Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cosmetics screwed up?

Hey all,
    this should be a Red Dragonscale cosmetic covering a Leg Enigma Core. Sorry for the bad light.
    Anyone else noticing something alike?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Hey all,
    this should be a Red Dragonscale cosmetic covering a Leg Enigma Core. Sorry for the bad light.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    I have a cosmetic of the travelers coat that is screwed up as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Thumbs down Like this?

Like this, where I have the shoulder parts, but no robe?
    I paid money for this appearance kit waaaaaay back when...
    I hope this isn't going to be the first time in 16 years (yes, I was there for Beta) that I feel like asking for a refund.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (¯`·._.·[ The Truth of the Draconic Prophecy will be revealed in time. ]·._.·´¯)

same here, none of my cosmetic docents appearing correctly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Hey all,

Cheers,
    Titus.
    My WF EK looks like this as well

Community Member

I smell a global server database rollback coming...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Necromancer View Post
    I smell a global server database rollback coming...
    Me too ...

My guess is that putting the new Raid items into the Live database made this ... possible.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

From another, similar thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Yes, something similar happened to my Coat of the Traveler (Medium) armor cosmetic.

I just remade the cosmetic with a Mirror of Glamering I got from a silver dice roll and the new one looks like the old one did.

It sucks I had to use another mirror to get the old look back, but that appears to be the immediate solution to fix the problem.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

I think I fed the armor to my sentient jewel because I needed inventory space... So I can't re-glamour it.
    The Half-Orc cloak thread got an answer, I hope this one will get recognition, as well.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

I think this is a minor but funny bug. I wonder what they did on the ""back end"" to cause all these cosmetic screw ups...
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    I think this is a minor but funny bug. I wonder what they did on the ""back end"" to cause all these cosmetic screw ups...
    Blame the halo's ...halos every where. Sev knows all about halos

In other words what us forum user like to use, Spaghetti code.

Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Angry

Yes, all of my cosmetic docents are missing huge pieces.
    Sarlona Server - Evasca, Imandria, Aasinqa, Kiicha, Araknia, Milria, etc...

Officer of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

From another, similar thread: "used a mirror to redo the cosmetics"

We shouldn't need to spend anything to clean up their mess.
    They got to fix the cosmetics (I don't think they will).
    You nerfed my monks, dailies and alchemists.
    I nerfed your profit on two accounts.

Default Me too

Was like this...
    Now like this...

Bought this cosmetic immediately upon the release of cosmetics to the store. For me it is one of my more valuable possessions. Hope this is fixed. I have confidence it will be.

Edit - I should mention that this was a cosmetic that was permanently applied to a docent by a GM as compensation for 4 cosmetic docents that disappeared from my inventory 3 days after they were first available on the ddo store due to a glitch. So i've paid more than the normal price for this cosmetic. (however i do have 2 of them - neither of which now work)

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktor View Post
    Bought this cosmetic immediately upon the release of cosmetics to the store. For me it is one of my more valuable possessions. Hope this is fixed. I have confidence it will be.
    Cosmetic delighter's docent, rangen docent, livewood core docent, all three looks like the one You posted, an ugly base docent with extra bits depending on body feat. All but reaper docent and birthday docent ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy9999 View Post
    Blame the halo's ...halos every where. Sev knows all about halos

In other words what us forum user like to use, Spaghetti code.

That spaghetti must be very entangled if spell power, spell and combat updates bug out cosmetics...
    Last edited by kanordog; 02-26-2021 at 06:12 AM.
    You nerfed my monks, dailies and alchemists.
    I nerfed your profit on two accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    We shouldn't need to spend anything to clean up their mess.
    No kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by kanordog View Post
    They got to fix the cosmetics (I don't think they will).
    I agree, but in my quote I suggested a course of action for an immediate solution should it be needed.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown
    *12609*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Its also spring break in the hireling union. Stormreach Chronicle Swimsuit Edition on the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

We're in the midst of working on fixes for the warforged/bladeforged cosmetic issues and are still investigating the smaller number of issues reported for non-warforged/bladeforged cosmetic issues. At this time I can't commit to either being able to make it into our first followup bugfix patch (based on the timeline to fix estimates I've recieved being longer than a day or two) but wanted to assure you that it is being actively worked on. If they don't make it in time for this current bugfix patch we're working on I'll get another small followup patch for soon after it together to address this.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

No kidding.

I agree, but in my quote I suggested a course of action for an immediate solution should it be needed.
    I appreciate the suggestion Arkat. I'm not sure if there are many with my exact situation. However I just bought a mirror of glamouring and attempted to put my docent (bound with armor kit - see item description below) and the mirror did not recognize it to make a copy.

If that worked i would be happy enough. I did make a bug report though and hopefully if enough of us do so there may be steps taken to resolve. Also hearing that hirelings are effected so will likely need to be addressed if that is indeed the case.

edit - Ah just noticed Cocomajobo chimed in ahead of me. Excellent. thx muchly for the attention Coco!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktor View Post
    I appreciate the suggestion Arkat. I'm not sure if there are many with my exact situation. However I just bought a mirror of glamouring and attempted to put my docent (bound with armor kit - see item description below) and the mirror did not recognize it to make a copy.
    Image programs like IrfanView could make the relevant image part smaller. I'm just not interested in learning in great detail what kind of UI layout you have or what you have placed on your bars.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast