Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 201 to 208 of 208
  1. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersquirt View Post
    I get the funny feeling SSG doesn't much care about VIP these days. Not when they can churn out 10 dungeons, throw in a hireling & sentient gem and get their $99 that way.
    This might be possible. We don't have the numbers, and SSG does, of course. Perhaps VIP subscriptions aren't as a reliable source of revenue as selling expansions/mini-expansions to the player base.

  2. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post

    VIP is a gold roll and a small XP boost, that's it. It sucks and I wish it wasn't but that truly is the case. make THAT more attractive and you will have more VIPS.

    • Permanent 20% off on top of any other sale on ANYTHING in the store all the time.
    • Permanent 20% XP boost (up from the 10% now)
    • Permanent buddy boost (doubles when they have it on)
    • Permanent 10% bonus to Reaper XP


    Those 3 right there would make a compelling case give how massive the XP wall is to climb. and the 20% off everything feels pretty special. You buy an Otto's box and you are saving actual real dollars there makes VIP very worth it.
    This is likely too generous. Perhaps 15% XP boost and 5% Reaper boost, along with some other new perks. I just want to know if SSG is planning on offering more for the VIP sub.

  3. #203

    Default

    Another idea for enhancing the value of a VIP subscription: 30% permanent bonus for Mysterious Remnants, Commendation of Valor, and possibly other collectible items. Making the TR process easier for subscribers would definitely appeal to at least some players.

  4. #204
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    This is likely too generous. Perhaps 15% XP boost and 5% Reaper boost, along with some other new perks. I just want to know if SSG is planning on offering more for the VIP sub.
    I disagree when you take into account VIP is removing basically the "access to all quests" moving forward. Mark my words we are going to get the odd "quest" maybe even 2 or 3 together maybe once a year, or every other year. Everything else will be expansion and mini-expansion.

    So on the balance what I proposed still might not be enough to entice the cancelled subs to re-sub. Most of the people I know and play with, like myself, have let them lapse. Same goes for my wife and she runs a COMPLETELY different crowd and most of them (her included) have lapsed / are on break because of the mini-expansion BS
    I wish i could press snowflakes in a book like flowers.
    Some people are like glow sticks. You just wanna snap 'em and then shake the heck out of them until the lights come on.

  5. #205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    I disagree when you take into account VIP is removing basically the "access to all quests" moving forward. Mark my words we are going to get the odd "quest" maybe even 2 or 3 together maybe once a year, or every other year. Everything else will be expansion and mini-expansion.
    DDO will probably release two free-to-VIP adventure packs with four or five quests each every year, along with a paid expansion or mini-expansion, and also a single free quest probably at the end of the year. As I've suggested before, the full expansions and mini-expansions will likely alternate so each calendar year will have one major drop of new content.
    Last edited by The_Human_Cypher; 08-28-2021 at 04:26 PM.

  6. #206

  7. #207
    Community Member Cybersquirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Things that will make me feel VIP again, after all this time (and based on what we lost over the years, or have seen offered):

    Daily Gold rolls
    Free or Heavily discounted RESPEC Tokens every time SSG "rebalances" a character - Fred just doesn't work for feat swaps when you get past 6
    IN GAME support!
    More sub content in store. there is currently nothing.
    One VIP event every 6 months minimum that DOES NOT involve having to spend moar $$$

    ...very disappointed to learn that I cannot unlock 400 Gatekeeper favor w/o buying Saltmarsh. Bitter taste returning...

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    DDO will probably release two free-to-VIP adventure packs with four or five quests each every year, along with a paid expansion or mini-expansion, and also a single free quest probably at the end of the year. As I've suggested before, the full expansions and mini-expansions will likely alternate so each calendar year will have one major drop of new content.
    And you know this, how? I agree with SiliconScout in that SSG has (arguably) been perfecting the pay model, starting with the Shard Exchange.
    You must gather your party before venturing forth.

  8. #208

    Default

    And you know this, how? I agree with SiliconScout in that SSG has (arguably) been perfecting the pay model, starting with the Shard Exchange.
    The new DDO content for the year ending in December 2021 will be two free-to-VIP adventure packs (Updates 49 and 51), one free-to-VIP raid (update 51), one paid mini-expansion (Update 50), as well as one free quest (Update 51 or 52). The Feywild raid released in February was supposed to be part of Update 48 near the end of 2020.

    Based on this year and previous years, we can expect four quarterly updates per year, two of which will likely be free-to-VIP adventure packs.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload