Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why are the hires naked?

All the player race hires all seem to be in their undies.

Yalthoun doing an undies fashion show for anniversary?

They messed something up royally in armor appearances and its effecting more than just hires see these threads:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ics-screwed-up
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ug-after-patch

and...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ssed-hirelings

I think there was one more thread but quickly scanning through I can't find it now.

I'm not sure they could have found anything to upset me more (in a game) if they deliberately set out to do so. I'm going to have to look through all my characters and make a list of the issues.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

15th anniversary = paaaaarty!

Feywild = nymphs and drunken revelry!

Both at the same time = WOOOO-HOOOO!

Community Member

So how come Malicia is still half-dressed?

I mean jeez...

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    They messed something up royally in armor appearances and its effecting more than just hires see these threads:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ics-screwed-up
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ug-after-patch

and...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ssed-hirelings

I think there was one more thread but quickly scanning through I can't find it now.

I'm not sure they could have found anything to upset me more (in a game) if they deliberately set out to do so. I'm going to have to look through all my characters and make a list of the issues.
    Lets wish (fat chance) that they trying (yeah right) to implement some sort of cosmetic wardrobe and screwed up somewhere along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Lets wish (fat chance) that they trying (yeah right) to implement some sort of cosmetic wardrobe and screwed up somewhere along the way.
    Why'd you have to put in the parentheses? Like I'm half hopeful now but also poisoned with cynicism.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

This is also why SSG/Turbine doesn't like people talking about exploits publicly. Because if it was broken once, it will eventually be broken again.

Community Member

Why'd you have to put in the parentheses? Like I'm half hopeful now but also poisoned with cynicism.
    Did you see the livechat digest? Grim news...they want to do a cosmetic wardrobe but its technically difficult because cosmetics arent "real" items, they're just links to other items.

Horse stable tab coming first, wardrobe still has a lot of issues to figure out first

Community Manager

We have identified a couple of issues going on and are working on a fix. We apologize for the underwear-clad hirelings. It is not true that they had too much access to the anniversary party punch, and should not be criticized for their actions.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have identified a couple of issues going on and are working on a fix. We apologize for the underwear-clad hirelings. It is not true that they had too much access to the anniversary party punch, and should not be criticized for their actions.
    Will this also correct the player worn armors that are missing or altered? I mean it seems like Brigandine-style armor is showing up as the under armor appearance for a number of named armors such as Coat of the Traveler. Or a very old mithral heavy plate texture that looks like a white version of the Arrakis stillsuit.

Community Member

Or a very old mithral heavy plate texture that looks like a white version of the Arrakis stillsuit.
    Quick!!! Go run Belly of the Beast, we need screenshots!!

Bless the Purple Worm and His water. Bless the coming and going of Him. May His passage cleanse the Underdark.

I’m summoned, at the quests front door
    The Player says, “Are you gonna Heal me up right?”
    Oh player dear, we’re not the intelligent ones
    And Hires, they wanna have fu-un
    Oh, Hires just wanna have fun!
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Default not only hires

not only the hires are effected by clothing mayhem. I logged on today to find my warforged monk wearing what looks like grey under armor where is suppose to be the old golden crest lavender trim cosmetic on my docent. my warforged wizard is also effected with his temple docent glamor changing colors from red highlights to yellow ones and the underlay is also the grey armor as the my monk. strangely one of my other glamored outfits of the temple full plate that usually shows up without pants now has a cute skirt and leggings, which is a bonus, coat of the travelers has also been changed to some strange green underlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Reminds me of the time everybody is running around in starter rags cosmetics.

Indeed, I checked through my characters cosmetics and actual armors and the only new one affected other than the previously mentioned Coat of the Traveler is the Gold Iconic Blade Forged cosmetic... the Grand Bladeforged Frame I think. It shows some of the upper gold spiky bits but then has that white Dune still-suit underneath. But when I toggled it off then on again it fixed itself. So that was a relief.

oh ppl come on, it's just about some missing textures, they'll fix it, it's just some potential all-at-once self-inflicted nightmare perfect bugstorm anniversary + major spell changes + feats + new raid + teh halo omg teh halos. they'll do it eventually no prob.

about skins don't you remember that time turbine introduced new skins for outfits like for example that one with tigerish somethings and the other one with those horrible sticks on the back that if you get stoneskin you're looking like a stone half TV dish? whatever. iirc. i mean, that time all the random loot outfits in inventory and banks just vanished into nothingness. that was funny.

let's chill out and embrace the whatever.
    Last edited by Valerianus; 02-26-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    let's chill out and embrace the whatever.

I do not embrace the whatever. I spend much time and effort making my characters look a way that pleases me. I do not wish to be dressed like a Fremen with bits and bobs and tacky accessories. You may chill out if you like... I'll just be over here wearing other unaffected cosmetics. Its not like I don't have a dozen or so to choose from.

Bugged Bladeforged Warrior Grand Bladeforged Frame

So tacky.

I do not embrace the whatever. I spend much time and effort making my characters look a way that pleases me. I do not wish to be dressed like a Fremen with bits and bobs and tacky accessories. You may chill out if you like... I'll just be over here wearing other unaffected cosmetics. Its not like I don't have a dozen or so to choose from.

Bugged Bladeforged Warrior Grand Bladeforged Frame

So tacky.
    definitely tacky.

don't misunderstand me, i feel it.

i too am unable to play a character if it looks bad. in fact i decided to play some lives as a sorcerer, plan 1-30, etr, 20-30 again, etr + racial tr, and this x3, for 3x half-elf racial and 6x epics past lives as a fire sorc so the elemental form will cover the half elf look for most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    so the elemental form will cover the half elf look for most of the time.
    The full Night Revels Reaper cosmetics are great for disguising hideous half-elves.

The full Night Revels Reaper cosmetics are great for disguising hideous half-elves.
    i can't let go my pirate outfit and my pirate hat, they come first, had to find another way, i did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast