it is not and whether it was intended or not the bar for party members has been increased to factor in reaper cores in raiding.

I like the direction Sev is going with expanding reaper by having leaders share their reaper power with the party and adding rewards for leadership (hopefully cosmetic only). To me the issue isn't so much with the existing rewards as I am concerned about expanding an already over-rewarded system with more power resulting in people complaining R10 is too easy - as long as people are complaining about R10 being too easy it would be inappropriate to add more power - and there have been many making that complaint including you. Cosmetics, sure throw some new cosmetics as long as they don't diminish hardcore cosmetics. I can always use some more unique cosmetics.

As for OP, congrats, but simple math would indicate you didn't get to wings running solo R1 heroics which would be under 100k per life. Many people that has little or no reaper points at the start of 2020 now have wings because it's so easy to find high reaper groups and there is no need to be picky. This is the snowball effect of over-rewarding reaper with too much power. It's the same reason people took years to get wings on their first character and now can get an alt with wings in a few months.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

excerpt

story3
    of 3 bards in r8 c3 ravenloft
    1 has 4200hp and is super vet
    2 had 1500
    being carried by vets is what we do
    and give out loot

hi welcome
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

I've been playing since 2009 and, after reaper had been introduced, my main still only has 68 reaper points, and I regularly run high reaper and level with r1-3. I also don't play as often as I used to, else I'd have had my wings over a year ago. I play maybe 2-5 hours a day, tops, when I used to play a whole lot more (nor do I consider myself a casual).

Honestly, the amount of time you play is very, very relevant to this topic. Playing 12 hours a day will get you reaper points very quickly, especially if you're running with good people that already have 80~100+ reaper points. Many of us older players are a bit jaded: still enjoying the game, but there's no rush or high in something new that can drive you forward with that much momentum.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 03-03-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Its not 100 for wings its 75.. do some research... Going to put someone down without even knowing the facts....
    Lol, I've always been curious how many Reaper Points equated to "Wings." If 75 points is true...It will be a decade before I get to 75
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Speaking of disingenuous

Ifn that's how the OP did it then that's how anyone can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

By all means, don't let people complaining ruin your fun. However, squeaky wheels do get attention. I'd hate for changes to be made based solely on loud voices on the forums.

He's not being disingenuous. I don't know what method he used to reach 75 reaper points, but saying a first life toon can't contribute, even in high reaper, is disingenuous.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present) | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-Present)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Well, gratz on the wings.

Been doing R1 mostly, sometimes I do a round of R8s at level 30 to get one point up.
    Sitting at 55 points now.

20 more and will also have my wings.

Can't say I don't like doing high reaper, can't say I always like to play it that hard.
    Can say that reaper is best in a group with a group of equals or better.
    Prob have been carried around a few times, esp when I started out or when I had the wrong gear.

Community Member

I'm confused. I'm not a mathematician but the numbers don't add up.

Another thing that confuses me and maybe you can clear things up is this: A post you made on 12-17-20 you said you run on Hard setting. On a post you made on 1-11-21 you state you have been playing for only 6 months. But then in a post you made on 3-02-21 You say you have only been playing for 5 months?

I've been running on R-8 to R-10 since reaper was released and I only have about 58 reaper points.

What is your secret? I'd like to know so I can alter my play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    I've been running on R-8 to R-10 since reaper was released and I only have about 58 reaper points.
    Mileage may vary. For instance, I came back to the game a year after reaper had released. It took me about 6 months to get wings on my first toon. I've been able to do it much quicker after learning the process: run r10s at cap and then TR to reset first times, rinse + repeat. I averaged 600k a life pre-feywild and some other recent packs.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present) | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-Present)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    I'm confused. I'm not a mathematician but the numbers don't add up.

Another thing that confuses me and maybe you can clear things up is this: A post you made on 12-17-20 you said you run on Hard setting. On a post you made on 1-11-21 you state you have been playing for only 6 months. But then in a post you made on 3-02-21 You say you have only been playing for 5 months?

What is your secret? I'd like to know so I can alter my play style.
    Thanks for the tip on post history. I think I get it now.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

"He was most likely carried through high-level reaper at cap. And that's fine, you can do that but it's a bit against the narrative anyone can do it since he isn't actually doing anything himself except running behind other characters and looting a chest."

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Ifn that's how the OP did it then that's how anyone can do it
    There's a world of difference between "can do it" and "would ever want to anything so boring just to get moar POWER"!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast