Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default New VIP Subscriber Benefits

I have a confession to make: after maintaining a continuous VIP subscription since 2010 (including the Season Pass), I let my VIP sub expire at the end of January 2021 (*sobs*). I'm not playing DDO that much at the moment, and the only two VIP benefits that accrue continuously for subscribers are the 500 monthly DDO Points and the Weekly Gold Rolls. I decided those two perks weren't important enough to renew my sub without interruption, but I will re-sub before Hardcore League Season 4 so I can play on the HL server this spring.

So the point of this post: what benefits can be added to the VIP sub to make a continuous subscription more attractive? Severlin mentioned on the live stream this Wednesday that SSG would review ways to enhance the value of the VIP membership soon.

One suggestion I think will stick is offering exclusive quarterly cosmetic items/pets/mounts to VIP subscribers. At least some players would stay subbed to collect all of these VIP-only items instead of missing out. What are some other suggestions to improve the allure of always remaining a VIP? We hashed this out in my VIP+ suggestion thread a while back, but now would be a good time to revisit these ideas.

Community Member

I'd be happy with more item bank space.

Cosmetics would be a huge mistake.

While some people like cosmetics others dont care and hate that they take up space. Thats is why cosmetics should be sold in the store for those that like them to purchase. So, a big, fat NO! to cosmetics as part of VIP.

Up the monthly DDO points from 500 to 1000. (thus you gain something even when playing less)
    Up the VIP xp bonus to +20% (thus you really gain something when playing).
    KISS.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 02-27-2021 at 02:03 AM.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading PUG Raids Wednesdays from 1930 CET

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Cosmetics would be a huge mistake.

While some people like cosmetics others dont care and hate that they take up space. Thats is why cosmetics should be sold in the store for those that like them to purchase. So, a big, fat NO! to cosmetics as part of VIP.

Up the monthly DDO points from 500 to 1000. (thus you gain something even when playing less)
    KISS.
    We will have storage tabs on the character sheet for both pets and mounts soon, so perhaps the VIP-exclusive cosmetic rewards could only be pets and mounts (two of each per year). Unique cosmetic pets and mounts wouldn't take up any inventory space and would just sit in their slots if players didn't want to use them.

VIP should also get a daily gold roll, like the season pass had. 4,5 gold rolls per month is just rubbish.

And all the junk should be removed from gold roll tables. Every gold roll should give something good and useful, not junk like potions of fury or prowess.

cosmetic items/pets/mounts to VIP subscribers
    Cosmetic handouts can honestly go die in a fire.

There's no storage and no decent system of collections / unlocked item sets - honestly, why can't resource be put into coding something like WoW or destiny 2's collections / cosmetic systems?

As a carrot to earn like hardcore? for sure, if I want to have it I can work toward it.

Give us something worthwhile, like a loot effects boost for a better chance at mythic 3/4 & reaper bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Cosmetic handouts can honestly go die in a fire.

There's no storage and no decent system of collections / unlocked item sets - honestly, why can't resource be put into coding something like WoW or destiny 2's collections / cosmetic systems?

As a carrot to earn like hardcore? for sure, if I want to have it I can work toward it.

Give us something worthwhile, like a loot effects boost for a better chance at mythic 3/4 & reaper bonuses.
    Adding play bonuses to the VIP sub is fine, but I was brainstorming incentives not to break a VIP sub. Additional perks for VIP should be continuous such as a loyalty rewards system, so players don't subscribe on and off.

I would be okay with cosmetics if that's not the only bump in benefits.

Personally, I would like to see:
    • more storage space
    • a higher XP bonus
    • permanent Veteran III character creation
    • maybe a monthly cosmetic option, varying between headgear, body, auras, weapons, shields, and pets.
    • 12 months of cumulative VIP grants a Wish of Inheritance
    • 10% Store discount

YMMV
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I would be okay with cosmetics if that's not the only bump in benefits.

Personally, I would like to see:
    • more storage space
    • a higher XP bonus
    • permanent Veteran III character creation
    • maybe a monthly cosmetic option, varying between headgear, body, auras, weapons, shields, and pets.
    • 12 months of cumulative VIP grants a Wish of Inheritance
    • 10% Store discount

YMMV
    This is a good idea. After so many accumulated months of VIP subscription, a subscriber is able to choose a high value item from the DDO Store. The reward tiers keep improving the longer someone maintains their sub.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    We will have storage tabs on the character sheet for both pets and mounts soon, so perhaps the VIP-exclusive cosmetic rewards could only be pets and mounts (two of each per year). Unique cosmetic pets and mounts wouldn't take up any inventory space and would just sit in their slots if players didn't want to use them.
    I am still not at all interested in pets, mounts or cosmetics - storage or not. Those are items people individually should purchase or chase - not something to put into a VIP sub.

Here is something I would consider worthwhile for VIP.
    - If you have a 12 month unbroken sub you may start at level 1 or 4 after a TR.
    - If you have a 36 month unbroken sub you may start at level 1, 4 or 7 after a TR.
    - If you have a 60 month unbroken sub you may start at level 1, 4, 7 or 10 after a TR.
    Basically, Vet I, II or III but not just for new characters.

Now *that* would be worth staying VIP for.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 02-27-2021 at 03:19 AM.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading PUG Raids Wednesdays from 1930 CET

KISS.
    This needs to happen now! There is so much XP to earn it won't cost them much - I will still be buying xp pots to along with the +20%

Default Great idea

I am still not at all interested in pets, mounts or cosmetics - storage or not. Those are items people individually should purchase or chase - not something to put into a VIP sub.

Here is something I would consider worthwhile for VIP.
    - If you have a 12 month unbroken sub you may start at level 1 or 4 after a TR.
    - If you have a 36 month unbroken sub you may start at level 1, 4 or 7 after a TR.
    - If you have a 60 month unbroken sub you may start at level 1, 4, 7 or 10 after a TR.
    Basically, Vet I, II or III but not just for new characters.

Now *that* would be worth staying VIP for.
    This is a great idea. A real bonus that would be valuable to players who have been here a long time. Someone call Sev ....
    Founder of Mickory ~ Former Officer of ATD
    Thayill * Glorious * Glorie * Gloried * Glorisai * Gloreia * Hallows * Sargavand
    If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit by me

One possible VIP benefit that would make just about everyone that have the money for it go VIP do it would be to give VIP increased chance for named loot in chests

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    So the point of this post: what benefits can be added to the VIP sub to make a continuous subscription more attractive? Severlin mentioned on the live stream this Wednesday that SSG would review ways to enhance the value of the VIP membership soon.
    I'd like to be able to list more than 20 items (an arbitrary and ridiculously low number) in the shard auction house. Should be at least 50.

A better account-wide inventory system. It would be superb as a VIP to be able to open up the banks of my other characters, or even better, their inventories and at least view them, if not move items, without logging in/out/in/out to find something.

A free character respec token of some kind once a month/quarter - preferably something like a +20 heart but even just a +1 would be a big benefit for active players.

Time to make VIPs worth it...

- VIP Housing with closet storage equal to shared bank storage (basically gives double storage capacity).
    - 1500 TP / month
    - 500 AS / month
    - VIP daily gold roll
    - 10% store markdown
    - +10% XP earning

- NO cosmetics or mounts (save those for HCL or store purchases)

I do like the idea of rewards based on consecutive (or cumulative time) spent as VIP, too. Both ideas above are great; especially the pick of high value DDO Store Item. I really like the Wish of Inheritance idea.
    In DDO terms, "[x] Pass" means "[x] Changes" not "[x] Improvements"

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Have a VIP hall, with unique vendors selling VIP only items, e.g.

Hearts of wood, all flavours
    Ingredient free cannith casting
    Potions of heal, long lasting potions of haste, ...
    Hair Dye for the cosmetic girls
    Unique augments
    Changing appearance
    DD scrolls
    Unique buffs - e.g. boost assassinate for 1 hour

All of which are only useable whilst VIP to prevent abuse

Allow VIPs to have two regular hirelings each

Allow VIPs to run twice as far from a death stone

Quote Originally Posted by salmag View Post
    I do like the idea of rewards based on consecutive (or cumulative time) spent as VIP, too. Both ideas above are great; especially the pick of high value DDO Store Item. I really like the Wish of Inheritance idea.
    This is the core idea behind my suggestion. More incentives should be in place to maintain a VIP subscription even when not playing DDO as most players take at least short breaks from the game. There should be reward tiers based on continuous months of VIP subscription.

Community Member

No...cosmetics would not be a benefit. More Points like ESO with a monthly allotment of 1000-1500 pts. including the bonus of points reduction cost(say 15-20% off)for VIPers. I do think this would be the best option and allow players more opportunities to grow and farm a larger stock of equipment/desirables that most players; especially the poor at (money)heart want or need.

The other pursuant of players retaining VIP status is the evolution that I will bring up from time to time is.... DDO can't survive without evolving. This includes game content(expansions and updates), but mechanics and technical upgrades....the engine is OOOOOLLLLDDDD!

Default Do something soon!

I have been a VIP since 2007 and I will be dropping VIP in April (as I do not see ANY benefit from staying VIP).

I am not even sure if they bumped VIP benefits, I would stay VIP as I am also considering leaving DDO, but for the people that do stay playing, I think VIP should get more. I REALLY like the continuous VIP rewards mentioned above (kinda cool).

Quote Originally Posted by ice4chill View Post
    No...cosmetics would not be a benefit. More Points like ESO with a monthly allotment of 1000-1500 pts. including the bonus of points reduction cost(say 15-20% off)for VIPers. I do think this would be the best option and allow players more opportunities to grow and farm a larger stock of equipment/desirables that most players; especially the poor at (money)heart want or need.

The other pursuant of players retaining VIP status is the evolution that I will bring up from time to time is.... DDO can't survive without evolving. This includes game content(expansions and updates), but mechanics and technical upgrades....the engine is OOOOOLLLLDDDD!
    DDO Store Point sales are likely a major revenue stream for SSG, so they may be reluctant to give more Points away with a VIP sub above what is already included. However, you're suggestion would certainly increase the sub's value and players would remain subscribed even when not playing to gain the monthly Points. 500 DDO Points per month is good, but the value of 6,000 DDO Points a year is still less than half the dollar cost of an annual VIP sub ($99).

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast