Community Manager

Default Friday Hangout on Twitch!

This Friday from about 4-8pm Eastern (-5 GMT) I'll be hanging out on our Twitch channel, doing some giveaways, and might even do a few in-world surprise drops, although we need to be careful not to impact the game world too much. Surely I wouldn't do that. Watch me not do that along with visits from other folks on Twitch.tv/DDOstream!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Didn't you learn your lesson on this in previous years?

Instances don't seem to be able to handle a large number of people anymore. Oh well, at least if we see some of the enormous monsters of yesteryear appear in public zones we should rightly know to run from the apocalypse.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Dracoliches to last for days!!

That actually went better than I expected.

But just a note to you, Cordovan, having the Thelanis drops in Eveningstar prevented anyone who didn't have a character with access to Eveningstar from participating. This would include my youngest. Please in the future have these get togethers in the regular public spaces of the game.

Thank you.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Thank you for the Pet Rock and Winter Wolf. I did not have those. The portion of the Live Stream with all the Developers was particularly informative. The Saltmarsh Wilderness looks wonderful.

I do have a small suggestion with regard the Monsters you spawn. Since you limit yourself to non-raid Monsters to prevent massive wipes, a wise course, they all go down pretty quick. Perhaps one of the developers could make some dedicated "Live Stream Monsters" for you with the following attributes:

1) About 10 Million Hit Points (perhaps adjustable so you can make it reasonable for the number of people present)
    2) Multiple attacks, but each attack capping at about 100 damage
    3) Random threat--they attack people at random, constantly switching to new targets
    4) No attacks that inflict persistent conditions like Mummy Rot
    5) Immune to all forms of Threat Control
    6) No Instant Death mechanics of any kind
    7) Lots of annoyance attacks like Knockback and Knockdown and Stun.

Such a Monster would only kill very low level characters and would last long enough for everyone present to contribute to bringing it down.

For example, a Live Stream Dragon might Breath Fire (100 Fire Damage to everyone in the cone), Tail Sweep (100 Bludgeon Damage to everyone hit), Bite (100 Pierce Damage), Wing Buffet (100 Bludgeon Damage to everyone in arc plus Knockback), Jump and Stomp (100 Bludgeon Damage to everyone within 10 meters plus Knockdown), and so forth, with enough time between attacks for players to run away or heal. The attack sequence might be Breath Fire - Bite - Bite - Claw - Wing Buffet - Claw - Claw - Bite - Jump and Stomp - Bite - Claw - Bite - Tail Sweep - and so on, with every attack targeted on a random Character in range. Fighting such a Monster would feel Epic even though it actually poses a relatively small threat to even mid-level Characters.

A huge Beholder with 8 low damage attacks and the Anti-Magic Cone would be fun.

A gigantic Purple Worm that Bites and Body Slams and creates Earthquakes would work.

Anyway, you get the idea. Players would get really excited when faced with something that gigantic and tough when they realize practically all characters can contribute to bringing the Monster down.

If possible, a really super neat mechanic would be to have it spawn a Chest on defeat. Any Character that damaged the Monster can loot. The Chest contains an item you select form the Community Loot List.

For the Raid thing, I also have a suggestion. Hold a contest to "Join Cordovan for [Raid]" on Server X at Time Y with a Level 30 Character. Pick 10 winners and 20 runners up. At the designated time, everyone assembles with a Level 30 Character. The 10 winners get first priority. Fill vacant slots (no shows and not properly flagged) with the runners up. Then, go do the Raid. Reserve the 12th spot for a volunteer to lead the Raid. You can conduct your Live Stream, the Raid Leader can herd the cats, and at the end, you can give everyone a pick from the Community Loot List or whatever. I am sure lots of people would volunteer to lead the Raid. You could run at lower difficulties to make it a very inclusive, just for fun thing.
    Last edited by Annex; 02-26-2021 at 07:41 PM.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!