Community Member

Default Party Favor per Individual kill or total group kills? Thanks

Hello,

Does everyone in the group get the same percentage chance for party favors?

Is the number of party favors tied to the total group killed mobs in quest? Or the individual kills?

Any other information about the party favors also appreciated.

Thanks!

Community Manager

You get a 5% chance to acquire a Party Favor for every monster you personally defeat.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You get a 5% chance to acquire a Party Favor for every monster you personally defeat.
    As a tank I find this hugely disappointing, I'm sure the healers and CCers agree with me.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    As a tank I find this hugely disappointing, I'm sure the healers and CCers agree with me.
    (It's currently for any kill, so pop into like Draconic and go wander Korthos or something).

(Also there's the Anniversary Event that you can swap to EA + Falconry and do sprints while your DPS party members kill bosses).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

I have a guildmate named Souless who steals all kinds of kills from me that I was responsible for 'defeating.'
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Running around as a fire specked sorc in Orchard did not net me more party favors per min than running the event quest.
    Depending if you run in a full group and how pumped up the group is to set down record times vs how lucky you are on getting party favors outside your numbers can vary.
    Overall I found that while running in Orchard/Thunderholme, I either could not get the ~80 kills per minute or I was unlucky in the 5%.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    I have a guildmate named Souless who steals all kinds of kills from me that I was responsible for 'defeating.'
    It is a skill he learned from Jot.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Faster

Quote Originally Posted by Robeari View Post
    Hello,

Does everyone in the group get the same percentage chance for party favors?

Is the number of party favors tied to the total group killed mobs in quest? Or the individual kills?

Any other information about the party favors also appreciated.

Thanks!
    It's faster to run the event with a good group to get favors. With right group you get 12 per completion and can turn and burn.

Aside from the favors you get 31k xp per run with XP pot and ship buffs. Depending on the pots and buffs of course.

If you have to solo it, like on Wayfarer or just no luck on your server, get punch, go do Shadow of a Doubt on Elite using a light blasting warlock, easy to make a lvl 15 if you can, or if you got a light blaster class, but heck, just go in over the top by as many levels as you can and it doesn't matter. Rampage that run, take out those back to back shadow mobs. You can get as much as 13 party favor in 4 minutes time alone, though some runs go short at 4 or 5, the average is 9 or 10 I think. I tried many other methods, but this one worked the best constistently. Not sure if there is some odd 10% on the shadows going on, it does seem a bit more than 5%, but I am wiping large mobs out so fast I don't have time to count.. and didn't slow down to do an examination. I got the 13 cloaks in a rather short amount of time. It was a bit grindy, but not as long as it would have been otherwise.
    Hello Hello Hello

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Running around as a fire specked sorc in Orchard did not net me more party favors per min than running the event quest.
    Depending if you run in a full group and how pumped up the group is to set down record times vs how lucky you are on getting party favors outside your numbers can vary.
    Overall I found that while running in Orchard/Thunderholme, I either could not get the ~80 kills per minute or I was unlucky in the 5%.
    I tried Orchard too, and was also disappointed by it. Finding the same results you did. I got my best toon and could hack away those mobs faster then ever before, effortlessly, but to no avail. I tried the infinite blob spawning in the Fungus Lord quest, for 1 hr killing blobs. It was roughly the same too. I then ran shadow of a doubt, and that is definitely kicking out more than you can farm normally per an hr. I ran several rounds, to get many cloaks, on a bad run i'd get around 100 to 110 favor, on a good run around 160 to 170 favor (per a bottle of punch used up).

I also noticed that not stopping seemed to help the numbers come in faster. If I stopped to go get food, or whatever, it would start out slow for a bit, then start to pick up the count. Not sure what is going on in that quest, but it made farming 800 party favor much more relaxing and quicker than the event, which takes about 10 minutes on solo, maybe 8 if your running fast, and can be a bugger if your not on your main and on an alt on a different server to run 5 or 6 levels above for better bonuses.

My main knocked it out 5 levels above no problem. He will likely farm whatever goodies he wanted without punch. But stranded out on some server like wayfarer, where there is maybe 1 lfm up at any giving time, erm... I used punch and made it go faster, but only there did it work.

Give shadow of a doubt (must be elite or reaper) 2 or 3 runs and you will see some interesting things happen with those favor gains
    Hello Hello Hello

Community Member

Thanks for the tips but here's something for SSG to chew on: Party Favor does not encourage Party Play, quite the opposite in fact. During lockdown (which is still a thing here in the UK) I don't get to interact with many people and it seems whoever designed this system aims to keep it that way. Please make it group kills that trigger it, for all sorts of reasons but most of all because it's hard to have a party by yourself.

Thanks for the tips but here's something for SSG to chew on: Party Favor does not encourage Party Play, quite the opposite in fact. During lockdown (which is still a thing here in the UK) I don't get to interact with many people and it seems whoever designed this system aims to keep it that way. Please make it group kills that trigger it, for all sorts of reasons but most of all because it's hard to have a party by yourself.
    I was observing this too. I soloed because why share kills when that is what I need to get the count up?
    Hello Hello Hello

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Still

The fastest way to get favors is to run the anniv. event with a good group. Everyone gets 12 favors per run and in an hour you'll have around 200 favors.

Here's what I typically run, but you can do this at different levels:

• PUG level 27-30 peeps on CR 35 (5 levels over).
    • 1 person runs key/Jeets
    • Rest split up to kill the 4 bosses, which you need to do if you want 12 favors per run, Steel/Cordovan/Sev/Lichabel.
    • 1 person can stand by Malicia in power group for quick chat once key runner done.

Allot of PUG folks know these roles, but you will need to teach a few folks. I sometimes take 1 with me when I run the key to show them how, or I might pair up with one if someone else does the key/Jeets and go for the bosses.